“Great service, quality property”

The Scott Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our family stayed here over Father's Day weekend with my wife and two kids(6 &3). The property was great for families, the staff was friendly and attentive, and the room was nice. The general manager greeted us, and remembered our family during the stay. I would definitely recommend FireSky to anyone. They do the "little" things to make you feel valued like free coffee in the lobby, free smores by the fire at night, and even brought around some complimentary sliders by the pool!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
clm037, General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Thank you for the wonderful review. That made me smile. Come back soon!
GM

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Rarely does a destination work on all levels. FireSky does. The lobby is a beaufifully designed atrium that is both large and calming. A strange combo but it works and sets the tone. The pool area is in a multipurpose setting. There is a children's swim area w/ sand beach, an adult swim area. An area for exercise classes plus plenty of space for chillin. The rooms are well appointed. The staff friendly and accommodating. Restaurant food is of superior quality and in preparation they pay attention to detail. Yes it may cost you a few more dollars but the stay is well worth the price.

Room Tip: A first floor room facing the pool is wonderful.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Taggia is amazing, isn't it? Chef Massimo creates food that everyone should know about. Thanks for telling Trip Advisor about your stay, I really appreciate it.
GM

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I searched quite a few resorts in Scottsdale on the Web and chose this one because of the reviews, price and proximity to Fashion Square (a favorite hangout, especially in this hot weather.) We stayed Thursday-Saturday morning. From the moment I arrived and was greeted in a friendly but professional manner by the parking attendant I felt that I had made a good choice. I was meeting an old school friend who had arrived before me. No problem for the front desk--they handled our check-ins terrifically. My friend was already in the room, relaxing on the comfortable patio. I was a bit worried that our room faced the parking lot on the ground floor but there is a privacy wall and hedges that made the patio feel very pleasant, even in the 110º+ heat. The room was very comfortable. There isn't much room in the fridge as they have crammed it with overpriced beverages which made storing our own water to keep it cool difficult. And $5 for the "welcome" bottle of water seems outrageous; many hotels in Arizona offer free water or at least more water receptacles around the hotel. Still, we had come prepared with our own water and we weren't actually at the resort a lot. Next time I will bring my own cooler.
Like another reviewer I thought that one pool was salt but apparently it isn't. Just has a LOT of chlorine or something in it. We didn't use the pool much to swim but enjoyed sitting out there in the evenings. Although there were a lot of people it didn't seem too crowded but, again, we weren't at the resort during the day and by evening it just felt like a nice resort-type atmosphere. And it was blessedly quiet when we wanted to go to sleep at 11. The location is terrific, literally 8 minutes to Fashion Square where you can park your car in covered parking (a must in this weather) and get a free trolley around Old Scottsdale. There was also a shuttle service from the hotel but we didn't need it. All of the staff were very friendly and helpful. We ate out all of the time so can't comment on the restaurant. Definitely will come back though!

Room Tip: Ask for foam pillows if you don't like soft pillows. There are loads of pillows on the bed but t...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank SFNM28
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I chose the Firesky after an extensive search through TripAdvisor for resort hotels in the area. Rated 4.5 out of 5, you can't go wrong, right?

Well, we arrived last Wednesday night and check-in was pretty smooth. When asked for a room upgrade (this only gives you a nicer outside view - parking lot vs nice courtyard) I declined and just asked for a convenient location. We were given room 223 - ground floor room in the back of the property by the parking lot.

So the truth is that the 4 star rating pretty much applies to the public grounds of the property - the pool area, courtyard and concierge/restaurant area. The rooms themselves are 2.5 star - dated and musty smell, no frills. The A/C exhaust is on the loud side but helped drown out the noise from adjacent rooms and hallway, including the barking dogs next door.

As we were in town visiting family & friends, we didn't stay on the property much. The reason I had to rate this 'resort' down to 2 stars is because of the unexpected "visitor" that decided to crawl in the door as soon as we opened it to fill the ice bucket. Yes, my worst fear came true. The resort does have a roach issue like a previous reviewer mentioned.

I contacted the front desk right away and after hearing my complaint, was placed on hold while they decided what to do. I was eventually offered a room upgrade and a $25 food/beverage credit. I suppose the resort tried to be courteous, but I really wanted to know if they were addressing the issue and getting the proper extermination treatments. Even though we moved rooms, I was really hoping for someone to follow up with us but unfortunately that didn't happen.

Overall, disappointing experience but glad other reviewers didn't have our bad luck. I hope the resort does clean up and get rid of their pest issues.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank lynus22

I want to assure you that we take "unwanted pests" seriously and have a maintenance program in place to control the outside coming in. Our lush landscape requires careful attention and please know that I care about your concerns. None of us want bugs and we do our absolute best to keep them out. I hope you will accept my apology.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Our family recently stayed for a few nights as a birthday getaway and really enjoyed our stay- the staff are incredibly friendly and accommodating and the pool area and lobby are both places that are very inviting and comfortable to hang out- especially for the free coffee in the morning and the free wine and sangria in the evening! We have had stay cations in several other Scottsdale resorts (Westin, JW Marriott, Montelucia) and found this resort to have a much friendlier, boutique feel than the others. It is fun to be able to bring our dog as well- the dog friendly room we stayed in was very clean and no evidence of previous dogs!

As a Kimpton member we got a nice discount for my bday and several nice surprises for my bday as well as the free wifi and mini bar $10 that all members get. We have stayed at other Kimpton hotels and they are quickly becoming our favorite for the extras and the smaller friendly resort feel.

The buildings themselves here are obviously an older build, but they have updated the rooms nicely and the pool and lagoon area are fantastic. Queen beds were comfy. Plenty of counter space in the sink/vanity area. Only gripe was the rooms are not very soundproof- we could hear people in the hallway as well as traffic through the sliding glass door quite often. Ask for a room away from Scottsdale rd. and I imagine it would be quieter. Also, be careful where you park as some trees house lots of birds.

Despite these minor issues I still give it 5 stars for the staff , extras, atmosphere, and cleanliness- would recommend it to family and friends!

Room Tip: Try to be further back away from Scottsdale Rd. to avoid traffic noise
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Searched many places to stay in Scottsdale and after reading all the reviews decided on Firesky...based on both the price and reviews. We stayed a Weds-Sunday and it gets a bit more busy on the weekend...most of the pool chairs were taken in the afternoon on Saturday. The resort is very close to shopping and tons of food. The room was nice enough for us, super comfy bed, courtyard view, decent shower. Drink prices were kind of high, especially paying $4 for a can of coke and having them fill a cup with ice, open the can pour about half out and not giving me the whole can. We got smores about every night we were there, not a lot of people knew about this and were super excited when they saw them. The two pools work out well, majority of the young kids stay over at the sandy pool. The resort is deceiving from the outside because once you walk it doesn't feel like you are on the main road. We talked multiple times about coming back with our kids. Would recommend to anyone with or without kids.

Room Tip: Get a courtyard or pool view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed here for a couple of days just for a "staycaton". With 2 kids--one teenager and a 6-month old baby--the swimming pool was perfect. We spent most of our time in the 3-foot wading pool with the little sand beach. It's an older property but with a recent renovation, the room was up-to-date with flat screen TV and a well-appointed bath. The lobby is gorgeousl

Taggia's is the hotel restaurant featuring Italian cuisine. A tad pricey but OK for a hotel restaurant. Very tasty pizzas.

The staff was very friendly. They provided a play crib for the baby at no-charge and free shuttle to a local restaurant, although we used our own car.

The courtyard atmosphere gives one the feeling of being really in different world.

A very pet-frendly place, although we opted to leave the dog at home.

Free wi-fi if you join the Kimpton Hotel program.

Room Tip: Of course the balconied rooms facing the pool would be preferred, but we stayed in a patio (lower le...