“Great escape retreat”

The Scott Resort & Spa
Ranked #31 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Great layout, comforting stay. The hotel is very close to the all the activities and has a great layout. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. Great lobby with fireplace litup in the night. Lots of trails that can be done close by so it's a good place to relax and stay

• Stayed: November 2013
CherylMartin ., General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Great Escape....yes we are! Thanks for the review and for all of you reading this, we do have some amazing desert hiking trails within a half mile of the resort. The view from top of Camelback mountain is quite a site to see. Come back soon, the high is 72 and sunny!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed here for three nights during the Thanksgiving holiday. The hotel and grounds are very nice with fire pits, swimming pools, and many places to sit and enjoy the beautiful Fall weather in Scottsdale. Our room was clean and comfortable and we slept well each night. The hotel has a decent restaurant and one could be satisfied eating every meal at the hotel. Good bar service inside and out with friendly staff. The location is perfect for visiting Scottsdale, Old Town, and surrounding areas. We visited the Botanical gardens while we here and had a great time. The hotel provides free shuttle into town so you can go out and have a few drinks and not be concerned about driving.

Room Tip: Choose an interior room for a nice view of the pools and sitting areas.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
CherylMartin ., General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Thanks for the shout out on our restaurant Taggia! Chef Massimo's food stands above the rest and I am so happy to hear you loved it. My favorite, the salt cod fritters.......yum... Come back soon

Reviewed December 1, 2013

That pretty much says it all. Price is right. We'll go back. Area seems central to Scottsdale shopping. Nice service at front desk etc. The pool and Jacuzzi are open until midnight, which is very nice. Wi-Fi is free if you sign up with the Kimpton promotional thing. So seems like there's some strings attached there, and I wish that were not the case. Food at the restaurant seemed fine, although maybe a tad expensive for what it is. We stay toward the back of the hotel overlooking some apartment complex, so the view wasn't great, but it was quiet and no problems. Don't really have anything else to say but there's a 200 word limit so I guess I got to keep writing. Overall an A rating.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thanks for the review and joining our guest loyalty program, Kimpton InTouch. I promise that there are no strings attached, only benefits to include free wifi, $10 Raid the Bar amenity and first chance at incredible room rates before they reach the public. If you have any concerns, please let us know what they are. Again, thanks for your wonderful testimony.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The FireSky in Scottsdale is an outstanding resort. The grounds with the beautiful foliage and the creatively shaped pools have a tropical inspiration. Sitting outside having breakfast, you can even see hummingbirds flit across the flowering bushes.
The rooms are large and beautifully decorated. At night, the hotel shines with all its lights making it an ideal place to sit outside and enjoy the ambience.
However, it's the FireSky's staff that really sets this hotel apart from other hotels. They were helpful and friendly. They really gave meaning to the expression of making the guest feel at home.
If I were to return to Scottsdale, this hotel would definitely be my first choice.

Room Tip: I loved looking over the inner courtyard.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

What a beautiful review! Thank you for mentioning my amazing staff! They are all so special and make a positive difference every single day!
Happy Holidays,
Cheryl, GM

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I was here for a conference for a few days, so we spent a lot of time at the resort. For the most part this is a nice hotel, the staff is very friendly, the lobby is pretty and they have beautiful grounds. There are 2 pools, one with three waterfalls and another that has a beach. There are a few firepits, which were great to sit and relax by early in the morning or at night. They also have free wine tastings in the early evening. The rooms here are okay, I was on the first floor facing the parking area, the curtains in mine were a little beat-up, and my rain shower head sometimes had trouble staying up. I also found the rooms to be really dark, they could use another lamp. The hotel is within walking distance to the mall, restaurants and bars which was nice. They have a shuttle that will take you anywhere in a 3 mile radius. They will also call you a cab/town car to get to the airport at a $35 flat rate.

Room Tip: ask for second floor
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ChantalTravels
CherylMartin ., General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2013

Thanks for the review! I am so sorry about the showerhead, sounds like it is time for a replacement and I will be sure to get that done immediately. I welcome the feedback and hope you plan another trip back soon.

Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

First let me say I love Kimpton
hotels that is the ones I have stayed in, Seattle Boston New York so having said that Scottsdale was a disappointment. The room overlooked dumpsters in the high 300 block. The faucets were corroding, and tub drain rusting, mirror water stained. Hallway painted a awful cream color with pea green doors. I asked for an interior room on check-in and was told I could have one for an upgrade fee, this is how they treat a repeat guest for one night, come on if you have a loyal customer and vacancies for one night then just do it. The gas powered leaf blower starts at 9.00 just be warned. Breakfast is an after thought at 9.45am baked coffee and little service. I must say the shuttle guys are very friendly though. Come on Kimpton you can't put out this kind of produce in Scottsdale with stiff competition. By the way I could have booked through a third party and you would have paid a 25-30% commission so loyalty needs to count for something. Boston 90 is the standard so far!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Rhodesianridge

That was tough to read. Please accept my apology for your horrible stay with us! Yes, your loyalty does mean alot to us and it appears I have some retraining to do on the front desk. We should always upgrade when we have the availability for our Kimpton InTouch members Again, I am very sorry for your stay and I hope you come back and give us another chance. You are welcome to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

Beautifully landscaped oasis near Fashion Square mall and Old Town Scottsdale. Easy walk to both. Service was super; rooms comfy and quiet. Pool and garden area are inviting both day and night. Only negative, charge for wi-fi.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

I am happy to hear you had a great experience with us. For your next visit, please join our guest loyalty program, Kimpton InTouch and wifi is complementary.