“Not quite the Kimpton service”

The Scott Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Calgary, Canada
“Not quite the Kimpton service”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed her for 4 nights, during some beautiful weather. The pool is beautiful and there are so many places to sit and enjoy the shade or sun. Having water readily available is also a nice touch.
Wine hour is such a nice treat and the outdoor fire pit areas are perfect to enjoy the evenings and sunsets.
We always try to stay at a Kimpton when traveling to the USA as we enjoy the exceptional service we always receive. Unfortunately, this particular trip just didn't meet my expectations. I had stayed at this location several years ago and enjoyed it enough to come back with friends, but I'd say it is starting to feel a little worn down. The front desk staff were average...when I asked for a paper on day 2, I was asked if I was a loyalty member, which I replied yes, and was told to go online to fix my request myself by updating my profile. I never did receive a paper. The front door staff were ok...I requested a cab to be available at a certain time to only encounter more incivility.
These are really only minor problems that I am sure this hotel can resolve, and it didn't take away from my very relaxing trip. I was mostly embarrassed for the hotel, as I had told my friends what a great place it was and how amazing Kimptons are.
This hotel is in an excellent location, has bicycles for guest use (which is perfect) and the onsite restaurant is fantastic. I'd say we received the best service from the staff at the Taggia Restaurant.
The loyalty program I think is wasted on us, as we only stay at 1-2 Kimptons a year and never seem to get the additional perks that come with it.

Room Tip: Request a courtyard or pool view room.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank purplecat22
CherylMartin ., General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
I appreciate your feedback and I am sorry we did not meet your expectations! This is surprising and embarrassing to me, as my staff normally excels in customer service. I will be sure to look into what happened and conduct retraining where needed. Again, I hope you give us another chance, we would love to have you back! Again, my apology to you.
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed here with our 14 year old granddaughter and loved it. We had a relaxing time. There is a free shuttle to the mall which was great. The beds are comfy and the rooms clean. We will definitely be returning. Our granddaughter felt pampered here. Its smaller and more intimate than the larger more expensive resorts and we liked that better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the review. Great to hear that you and your granddaughter enjoyed the FireSky and our amenitities! Our boutique resort is quite special and I am happy that you felt our pampering! Our goal is to get you in the door once, then your memories take over and you plan a trip back to us.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We used this hotel for our wedding guests and it worked out great. The resort is ideally located two blocks north of Scottsdale Fashion Square, the Waterfront restaurants and the Old Town shops & restaurants. The hotel also has two complimentary SUVs that will take you anywhere within a three mile radius for just tips - which we utilized many times throughout the weekend. Our guests loved the swimming pools and especially the sandy beach pool. We would like to give a special shout out to Sarah Schmutz in sales and Ryan Nelly in reservations for being so great and helpful this year while we continually added rooms to our wedding block and guests made reservations etc. They are both so pleasant and easy to work with. Sarah went above and beyond for us and really helped make our wedding day extra perfect :) I also wanted to mention Jessica at the Front Desk because her huge smile and helpful nature was extremely appreciated. Thank you all!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Aleks B
I am so happy to hear that you and your guests had a blast celebrating such a special occasion with us! Jessica, Sarah and Ryan are all great people and I will be sure to recognize them in our staff meeting today! THEY make the difference! Come back and see us again!
regina. sk
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We booked our stay through expedia and were handed a room wheelchair accessible room overlooking a dumpster upon checkin. When we asked about moving they said we would have to pay more to move to the 500 block. We agreed but it was quite clear that we were second class guests during this stay. The hotel staff was friendly, the wine reception is nice and our new room is way better. The lobby is the nicest feature of the property. This is a tired resort that is showing it's 50 years of service. Might suggest the jw marriot if you are going to spend this type of money per night.

Room Tip: Stay out of anything in the 200 and 300 block of this property facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the review. My sincere apology if anyone made you feel like a second class guest. That is not my goal and we are normally so much better than how you felt. We will match online rates so next time, just give us a call at the resort and we can confirm what rates you are seeing and you can book direct with us so you know what type of room you are reserving. I appreciate your feedback.
Warm Regards,
Surrey, Canada
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This was our second trip this year. Had our Anniversary there this May, and took our friends for Birthday, and we had the best time. From booking our reservation with Ryan, to Gary the valet and meeting Cheryl (GM) while I was walking the grounds, everyone was fantastic. This is a very relaxing resort with impeccable attention to detail. The grounds are beautiful, and we loved sitting by the fire Pitts at the end of our night. Very close to shopping, old scottsdale and great restaurants, you will not be disappointed, you can't find a better place to stay, it has it all!
We. Will defiantly be back.

Thanks again everyone at the Firesky.

Room Tip: We like 2nd floor, anywhere with a court yard view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
clm037, General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
What can I say, but Thank You! Make sure you stop by and say hi on your next visit! Really appreciate the wonderful review!
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed there for 3 nights during the 2nd week of September 2013. Staff was very helpful and friendly including the very patient concierge. It has a unique internal design of the lobby, with the rooms buildings around the swimming pool. The room was nice and clean, close to the swimming pool and the lobby. The restaurant was excellent. The shuttle service was very helpful. Interesting diversity of guests, young couples, families, business men

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the nice swimming pool
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the review! I am happy to read that you had a "great experience". Plan another trip back soon, the weather is getting absolutely gorgeous while the rest of the country is preparing for winter. HIgh of 86 today.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I had been here once before for lunch and enjoyed the setting and the food was delicious. so when I was trying to find a place to take sister for a fun place to stay not too far from home, I thought of Firesky. Check in and out were effortless. We enjoyed the wine reception. The room was spacious and clean. Attention to detail was nice. My one concern was the fact that we missed breakfast in the morning. Apparently no food beween certain hours. Staff, however, have a free shuttle service into Scottsdale, so we went to a breakfast place recommended by the hotel staff. Hotel staff were gracious and helpful.The grounds were beautiul--walking through a well-tended park. We both enjoyed the spa. I am looking forward to my next visit here!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
clm037, General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thanks fellow Phoenician! Appreciate the nice review and so happy to hear you choose us for your Staycations! The weather is absolute PERFECTION right now! Sunny and 84!