“Great value and location”

The Scott Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Prescott
“Great value and location”
Reviewed February 3, 2010

If you're interested in exploring Scottsdale and all the restaurants and shopping, you can't do any better than right here. Especially for the money! I thought the rate I paid was terrific considering this is "high" season in Scottsdale! Beautiful grounds, very peaceful, lovely water features that drown out any noise from nearby Scottsdale road. There are charming little seating areas all over the property. All staff is incredibly helpful and well-trained. It's not a Four Seasons, but you definitely will appreciate the location, location, location, and all the little special touches that make this a great value. Didn't get a chance to use the spa, but it looks great. Had room service from the restaurant and it was very very good. Absolutely no complaints. A relatively inexpensive (for Scottsdale) gem in the desert.

• Stayed February 2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
florida
Reviewed February 3, 2010

I would like to thank the staff at the FireSky Resort. They are truly decent and kind people!

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed February 2, 2010

I would highly recommend this resort - the location, service, grounds, etc. were just fantastic. Katie at the front desk was incredibly helpful, as were others... I will not only be back - but will be recommending this place to friends, family, etc.!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 1, 2010

I hosted a meeting here and it did not go well. First off they were going through a remodel that they avoiding telling me about even though my contract specifically stated no remodel during my meeting. The front entrance was a disaster due to adding fountains. I had a dinner scheduled around the pool and the day before they started tearing up the stairs that lead to the pool. My sales contract promised that it was a quick fix and would be done before my dinner. That did not happen and we had to use torn up stairs to access our dinner. Then the workers working on the pool stairs decided to cut all their wood right next to our meeting so we could hear sawing. There was also tons of banging due to breaking up cement in the lobby.

The staff was not helpful. I explained that the banging had to stop and they promised it would stop. It would for maybe 5 minutes and then start up again.

One of my clients wanted chocolate during a reception and I asked the staff if this request could be taken care of. They informed that it was impossible because the kitchen staff had gone home for the night and there was no other option. I went to the restaurant next to my meeting room and asked for a dessert menu. There were plenty of chocolate items on the menu and I ordered few and had them delivered. The hotel staff could not come up with this solution on their own.

Also the business center was out of order the entire 5 days I was there. No reason was given. I had to have the front desk print & copy anything I needed help with.

I suggest that you avoid this hotel and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
3 Thank HavePillow
Arizona
Reviewed January 28, 2010

Kimptons are comfortable renovated properties with excellent customer service and a relaxed atmosphere. The location of Firesky is optimal, across from the Fashion Square and a hair north of the downtown Scottsdale dining scene. While enjoying your complimentary wine hour in the lobby, chat with the staff and get excellent restaurant recommendations.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
CherylMartin, Asst General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, January 30, 2010
We all thank you for writing to Trip Advisor regarding your relaxed stay and the great service you received at the FireSky. As we continue to grow loyal guests to the Kimpton brand, we appreciate your time to tell others about us. We hope to see you again soon.
Missouri
Reviewed January 27, 2010

We had a very nice time at the Firesky and would stay there again. The hotel grounds were well kept and the room was nice & clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My husband was there for a conference and they were served wonderful food. The hotel is in a good location and they provide a shuttle service for free within 3 miles of the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends and family.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed January 25, 2010

We stayed at FireSky earlier this year and absolutely loved it. (I filled out a detailed TripAdvisor comment). We were itching to go back, so we booked a two week stay in August 2009.

We had an excellent vacation - we knew the resort well from our last trip and settled in comfortably for our two week stay. It was incredible - we were frequent users of the pool/bar service and also did not hesitate to use room service when necessary.

We are both sports nuts, so we went to a Cardinals pre season game and caught a few D-Backs baseball games. We purchased all of our tickets online and didn't have a problem securing good tickets a few hours before game time.

We did not golf as much as we are used to this time around, but that had to do with us wanting to relax by the pool and enjoy the glorious weather.

The resort is wonderful and we will stay there again! Service is impeccable, location is excellent and the pool is heavenly!!

This time, we make the trek to the Grand Canyon and had a fabulous time. Highly recommended day trip. We drove to Flagstaff and then to the Grand Canyon. On the way back, we stopped at Sedona and did the scenic drive back to Phoenix. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. This was one of the most amazing and memorable drives we have ever taken in our lives!!

A few tips

* Book any tee times at golfnow.com. It is much cheaper than just turning up to a course.

* Shop at the Anthem Outlets! We have gone every time when we go to Phoenix and have not been disappointed yet.

* Rent a car in the city (Phoenix or Scottsdale) than at the airport. There are tons of taxes at the airport and you can save a significant amount of money booking elsewhere and taking a cab from the airport. Budget at Pima Crossing is excellent!

* Service at the hotel is tops. The bell guys know their stuff and everyone was very friendly. Special thanks to the pool and bar wait staff - they were great.

* The hotel has happy hour for both alcohol and appetizers every day. A great deal, if you are hungry or thirsty at that point in the day.

* If you are going off resort, be sure to visit Sedona and do the scenic drive. Well worth the time!!!!

The only complaint I had about this hotel is that they hosted some ridiculous beach party while we were there. They gave guests less than 12 hours notice that a huge, disruptive party was going to be happening at the resort. I am young (I think) and I like to have a good time, but I found this particularly annoying, especially since we had booked the hotel to just relax and sit around in the sun. You can't do that with a "beach party" going on, as a bunch of 17 year olds took over the entire pool area. We made ourselves scarce for most of the day, but when we returned to the hotel, we found the deejay to be foul mouthed and rude - in plain view of everyone who was staying there!

Needless to say, it was not impressive. We spoke to the management and they told us they would never be having this kind of party there again. That assured us. Aside from the "party", I have nothing negative to say about FireSky and would recommend it to anyone who wants to relax, unwind and be pampered for a while.

We will be back again - promise! Please email me with any questions!!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple