“Fantastic Trip and Awesome Hotel!”

The Scott Resort & Spa
Ranked #28 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
El Paso, Texas
“Fantastic Trip and Awesome Hotel!”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We traveled from El Paso to spend the 4th of July weekend at the Firesky. This was our second trip there because we loved it so much the first time! On our second trip, it was even better than the first time. We even brought another family member along from Houston and she thought it was amazing too. The restaurant is excellent, the ambience is inviting, the manager, Cheryl Martin, is top notch. We will definitely be back again! The pool is just great. Lots of wonderful shade and quite comfortable in the morning, despite the heat! I highly recommend this hotel. It is just fabulous. The rooms are lovely.

1 Thank Steph M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Some family members and my husband and I spent sat sun mon at the resort. (We've been to Firesky many times and aways felt well treated). We booked 3 rooms and registration was able to get us all in the same building..very accomodating. The service was wonderful, the rooms were nice, the smores were fun for the kids.
Then, on monday morning, we woke up to jackhammers..they were resurfacing the pool. (I would have chosen a monday in July to do this task also...you are inconveniencing the least amount of people.) The problem we had was we were not told on check in that the job would begin on Monday. If we had known, my husband and I wouldn't have chosen to spend a quiet morning at the hotel before our 12.00 checkout instead of leaving early to shop with other family members.
When I called the front desk to ask what that noise was, I was told they were resurfacing the pool, and the noise would continue throughout the day. When I said I didn't know about it, she flatly said "everyone was told on check-in". I said we were not told, but I received no response except "everyone was told". Well, we were NOT told, or we wouldn't have chosen too stay at the hotel in the morning.
What SHOULD have happened is she should have said: "I'm so sorry you weren't told. Please, have breakfast on us." That would have been the end of it, and I wouldn't be writing this poor review.
We were made to feel like liers. It was the last thing we were expecting after the great service we had over the weekend. Frankly, very I'm disappointed.

2 Thank Linda T
clm037, General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Ouch! That was certainly not the response I ever want my guests to hear! You are absoloutely right and we should not have been defensive. The pool resurfacing has presented challenges to my team and we obviously were not sympathic and understanding! I do CARE and will fix this!
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed here for 6 days and 5 nights and we were extremely pleased with our stay!! We traveled with our kids and I have to say this is a great place for families!! They were VERY accommodating for our family. They had little gift bags for the kids and the zero entry pool was just perfect for them. The service was outstanding everywhere there! The rooms were very comfortable and couldn't have been better. The pool area was great too! They have fire pits and provide everything for s'mores which the kids loved. Location was excellent as well, close to many things. We will definitely return there for a family vacation!!

Room Tip: If you can afford to spend a little more, I would recommend getting a room that faces inward towards...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the VERY nice review! I am thrilled to hear you had a great family vacation! Enjoy your summer and come back soon!
Pasadena, California
Reviewed July 8, 2013

FireSky is a cozy resort with the best service I've ever experienced. Whatever you need, there arrive in minutes and the shuttle will take you to restaurants and shopping. The morning coffee, tea and ice coffee as well as the evening wine and sangria just adds to the ease of your trip.
The food at the pool is delicious, very reasonably priced and served to you at your lounge chair.
My only suggestion to management is to add umbrellas to the pool area for those of us who can't be in the sun. It is an older property so there is some noise in the pipes when the rooms near you use their water.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
clm037, General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
How wonderful of you to share your experience! Thanks for the suggestion for additional umbrellas. I will be sure to go shopping! Thanks again
phoenix
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our room was clean and updated from last year. Not to say our room was not nice last year. What we love about the property is the lush foliage of older trees. This produces a great deal of shade in the Az. sun. The grounds were immaculate and wait staff at the pool area were efficient. The pool area by the man made beach could use a little work on the absent tiles. We were not impressed with their restaurant. But, we were only 3 blocks away from Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall and all it's dining options. Relaxing and pleasant stay as always.

Room Tip: Ask for buildings 2, 3, or 4 facing the pool/garden area.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed July 6, 2013

nicest people taking care of you - valet/bell, concierge, front desk, manager, restaurant hostess and wait staff, and let's not forget the darling bartenders - it was pure joy to encounter such happy and attentive service!

excellent location, couldn't be better.

my room was fabulous overlooking the pool, and the bed was really comfortable. I felt like I was in paradise, and wanted to stay forever.

I ate twice in the restaurant - delicious.

loved the complimentary wine soiree in the afternoon, and wonderful coffee choices offered in the morning.

soo pretty and spectacularly friendly staff. i'll be back in next week!

LOVE firesky - can't recommend it highly enough!

Room Tip: pool views!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 6, 2013

This is a wonderful place! We have stayed here several times for special events and they never disappoint us. The service is unbeatable, the rooms are very comfortable and the grounds are gorgeous. They provided everything we could ask for and then more. The pools provided a great escape from the heat and lots of fun, too. A great place for families and couples to enjoy a getaway. Do join the wine tasting event in the living room, also. A special weekend for my birthday!

Room Tip: Poolside rooms are extra nice!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
clm037, General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Happy late Birthday! Thank you for celebrating with us and I am happy to hear you enjoyed the manager hosted wine hour we provide nightly to all of our guests! I also feel it is a special amenity that everyone must stop by for!