“Great spa day”

The Scott Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We did not stay overnight at this hotel, but instead enjoyed the Spa and pool. Originally, we planned to spend our spa day at The Phoenician, but they would not accommodate everyone in our group (I've already written a review). The Spa at the FireSky was very cute, tucked away in a little cottage on the property. Lots of holiday gift sets to purchase as well as products used in our service. I had a pedicure which was very nice. The technician was funny and attentive and did a great job on my toes, as well. They accommodated my daughter wonderfully with a polish change on both fingers and toes so that she could participate in our Ladies Day Out. After our services, they invited us to use the Resort's pool and have lunch, which we happily did and it was delicious. The pool area is lush with gardens and fruit trees- really just gorgeous and one of the pools has a zero entry sand entrance which is really a nice touch. Our waiter at lunch was super nice and hustled and bustled around that pool! He even took my phone and charger and plugged it inside at the bar for me. Would absolutely stay here in the future!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
CherylMartin ., General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Jurlique Spa is a special hidden gem and quite intimate where we create personalized treatments just for you. I am thrilled you enjoyed our pools and Taggia restaurant and would book a room next time. Thanks for the review!!

There are newer reviews for The Scott Resort & Spa

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This was my second visit to Firesky and I loved it even more than the first time! My husband and I were celebrating his birthday, a baby on the way and our wedding anniversary and staying at Firesky was the perfect way to celebrate. We had a great mix of relaxation in the sun, eating at great restaurants and shopping.

The rooms, pool area, guest service and food/drinks at the resort are all impeccable. We also were SO grateful for Kimpton going above and beyond by delivering champagne and treats to our room to celebrate the birthday/anniversary. We also loved riding the beach cruisers into Old Town and down the street to get frozen yogurt :). The complimentary shuttle is one of the best features of this resort, but what will keep us coming back is the personality- it's private but not too quiet and fun but not too wild.

Worth noting that we had spa services at The Sanctuary just so we could see another resort and spend the day at the spa/pool and I would personally not stay there. It was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop, almost uncomfortable to have a conversation with my husband! Also, we went to the W one evening for dinner at Sushi Roku and spent the evening at the pool bar area. Very fun but quite a scene. I enjoy visiting the W but would probably not stay there.

The only issue we had is that we were next door to a very rowdy bachelorette party the first night but the staff was overly accommodating and moved us to another room and were very apologetic about it. This could have happened at any resort- just luck of the draw- so I do not fault Firesky one bit.

Room Tip: Sign up for the Kimpton loyalty program- great perks as soon as you sign up! :)
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the heavenly review on Trip Advisor. Next time don't wait for a birthday to come back. We can create heaven any day of the week.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

Beautiful and welcoming hotel in Scottsdale. Great interior and exterior design as with all Kimptons we have stayed at. Great lobby to have a dink and people watch, very cool and relaxed atmosphere. Dog friendly so you also get to travel with your pooches or pet someone else's. Beautiful pool area, at night there are torches and fire pits and beautiful lighting so you can hang outside with a drink comfortably.
Front desk staff could not be more helpful, every restaurant they recommended turned out to be fantastic. Only one ding, the hallways by the rooms are heavily perfumed, not sure why but it smelled like Glade gone mad and it was a turn off when we first got there as if they were trying to cover up something that didnt smell good.
Over all just a great experience!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool/courtyard for nice view. Each room has a patio where you can chill o...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
CherylMartin ., General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Appreciate the great review! I promise we are not trying to cover up anything, we just had too many FireSky scent sticks in the hallways. I want it fresh and Kimpton, but not overbearing. Very sorry about that.
Happy New Year

Reviewed December 28, 2013

A great amount of effort has been made to make this a great experience -- the grounds are lovely, and all the employees are great. Regrettably, second hand smoke is a serious problem. Want to enjoy a drink or coffee next to one of the fire pits? Chances are, someone will sit down and light up. Worst of all is the entrance from the main hall to the courtyard -- there was a cloud of cigar and cigarette smoke, and I was sorry to see children and a pregnant woman have to walk through it.

Other than directly by the pools, smoking is allowed in every outdoor area on this property, and this policy seems to be attracting more smokers -- there were many more than on my visit a year ago.

In the interests of safety and health, this policy should be changed, perhaps allowing smoking in the parking lot only. If it is not, I will respectfully take my business elsewhere on annual visit to Scottsdale next year.

7  Thank Alex H

I hear what you are saying loud and clear. We are looking into changing some smoking policies in the very near future. I am sorry that it made for a bad experience as we do have a great property and a great staff. Obviously need to find that perfect balance.
I hope this doesn't prevent you from coming back.
Happy New Year,

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Celebrating my husband's 40th birthday we retreated to the beautifully well- appointed Fire Sky Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona for 4 days and 3 nights. We arrived early and our room was ready for us! This was great because we were looking forward to relaxing after a 4 hour flight. The room was very modern in design and cozy. Our room included a private patio with two adirondack chairs perfect for sipping coffee or a nice glass of wine. The pool area was absolutely gorgeous and included all of the elements of nature. Fire torches surrounding the pool, tranquil water falls and babbling brooks, and soft desert breezes fulfilling the air element. At night, the pool takes on a new life with lights in the trees, lit fire torches and the sounds of waterfalls that could easily resemble a scene from the movie Avatar. We had dinner in Taggia restaurant which is right on site. The food was impeccable! Our waiter "Will" was both knowledgable about every dish on the menu and very pleasant! He even brought out a complimentary dessert to help make my husband's b-day dinner extra special! The meal itself was both delicious and economical.We had two appetizers, two entrees, and two glasses of wine for $100.00! In D.C our hometown that meal could have easily ran us a minimum of $200. Our second day included a relaxing respite at the beautiful Jurlique spa which was out of this world. You must try the one hour couple's aromatherapy massage. It is heaven on earth! This vacation really spoiled us. Everyday we luxuriated in warm 70 degree temperatures in December non the less! Overall, this was just what we needed for a quick romantic getaway to celebrate my sweetie's 40th! You can't go wrong with Kimpton hotels to pay attention to details and to give you a quality experience you will always treasure!

Room Tip: You must stay in a patio room with a pool view!
1  Thank russwife

What a wonderful review! Thanks from the bottom of my heart! Wishing you the best New Year ever.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We loved everything about this hotel, but especially were drawn to the fire pits and sand around the pool. They offer s'more kits at the front desk to use at the fire pits. We ate at the restaurant for Thanksgiving and everything was delicious. We highly recommend this hotel for everyone. We hope to come back again next year.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Denise L
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We spent 3 restful days here for Christmas. I floated around the pool in the 70 degree sunshine and spent time reading on the cabana lounge. We ate at the Taggia Restaurant for the first time and were amazed at how wonderful the dinner was. Scallops to die for and a tasty steak for husband. The ahi appetizer was cooked just right, too.
Only one thing that I consistently have a problem with in my two visits was the "No Smoking" policy on the patio where the fire pit sits - just outside the bar. Two signs - one specific to cigars and one generic smoking sign - seemed to be a joke. For those of us who are disabled upon contact with these two smokes, our physical needs were ignored. We wanted to roast marshmallows but couldn't sit in that area. The other fire pit - where smokers should have gathered - was occupied - with smokers. If I was in a wheel chair, nobody would have treated me this way but smokers and bar managers just don't get it. To some it is a disability. Please try to enforce the no smoking policy (and laws).

2  Thank BedandBreakfastgal
CherylMartin ., General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

You are correct and I am committed to ensuring my staff adheres to the AZ smoking laws and our in house policies. Please accept my apology for that and know that I take this serious and and sorry that it was not enforced it during your stay.