“Clean and efficient, but bad bathrooms”
Review of Motel 6 Scottsdale

Motel 6 Scottsdale
Ranked #60 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed July 24, 2011

On the last day of our cross-country trek, my husband, dog, and I stopped here. It was ok. The room was clean and the pool looked really nice, but we didn't try it because of the dog. There were no fast food restaurants that we could walk to, but the delivery options were pretty good, and eventually we found a service that would bring us food. The room was fine--small, but clean, and the beds were standard motel fare. The real downer for us was the bathroom. The shower was just curtained off, and it had a real gym shower feel to it. And there was never, ever any hot water, and we tried several times throughout the night and the morning. We opted out of our morning showers, which after having been on the road for so long, were pretty crucial to maintaining relaxation. I don't know, the price was really low, so I guess the value was comparable, but if I had known about the bathroom and shower, I would have sprung for something a bit nicer. Also, it was pretty far from the highway, which wasn't ideal. They did have a pancake restaurant adjoined, so if you don't have a dog that prevents you from eating inside, that's a nice perk.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 15, 2011

Stayed here a few months after moving to Scottsdale. The property had everything I needed: a super comfortable bed; adequate-sized room with all the basic essentials; clean laundry room; nicely manicured grounds and pool; and, free coffee in the mornings. The attendants in the front office are always friendly and accommodating and the housekeeping staff does a great job keeping the rooms clean and tidy. As for the location, I loved it! It's directly adjacent to the Fashion Square Mall and Scottsdale's original Pancake House, and just minutes away on foot to the downtown area. I'm a woman and stayed here by myself and felt safe on the grounds and in the general area. I'm definitely recommending family and friends to stay here when they come to visit. I had an excellent experience.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We stayed five nights here while visiting family in Phoenix. Our room was clean and comfortable. It was quiet. We felt safe. The rooms are small and not decorated. If all you want is a decent place to sleep, for half the price of anything else in the neighborhood, you can't go wrong here. We did not use the pool, but it looked clean and it is a good size for kids. The Original Pancake House next door to the motel is wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2011

Excellent value ,clean, reasonable priced. As we busy touring the USA my wife and I found this motel to be the best

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed June 29, 2011

This motel is a little bit nicer than most of this chain. It is in a great location, very upscale neighborhood, with plenty of shops, restaurants, etc, about. I would recommend it highly. I found the staff in the office mostly to be very pleasant, helpful, and a pleasure to deal with. My ONLY complaint was one of the night desk clerks- 10 PM, who I found to be officious, borderline rude, and definitely not a personality that should be in a public service job. No sense of hospitality or friendliness. Otherwise, everyone was great. I would certainly go back, just limit my contact with the sourpuss.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank CaliforniaJacks_man
Reviewed May 1, 2011

We came down to Scottsdale for a long weekend and loved this hotel. It's nothing fancy but who needs a fancy hotel room when your on vacation. The rooms were very nice and very clean. Staff very friendly and its in a great location. We paid around 150 for the room where as most of the hotels would be that for just one night. It had a nice desk area where you can sit and use your laptop. Its right next to the mall, I mean you could throw a rock and hit it, very nice shops there as well as places to eat. Its about a 2 min drive to old town Scottsdale. The walls are a bit thin, we never heard nieghbors just people who are outside their rooms, but it never really got that noisy. There is am Original pancake house located in front of the hotel I would'nt suggest it as it was $26 for two people for a basic breakfast.

Room Tip: try to get a room in back for veiw and quiet