“Great Location!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Great Location!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Easy walking distance to the mall and downtown Scottsdale area where all the restaurants and bars are. Of course, I wouldn't want to do that walk in the summer because you'd melt in about 10 feet... but in the Spring it's quite nice.

They offer a shuttle within like 3 miles of the property but ask how long the wait is... and on busy weekends I recommend making a reservation or planning on a little bit of a wait.

Great Service and Ambiance!
Free wine from 5p-6p... and it was pretty good wine too. Not 2 buck chuck.

The lobby bar was really nice and inviting. Cushy sofa chairs with stone and dark wood fixtures. The bartenders were helpful and attentive. The one bartender even went so far as to go get us more free wine.

The area between the lobby bar and the pool was a covered outdoor patio complete with fire pit. At least it looked like a fire pit, but I didn't see a fire in it at night. This was a nice place to relax if you didn't want to sit indoors and you didn't want to sit out in the sun.

It is a little on the pricey side... so it's not a cheap place to stay. I think our room was $400/nt... of course we were there on a weekend during Spring Training so I'm sure that had something to do with it.

The accommodations, grounds, and rooms are all very nice and well kept.

Don't let the odd colored hallways in the hotel building discourage you. The rooms inside are really nice and well-appointed with comfy beds and bathrooms where the shower/toilet is a separate are from the sink area. Oh! And they even provide 2 super soft, plush animal print robes. I was tempted to buy one but I have like 3 robes at home and I couldn't justify buying another one.

Our room was on the first floor and had its own little patio area so you could sit outside in what was like a little xeriscape oasis (except for the loud laughing and what not coming from the pool area a short distance away).

The pool area is really nice with loungers and day beds and cabanas and a little bar area. There are 2 pools (smallish by Vegas standards) and 1 Jacuzzi. The husband and I were able to cool off in a little section of the pool which was tucked on the other side of a little walking bridge so it was a bit quieter and away from the splashing kids.

The Bad:
The walls are super thin so you hear everything around you.
The ceiling is super thin so you hear everything above you.
To walk to your room from the lobby you must go through the pool area which I found odd... or you could walk all the way around the perimeter (of the property not the pool) to get to an outer entrance to your building if you didn't want to go through the pool area. Either way... found it odd that there wasn't an easy way around the pool.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
Burlington, VT
Reviewed March 22, 2013

We only stayed 1 night. It was a first stop after flying into Phoenix. We had a large room with a very nice balcony overlooking the pools. Our room was off to one side so we didn't have any pool noise. The lobby had attractive seating areas and also a wine reception. If we weren't so tired we would have used the pool area or tried the restaurant. The hotel seemed nice and I was sorry that we didn't book 2 nights there before moving on.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We picked the FireSky because our first choice Resort was full -- and frankly the FireSky will stay as a good second choice for us. Yes, the service, the lobby, the free pre dinner glass of wine -- all good. But the rooms were pretty spartan, the restaurant had service gaps, the pool in the middle would have been good for a hotel, but does this place meet the threshold to legitimately call itself a resort?

• Stayed March 2013
clm037, General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thanks for the review! Glad you enjoyed Manager hosted wine hour, it is always fun to relax with free wine! Hope you come back soon!
Marion,IA
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We visited Scottsdale for a family vacation in March. We found the property to be very old and dated. The pool area was primarily shaded and the few spots in the sun were taken early. The rooms were small with very little space for a family of 4. We indicated to the front desk that the plumbing in our room had a constant drip all night. Even though the location was great and within close proximity to Old Scottsdale my family ended wanting to switch to a different resort after one day here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry you did not enjoy the resort! The FireSky is 51 years old but we all certainly try our best to keep it clean, updated and beautiful! We do have suites available if your family of 4 needs more room, I think that would give you the extra space to relax.
Pinedale, Wyoming
Reviewed March 14, 2013

At least once a year, we travel to Scottsdale on business. And as have already experienced many of the very fine choices in Scottsdale, this trip, we took a chance at booked at the Fire Sky.

While the property itself is pretty dated and the rooms are old, we felt it was still an excellent experience. The fountains around the pool are quite tranquil and very relaxing in the evening. The complimentary wine service during happy hour was also a very nice touch.

Around 3:00 PM I found myself hungry and wandered into the outdoor seating by the pool. I was quickly greeted not by some snooty wait person like we get in Jackson Hole, but by a real sincere person I believe was named Leonard. He had suggested and arugula salad which has some organic mixed greens, house smoked goat cheese. I had ordered it with shrimp and truffel-honey vinaigrette dressing which is does not come with. To say it was the MOST AMAZING Top 5 salads ever on the planet was an understatement. I even ordered it again 2 nights later as I was up late with a proposal.

Service and hospitality was outstanding even though the property was a little……..”experienced”.

They also provide a courtesy shuttle that will take for any errands, the ball park or pick you up when you get “plowed” at your favorite party spots.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alfontzwyo
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Got there just in time for happy hour, wine and snacks. Great service, pools were beautiful and rooms were very cozy and antique-ish. Wish we could have spent more time at the Fire Sky. We will definately be back. Loved the decor as well!

Kelli

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel is expensive, loud, and the service was terrible. The staff seemed overwhelmed and behaved rudely. I was surprised after reading the other reviews. I was attending a conference and this was the preferred hotel. I was able to change hotels than goodness! I would not stay here again and would not recommend this hotel. Many others at the conference were surprised at the attitude of the staff also.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank margaret b
clm037, General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
I am so sorry that you feel we provided poor customer service. I am not used to hearing that and pride myself on having a great team that genuinely cares and consistently provides friendly service that our guests rave about. If you care to share any specific details, I welcome all feedback, the good and the not so good! I am truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay, I want my guests happy and feel value for the hard earned money spent with us!