“Fire Sky”

The Scott Resort & Spa
Ranked #31 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Got there just in time for happy hour, wine and snacks. Great service, pools were beautiful and rooms were very cozy and antique-ish. Wish we could have spent more time at the Fire Sky. We will definately be back. Loved the decor as well!

Kelli

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hotel is expensive, loud, and the service was terrible. The staff seemed overwhelmed and behaved rudely. I was surprised after reading the other reviews. I was attending a conference and this was the preferred hotel. I was able to change hotels than goodness! I would not stay here again and would not recommend this hotel. Many others at the conference were surprised at the attitude of the staff also.

1  Thank margaret b
clm037, General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

I am so sorry that you feel we provided poor customer service. I am not used to hearing that and pride myself on having a great team that genuinely cares and consistently provides friendly service that our guests rave about. If you care to share any specific details, I welcome all feedback, the good and the not so good! I am truly sorry you did not enjoy your stay, I want my guests happy and feel value for the hard earned money spent with us!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Just came back from a stay here in Feb.
Lobby and pools are very nice. The pools are set up with lots of sitting space, and we're heated.
The staff was friendly.
The rooms are old, and not fancy at all. Very basic. Also had our room right off Scottsdale road, and heard all the noise.
We had a small balcony.
Hotel is set up, so that all rooms are separate from lobby in 4 buildings that surround center.
It didn't feel like a hotel when we were in our room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in building closest to hotel lobby. And also one that's a little further away fr...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
clm037, General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Glad you enjoyed the pools and resort. You can certainly request a different view next you book with us. We have Pool view, Lagoon View and Courtyard view. I agree... sometimes Scottsdale road is busy, but the entire town of Scottsdale is buzzing with baseball spring training and all of the happenings in March. I am sorry the noise disturbed your stay. I hope this doesn't keep you from coming back because we can pick a room away from the road next stay. Thanks for the feedback.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I travelled to Phoenix for a medical conference at the Firesky. Their outdoor area is beautiful. The only drawback would be that you really have to be strategic if you want to be in the sun because of all the greenery and trees. That being said, it is just beautiful out there. The fountains and the pool area are gorgeous.
Checking in, the customer service from the Valet/bellman, front desk and concierge were top notch-always helpful and with a smile.
The rooms are beautifully decorated and the beds comfortable. I am a member of their In Touch and with that, you get a $10 minibar credit with your stay-may not sound like much but the membership is free so why not? The housekeeping service was good, rooms were clean and items refreshed as needed.
I took advantage of the spa as we had the afternoon off and it was raining so no pool time :(. The massage was excellent. The spa itself, got very very crowded in the foyer while everyone showed up at the same time for their services. No biggie just seemed a little disorganized.
As a single female when I travel alone I do eat at the hotel restaurants quite a bit. Taggia is a good choice with good food and the wait staff really takes care of you.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool with a balcony are awesome!
1  Thank countrydoc425
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We recently stayed at Firesky and had a wonderful experience. We were there for my husband's company function. We were highly impressed. From the moment we entered the service was superb, they quickly took our luggage to be stored until our room was ready. We arrived very early in the morning and they gave me several ideas to keep me busy while I waited. Everything from getting breakfast at their restaurant (which we did and it was delicious) to taking their complimentary Escalade to the mall. We requested a non-pet room since my husband has bad allergies and we were traveling with our baby. They worked quickly to get the room ready before the normal check in time which I thought was so wonderful. Meanwhile, the baby and I hung out at the pool after getting my complimentary coffee. The weather was perfect so time went by quickly.

The pool was perfect, exactly like a destination resort. Many people inquired where I was when I posted pics on Facebook. They thought it looked gorgeous! There is a beach like side and a larger pool area, along with a spa. Brittany the poolside waitress was great as well. She made sure I was taken care of since I didn't have my room yet, she even got me more coffee. She went above and beyond, I want to recognize her for that! I ordered lunch at the pool and it was very tasty as well. We visited the pool a few times throughout the stay and the atmosphere was very relaxing.

Our room was so clean and spacious. It had everything we needed. The rooms were very quiet. We only heard people talking once and they were in the hallway. We had a bottom floor with a pool view. While we were there everyone was out on their porches enjoying the weather overlooking the pool.

The functions we attended were well executed. The conference part my husband attended was great, rooms were very nice and the drinks and food were well stocked. He said the service was very attentive. We also had an outdoor reception the food was delicious with a "island" theme which was the theme of the entire party. The formal dinner we had the following night with a cocktail hour was so delicious. Overall the events staff did a wonderful job.

The restaurant was delicious as well. The prices are on the high side, but that is the price for convenience as you would pay at any luxury resort. We had excellent service each visit breakfast and one dinner.

This boutique resort is a great choice for anyone planning a romantic, family, or company getaway. It is intimate yet feels big enough that you don't run into everyone all the time. It is within walking distance to the Fashion Square Mall. (We walked there 2 times). The mall has great shopping and a lot of little shops and restaurants surrounding it.

Tip: We were not Kimpton members prior to this trip and my husband joined and we were very pleased with all of the perks (I won't spoil the fun). It left a great impression with us and we hope to visit more Kimpton properties.

Room Tip: Request a room with a pool view if you can!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
clm037, General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

WOW! All I can say is....a heartfelt deep THANK YOU! It was endearing for me to read your review. As future guests of the FireSky rely heavily on Trip Advisor and testimonies such as yours to decide where to stay in Scottsdale, I appreciate the time you took to relive your memories online. I appreciate all the positive feedback, this warmed my heart and brought a smile to my face. Come back soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I meet my wife each year after her Conferencein January at the FireSky Resort in Scottsdale. It is romantic at night sitting by the pool around a fire pit looking at the stars. Coming form Canada being able to be outside at night in the winter time is great, but being able to be by a fire outdoors at a beautiful Resort drinking from a great wine and scotch selction with a cigar is perfect. The service is the best, everyone is so friendly and says hi or how can i help you. The ambiance is to die for...we love it and will continue to go every year.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room facing the pool
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Relaxing with a cigar, favorite beverage next to the firepit under the stars with personal service! What a beautiful picture you painted! I am thrilled you enjoyed your return visit to the FireSky! It hit 73 today and one of the reasons I live in this gorgeous city! Thanks for the review and we will see you back soon!

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Walking around the FireSky Resort was absolutely beautiful but wish that the rooms were just as beautiful. Found that the room smelled musty and decor was blah, although the bed was very comfortable. Wasn't ever able to access the Internet during my stay and after several calls to the IT department it never was fixed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family