“Already booked our next Stay here”

The Scott Resort & Spa
Ranked #31 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Illinois
“Already booked our next Stay here”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

The whole family loved our stay here in early March. I have a 20 year old and a 17 year old. Great location we were able to walk to the mall and the canal walking trail as well as many eating places in the downtown Scottsdale area. Also close to the Giants spring training fields and the Camelback Mountain trail. Pool and workout room were nice and a Cactus Crossfit was also close. Everyone was very friendly. Family loved the free morning coffee and my son really liked the restaurant (he's the only one who ate there). Beds and pillows were great. My son actually saved a baby bunny that fell in the pool while I went to get help. I can't remember the name of the staff member who got a towel and completely dryer off the bunny before we took him back to his nest area. The Firesky made you feel comfortable like you were at home. Just booked for our next trip in August.

Room Tip: We faced the inside of the resort.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
CherylMartin ., General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank You! How nice you have a hero that saved one of our precious bunnies! I think they get excited about the pool too. So happy to hear you booked your next stay.
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
Los Angeles
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I love Kimpton hotels, and usually stay for business--LA, SF, Chicago, DC, NY, Philadelphia. I have been to quite a few and most are newer and very well-maintained four star properties. This resort is not. It looks nice at first blush, particularly the attractive pool area, but otherwise don't look too close. If you do, you will notice things like missing pool tiles (not one, but quite a few), hallways that have been deodorized so much that they have that too sweet smell of a lower-end property, peeling varnish on a bathroom wood frame, a little rust on bathroom faucet handles, and similar indications of deferred maintenance. None of this is too subtle and management must be aware that its time for a refresh. I think if you go offseason or otherwise when you are not paying $300-$400 you may think its good enough, but you can do better at the price point being offered during a Cactus League spring training weekend.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool area are more pleasant than those facing the parking area, many of which look...
1 Thank LikeNiceHotels
Ouch, that hurt a bit to read. I do not want to disappoint any guest, much less you who understands Kimpton's standards. I am sorry! I will certainly look deeply at your concerns as broken pool tiles are completely unacceptable. I hope this doesn't prevent you from coming back. WE do care and will find solutions.
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband, son and I were at Firesky in Scottsdale from March 9th - 15th, my son is 5 and told us many times he wanted Firesky to be his new home. The staff was incredible, the grounds were beautiful, our room was so quiet (rm 156) and we slept perfectly every night. I called ahead and had a couple questions and had said we were celebrating our Anniversary and we had a wonderful surprise and card in our room when we arrived!!! (Thank you Celine!) The guys at the front were amazing, so friendly and great with our son (found a random screwdriver to put batteries in Thomas the train) so convenient to get anywhere with the free rides in their SUV - and thank you Mike at the front, you are awesome!! The pools and hot tub were perfect, lots of places to sit out, we enjoyed the free smore kits at the firepits in the evening more than once. The location during Spring Training is perfect, so close to shopping and great restaurants. The wine at 5pm in the lobby area - we loved!!! The coffee in the morning - I loved!! Housekeeping was great, very nice and our room was done as though it was our first day every morning! I have absolutely nothing negative to say, we had the best time and we did not want to leave, we will definitely be back!! Thank you Firesky!!

Room Tip: If you can, select an inside room with a view of the pool or lagoon area.
1 Thank Stephanie H
CherylMartin ., General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thanks for the amazing review. I am thrilled to read that you had such a great experience and we created wonderful lasting memories for your family. I do love that you shared with future guests of the FireSky!
Belmont, CA
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed here in March and it was a WONDERFUL trip!! The Resort is small, but has everything I needed. The grounds were lovely and the pools were interesting and fun. I'm a wimp when it comes to cold water, and even in early Spring, they were just right! Also a great big hot tub, perfect for meeting new friends. The room was spacious and airy and I very much appreciated the balcony! The service was fantastic, as usual. I've stayed at several Kimptons and I'm never NEVER disappointed! Front desk was friendly, concierge made great suggestions, and pool service was attentive and smiley. The property is located within walking distance of the Old Town which is pretty small, but will meet all your rattle snake themed souvenir needs. It's also close enough to walk to a few restaurants and coffee. Took a taxi to see the Giants play, and it was closer than I thought, so just walked back after the game. All in all it was a terrific experience! I wish I could've stay longer! My only complaint would be that I had to use a taxi a few times, but that could just be me, I prefer to abandon cars as much as possible when traveling. Book with confidence!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a balcony!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Thank You! You put a big ole smile on my face......plan another trip back soon!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 13, 2014

An older hotel, but renovated to that hip-but-not-too-much Kimpton vibe. Nice pool area, and the restaurant is what you'd expect. The lap of luxury this is not, but it doesn't hold itself out to be... it's a causal low-key hotel with a dash of style set in a great location. Fashion Square Mall is two blocks away, and Old Town is very walkable. This hotel is pet friendly -- VERY pet friendly -- to the point that if you aren't too fond of dogs (I've never seen so many at a hotel before) you feel like you're staying in a kennel. Be aware in case you have pet allergies and the fact that people with dogs have likely stayed in the room before you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Molliebclyde
We do like dogs, all Kimpton Hotels are pet friendly, but this does not mean that we don't care about those with pet allergies (I am one of those people) We take our cleaning procedures seriously and use certain building for pets to keep other buildings "pet free".
Thanks for the feedback and I am glad otherwise, you enjoyed your stay with us!
Chanhassen, MN
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Frankly, I expect more for $340 per night. We spent 5 nights at the Phoenician but they could not accomodate us for a 6th, so we spent our last night in Scottsdale at Fire Sky. What a disappointment. There is no comparison. You might say it's not fair to compare Fire Sky to the Phoenician, but Fire Sky invites the comparison with their pricing ($340 at Firesky compared to $399 at Phoenician). Fire Sky is a very average hotel at above average pricing. And be sure to note that Fire Sky is pet friendly. We love dogs, but being woken up by barking dogs at 7:00 a.m. when you're on vacation is not good. Also, the walls are paper thin so we could hear the TV and people talking in the next room. We will not return to Fire Sky.

1 Thank Mike S
I am sorry we disappointed you! The FireSky is a much smaller more initmate resort than the Phoenician for sure. March is a high demand month with Spring Training and Spring Weather.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Rooms were dark and so-so considering the price. Lots of noise from neighboring rooms. The room was crammed with things they were trying to sell you, including $5 water. There was a list of free things like toothpaste or a coffeemaker that you could phone down and request, but i would much rather they put the free stuff in the room and the for-sale stuff in the gift shop. Restaurant food was good. The pool area would have been nice except the machinery had a high loud squeal that you could even hear inside the rooms. Dogs were sitting on furniture in the common area. I would not go back.

Room Tip: The inside rooms are quieter because of the busy street, but the pool mechanism squeals loudly. All...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HolidayTraveller464
CherylMartin ., General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
I appreciate your feedback and very sorry that you will not come back. We stock our rooms with mini bar items for our guests convenience so you do not have to walk to a gift shop or local store for munchies and beverages. The "forgot it I got it" program has a quite an extensive list of complimentary travel items that we keep stocked as everyone doesn't always require those. Again, I am sorry to hear we frustrated you.