“Trendy, Clean & Relaxing...”

The Scott Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Portland, ME
“Trendy, Clean & Relaxing...”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We found this place close to the shopping and dining areas in Scottsdale. It's a little oasis, walking distance to town. The rooms were very clean and modern. The pool area had a very tropical feel that was perfect for relaxation. Stayed here two nights, once on a Friday and then the following Monday, before we flew home. We didn't have a reservation, showed up on a very busy day and they accommodated us with a very nice room. I would definitely go back here and recommend to friends!

Room Tip: If you want to be close to shopping and the restaurants in Old Town Scottsdale, this is the place to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
CherylMartin ., General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed your experience....please come see us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Our family had reservations at another hotel in Phoenix at the end of March and upon checking in...we quickly realized the hotel we had chosen was not for us. Luckily we were able to get out of our reservation and I looked at a "last minute hotel" website and discovered FireSky. I quickly called and was informed that they had one room left which was a huge relief because it was spring break and most hotels were full in Scottsdale. The person I spoke with was so kind and accommodating. He asked my children's age and gender because there would be special things waiting in the room for them. We arrived just in time to catch the tail end of the wine reception which the host every night from 5-6) in the lobby. We quickly each got a glass of wine and enjoyed the little oasis that surrounded us. When we got to our room there was a bucket of beers, snacks, cheetah robes for our kids and a pet goldfish! That night our 11-year-old son went to the front desk to ask to reserve a cabana for our anniversary the following day. The front desk was so kind to him but told him that they don't reserve cabanas at FireSky, that they are on a first come, first served basis. That evening, we enjoyed s'mores at the fire pit. FireSide provided little s'more baggies with everything one would need to make the treat. That was a great little perk! We enjoyed a wonderful day by the pool just relaxing and my husband and I also visited the fitness room which was small but had everything we would have wanted as far as fitness equipment. After housekeeping had cleaned the room, we discovered a little basket of chocolate eggs on our bed (it was right around Easter time). It seemed like every time we turned around, we were being given something! That afternoon around 4:00, there was a knock on our door and someone appeared with a bottle of champagne, beautiful chocolate covered strawberries and a hand written note from the front desk apologizing that they couldn't accommodate our son's request for a cabana but wishing us a happy anniversary on his behalf. The note was riddled with compliments about our son and how thoughtful it was of him to think of us! It was then that my husband and I decided that we will ALWAYS look for a Kimpton resort when we travel. We feel so lucky that we stumbled upon this little oasis in the desert. My husband and I plan to return for a warm weekend next February to escape our Minnesota winter. We have traveled extensively both in the United States and abroad and my husband and I both agreed that FireSky was by far THE BEST resort we have ever experienced. The staff truly does care about their visitors and like I said earlier...I will always look to book at a Kimpton resort wherever our travels take us!! Thank you, FireSky for an amazing few days! I forget to mention that the location is awesome and that there is a driver on staff just waiting to take you to many restaurants/shopping (within a three mile radius) with just a phone call. I truly can not say one bad thing about this resort!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the fabulous story! We were all SO impressed with your son. I'm certain he has a brilliant future in the hospitality world.... When he's ready to start looking for a job please send him back our way! I'm happy we were able to help out, and even more pleased that we were part of such a pleasant memory. Looking forward to seeing you again soon....
Reviewed April 26, 2013

From March 26 through March 31, 2013, we stayed at the FireSky in Scottsdale, AZ. Overall, we had a great stay and found the resort to be a good value. The hotel was beautiful, food outstanding and the grounds very well kept. The staff was uniformly excellent.

One exceptionally outstanding exception was a valet named Gary. Gary was working the shuttle service and I unknowingly gave him a $100 bill as part of a tip. Without any hesitation, Gary noticed my mistake and politely called it to my attention. But for his action, I probably wouldn't have noticed what I had done until much later. I greatly appreciate his integrity and good character.

Room Tip: Opt for a lagoon view room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Gary is a ROCK STAR! He probably didn't share with you that he was the Kimpton-Wide winner of the Ultimate Kimpton Moment contest last year - our equivalent of Employee of the Year. Thanks for the great story! We are blessed to have him on our team.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I took my mom here for a 7 day getaway. She's a hard working teacher and deserved a little R&R. =)

This hotel is a little oasis and I'm stoked to go back.

I bring my little yorkie/bichon mix when I travel and he is always treated so nice at any Kimpton hotel. He was a little super star the whole week and loves all the attention. Treats, bowls, and a bed are always in the room when i stay at a Kimpton hotel...one of the many perks.

We were given a 2nd floor corner room as requested. It was peaceful and away from the pool which could get a little noisy at times.

There are actually 2 pools. Both surrounded with the prettiest landscaping...full of lush trees and flowers all around. It felt very tropical, which was great. Also, the poolside bar menu and food menu is very good, along with many healthy options and everyone was very attentive to our needs. You can tell the Kimpton employees really love being a Kimpton employee.

There was a free shuttle service (high end Suburban--not shuttle) that will drive and pick you up anywhere in downtown Scottsdale. You just need to make sure to book a couple hours ahead of time if its a busy weekend. Make sure to tip the guys too. We always gave a few bucks each trip. They give you their card and all you need to do is call them about 15 minutes ahead of time when you are done from your shopping trip, eating, etc.

The happy hours are always so much fun. They host a free happy hour in the lobby from 5-6pm and also had snacks out to enjoy.

When you are a Kimpton member, you are also allowed 2 items free up to $14.00 at the mini bar in your hotel room. Fun perk!

I'm always so happy with the Kimpton decor. It's very boutiquey with a great style twist.

I had a facial at the spa and it was probably one of the best facials I received. The spa manager was so friendly and he gave me 20% off my service and the lotions I ordered from him. Amazing.

Don't forget to order your FREE S'More pack so you can have a yummy dessert by the fire pits outdoors! We did this almost every night and it was a blast.

I'll be back soon. Thanks again FireSky!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Sounds like you and Mom had a super fabulous time! I wanted to let you in on a little secret :) The FireSky (and all Kimpton Hotels I believe) offer a special rate for teachers during the summer because they most certainly do deserve a little R&R. If you're staying during the summer and have the proper teacher credentials, be sure to ask for the "Timeout for Teachers" discount.....it's really a GREAT! deal.

Thanks again for the nice review...so happy you had a great time.
Boulder, Colo.
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed at the Firesky Resort recently for a conference. How I wish I had been there on a relaxing fun weekend because the resort is truly a lovely oasis. If you want a great long weekend getaway where you want to relax by the pool, have wine in a lovely lobby, eat smores by the firepit at night and be near great restaurants in Scottsdale, this is a good spot. The rooms are very spacious. The pool area is really lovely with great lounge chairs, nice waterfalls, etc. They have several town bikes that you can enjoy.

I would highly encourage folks who have small conferences to use this facility. It's easy to get around. You aren't hiking 10 miles from room to room then back to your hotel room. It's a very convenient space.

I had minor service issues (forgot to clean my room which I'm sure they would have done had I called; minor-errors on my bill which they took care of easily) but no biggie.

Room Tip: If you can ask for a pool side room or at least an interior one so you don't have to look at a p...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank DD-Colorado
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed here in March for a family wedding. From the beginning there was trouble. The banquet people "promised" several things to the bride and groom that weren't in the contract, so they never happened. They messed up the reservations for at least six different rooms that I know of, but there were probably more. No one ever did anything about it, or apologized.
The hotel is an old "motel" that now has the hallways enclosed by doors at the end. The bathrooms have been updated, but the doors are hard to close. They do have a wine hour in the afternoon for free wine, but who wants to hang out at their hotel while on vacation?
The wedding itself went fine, but the food was only mediocre and there was really only one helpful waiter. The DJ was very good, and did exactly what the bride and groom asked them to do.

1 Thank GigEm98
Oh no! I am SO sorry we let you down. Of course our goal here at the FireSky is to provide wildly positive experiences to all our guests, and we are concerned and disappointed when we aren't able to reach this goal. Rest assured that your experience is certainly the exception and not the norm. The good news is that we learn from our mistakes. Thank you for sharing your story and again, please accept my most sincere apologies!
Reviewed April 16, 2013

After having stayed several years ago at Kimpton's 70 Park Ave in NYC, I now seek out Kimptons whenever I travel, most recently in Portland, NYC and Scottsdale.

Scottsdale's FireSky Resort & Spa couldn't have been nicer. Calling last minute seeking warm sunshine, we were lucky to get a reservation. Jeanette was terrific, helping us on the phone as my friend and I figured out our trip to Scottsdale. Upon arrival, Clayton went out of his way to be sure we were comfortable. And that was just the beginning. Our room (complete with a pool side view) was lovely - ample space and very comfortable beds. The lunches we had poolside were perfect. Well flavored chicken caesars with a beer - what could be better -- as were the continental breakfasts and of course Kimpton's signature wine hour. The FireSky Resort & Spa is very --- and I mean very--- well located, a short walk to shopping and great restaurants, or if you'd rather, the complimentary shuttle is available for drop off and pick up. The pool was lovely, the staff couldn't have been better, whether poolside, front desk, bar, shuttle service -- you guessed it, I will continue to seek out Kimpton Hotels when I travel.

And I would highly recommend the FireSky Resort & Spa in Scottsdale!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends