“Very nice”

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Diego, California
“Very nice”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Returned for our sixth visit to his hotel and had a very nice time. We had meals in the restaurant, which were great, and the staff as always, were very accommodating. I will be returning again soon. Love the central location to all the shops, offices and recreational facilities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor. The hotel is old and the ground floor rooms can be very noisy w...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CherylMartin ., General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you.....Looking forward to #7!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (528)
Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stayed two nights for business. Very nice feel to the common areas; pool, fire pits, foyer/entrance, etc. Rooms were pretty good, but sleeping was a bit tough as there were many guest vacationing and up until all hours of the night, especially the room next to mine. Service was very good; everyone was friendly, and seem to make an extra effort whenever there was a need. I did get a great price for the room, but in hindsight, if I paid full price in-season, I might search around before taking the plunge, (the very hip W is not far away) but I would stay again however if the price was right.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review! Sorry to hear your neighbors were a little carried away. One person's idea of a good time doesn't always align with everyone else's. If this happens again please let us know and we'll quiet things down quickly. It sounds like outside of this little issue, the remainder of your stay was a complete success. I hope we have the chance to see you again soon!
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights at this property at the end of our honeymoon.

Impressive lobby and quick, efficient check in. As we were on honeymoon, they also left us a couple of Sprinkles Red Velvet cupcakes and bottle of sparkling wine in the room, as well as decoarating this with rose petals which was a very nice touch.

Location is also good, close to the shopping areas, and even within walking distance of downtown.

The first problem that I had was no lifts and no one there to help me with my heavy suitcase.

The pool area was nice, split into different areas. However, people reserve the loungers very early, and despite there being signs warning guests that this is not allowed and towels will be removed after 1 hour of not being there, this is not the case. The cushions on the sun loungers were comfortable, but very tired and dirty looking.

Very nice, comfortable, very large room. No bath tub, but a great shower. We were told that we were in a deluxe room with a view but I don't know what the view was referring to, as we could just see the building opposite which houses the lobby area. This was not a problem though.

Wine hour is a very nice touch, and one of the reasons that we chose this hotel.

Restaurant served good food. We had a problem with one of our dishes, but as this was sorted straightaway and taken off our bill (did not expect it) there is no point in me going into it, except to say that the service was very good.

Day time service by the pool left a lot to be desired.

Breakfast that was included was very minimalist, but good, fresh juices.

The best thing about the hotel was the Roaring Fork restaurant situated just across the road!

Would I return... Probably not. If I was in Scottsdale again, it didn't do enough for me to make me want to return, I would probably try somewhere new.

Room Tip: If you have heavy bags or cannot manage stairs, ask for a ground floor room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
CherylMartin ., General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thanks for posting the review and congratulations or your marriage! I'm sorry we didn't completely knock your socks off during your stay with us, although it sounds like many things were a complete success. I want you to know we take our guest's feedback very seriously and you can rest assured we'll get right to work on those areas where you felt we were a little lacking. Thanks again for the review!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed May 4, 2013

FireSky is a well maintained and mostly well run resort-type hotel that is also pet friendly. We brought our dog and learned that he barked most of the time we were out of the room. The Concierge did a great job finding us a place nearby with a doggy daycare and in the evenings the front desk offered to let our dog hang out behind the desk with them while we grabbed dinner.
The rooms were very clean and nice and the pool area was fun for the kids. I even went to their spa and had a great massage. The only knock on this place is the restaurant and food. Very limited menu and only mediocre food. If you are relying on this one restaurant to be your only food source you will start to feel trapped. They really need to expand and upgrade breakfast, lunch and dinner options. Also, the kitchen and wait staff seemed disorganized and frazzled most of the time. We would probably seek out other resorts if we ever return to Scottsdale.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
CherylMartin ., General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
I'm so sorry to hear you didn't have an amazing experience in our restaurant. We've really had some great successes of late and our Executive Chef is truly a wizard in the kitchen. There is a great diversity of wonderful restaurants, shops and attractions nearby in Old Town Scottsdale. I'm certain we can help you find an establishment that more closely delivers to your desires. I'm happy to hear that the remainder of your experience at the FireSky was a positive one. I truly hope you'll come back and give us another try.
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Close to shopping, and a great value. The rooms have a secluded bungalow type feel, and have mini fridges. The room and bathroom were also a good size. The pools (one salt water one regular) were very nice and it also has a HUGE Jacuzzi. Free wine tasting at 6pm as well. The lobby is quirky but upscale and the staff was helpful. The hotel was also pet friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the nice review, but I need to make one slight correction. Neither of our pools is a saltwater pool. Sorry for any confusion! Please come see us again soon.
Portland, ME
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We found this place close to the shopping and dining areas in Scottsdale. It's a little oasis, walking distance to town. The rooms were very clean and modern. The pool area had a very tropical feel that was perfect for relaxation. Stayed here two nights, once on a Friday and then the following Monday, before we flew home. We didn't have a reservation, showed up on a very busy day and they accommodated us with a very nice room. I would definitely go back here and recommend to friends!

Room Tip: If you want to be close to shopping and the restaurants in Old Town Scottsdale, this is the place to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
CherylMartin ., General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed your experience....please come see us again!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our family had reservations at another hotel in Phoenix at the end of March and upon checking in...we quickly realized the hotel we had chosen was not for us. Luckily we were able to get out of our reservation and I looked at a "last minute hotel" website and discovered FireSky. I quickly called and was informed that they had one room left which was a huge relief because it was spring break and most hotels were full in Scottsdale. The person I spoke with was so kind and accommodating. He asked my children's age and gender because there would be special things waiting in the room for them. We arrived just in time to catch the tail end of the wine reception which the host every night from 5-6) in the lobby. We quickly each got a glass of wine and enjoyed the little oasis that surrounded us. When we got to our room there was a bucket of beers, snacks, cheetah robes for our kids and a pet goldfish! That night our 11-year-old son went to the front desk to ask to reserve a cabana for our anniversary the following day. The front desk was so kind to him but told him that they don't reserve cabanas at FireSky, that they are on a first come, first served basis. That evening, we enjoyed s'mores at the fire pit. FireSide provided little s'more baggies with everything one would need to make the treat. That was a great little perk! We enjoyed a wonderful day by the pool just relaxing and my husband and I also visited the fitness room which was small but had everything we would have wanted as far as fitness equipment. After housekeeping had cleaned the room, we discovered a little basket of chocolate eggs on our bed (it was right around Easter time). It seemed like every time we turned around, we were being given something! That afternoon around 4:00, there was a knock on our door and someone appeared with a bottle of champagne, beautiful chocolate covered strawberries and a hand written note from the front desk apologizing that they couldn't accommodate our son's request for a cabana but wishing us a happy anniversary on his behalf. The note was riddled with compliments about our son and how thoughtful it was of him to think of us! It was then that my husband and I decided that we will ALWAYS look for a Kimpton resort when we travel. We feel so lucky that we stumbled upon this little oasis in the desert. My husband and I plan to return for a warm weekend next February to escape our Minnesota winter. We have traveled extensively both in the United States and abroad and my husband and I both agreed that FireSky was by far THE BEST resort we have ever experienced. The staff truly does care about their visitors and like I said earlier...I will always look to book at a Kimpton resort wherever our travels take us!! Thank you, FireSky for an amazing few days! I forget to mention that the location is awesome and that there is a driver on staff just waiting to take you to many restaurants/shopping (within a three mile radius) with just a phone call. I truly can not say one bad thing about this resort!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the fabulous story! We were all SO impressed with your son. I'm certain he has a brilliant future in the hospitality world.... When he's ready to start looking for a job please send him back our way! I'm happy we were able to help out, and even more pleased that we were part of such a pleasant memory. Looking forward to seeing you again soon....