“Some nice features”

GreenLeadersSilver level
west hills, ca
“Some nice features”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights booked 2 rooms for family. Got a good AAA rate which included breakfast. Nice pool area with cushioned lounge chairs but pool is on the cool side and in the shade. No elevators for the second floor. Nice wine served from 5-6 in the Lobby. Breakfast quality very good fresh fruit with pastry, juice and coffee. Hot food also available. The room was a very generous size and the bed very comfortable. Better rooms face the courtyard. Close to Old Town and Fashion Square shopping mall. I recommend it if you get a good rate.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are better.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank jfd
Dehn B, Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Thank you for the nice review! I'm sorry you found our pool to be on the cool side. Personally, I prefer my pool to be like bath water....especially this time of year. Ours is kept at a constant temperature of 84*F. I'm happy to hear that you had a chance to visit our restaurant, Taggia, for breakfast. I hope you had a chance to experience what they can do at dinner as well. The water feature, outdoor fireplace and flaming patio heaters make our patio area one of the finest in Scottsdale in my opinion! Here's hoping to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (529)
Chaska, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is the third time I have stayed at a Kimpton Property this year and this location did not disappoint. This resort had a lovely pool area and landscaping. Even though it is in the middle of Scottsdale, it doesn't feel like it. It feels very resort like and classy. I Like that it is a low rise property and the rooms have balconies that are more like little patios with comfortable chairs. It was nice to sit out there and have morning coffee or a night cap. The food was veryngood and the service was excellent in the restaurant and at the front desk. I would recommend this property to anyone heading to Scottsdale.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ychick11
Dehn B, Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you! I think it's lovely here as well....but my opinion MAY be a little biased :) Hope we get to see you again soon.
Fountain Hills, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We stayed here twice this past year and it's a great place to stay. The rooms are nice. The pools are awesome. Very close to Old Town Scottsdale. The restaurant onsite is good as well. We have eaten breakfast and dinner there. The patio is very nice. Staff is friendly. They also have a hosted wine hour every night.

Room Tip: Skip the patio guestroom and get yourself an upgrade.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank foodluva62
Dehn B, Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thanks for your comments! Speaking of Taggia; last night I had the chance to experience one of the monthly Wine Dinners we're now featuring....oh my - it was AMAZING! If you get the chance, I would highly recommend it. Glad you enjoyed our little slice of heaven….I hope we get to serve you again soon!
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We love that the Kimpton brand allows pets and that they are very welcoming to our pups. It seems, though, that any time Kimpton takes over a hotel, the customer service and attention to detail goes down (eh em, the Canary Hotel in Santa Barbara is a perfect example). Upon arriving, we got a "room for the outside party guests" (i.e. booking through hotwire, expedia, etc. vs. the hotel's website). I didn't realize that searching for the best rate would get me a worse room. The hallway smelled really unpleasant. We had to smell it every time we went into our room, and that is a bit of a bummer. The pool was fine, but small. I liked the complementary cocktail hour (nice touch). I think Kimpton needs to step up their game or I am stepping away from the brand (with a little tap dance.)

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Oh no! I'm so sorry that we didn't make a great impression with you - please accept my apologies. Of course we would prefer that everyone confirm their reservation through one of Kimpton's convenient channels, that's why we offer a Best Rate Guarantee, but we certainly don't discriminate against reservations that come through other channels. We are very proud of our relationships with other on-line retailers; they are an important part of our business model. I hope you'll come back and give us another chance, I'm sure your next visit with us will restore your faith in Kimpton - no tapping needed!
London England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at the end of October/beginning November. Good hotel and location. We had a room overlooking lagoon, which I would recommend for quietness as there can be road noise on the outer rooms. Bathroom was a bit small for the quality of hotel and price, but this may just be as we had an end room. Very friendly staff and helful concierge. Walking distance (15-20 mins) to downtown and oldtown Scottsdale. Why don't more Americans walk?? Might help with the obesity issues.

Room Tip: Rooms facing lagoons will be quieter.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
CherylMartin, General Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
I am happy to hear you were comfortable in your home away from home. The FireSky is special and I am glad you felt the relaxation we provide. Please come back soon and thank you for taking time to tell others about your recent visit.
Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Pet-lovers know that Kimpton is the ultimate in welcoming pets: no pet fee, no weight limit and all sorts of critters are welcome at Kimpton. The FireSky Resort & Spa in Scottsdale, Arizona, exudes a gracious ambience from start to finish. Our dogs names were on the chalk board welcoming them along with a few other Fido friends. We were given a dog bowl with treats and toys and our room included bowls and doggy Snoozzy pads. The grounds are luscious with large trees and palm trees, wait, are we in Scottsdale or Hawaii? It was hard to tell with water features and intimate hideaways scattered throughout the property. Doggy bag stations dot the property with grassy areas to walk your dog. Chef Massimo De Francesca creates a masterpiece to please any palette and a call to room service will get you just what is desired for Fido too. Our lagoon view room included Pillowtop mattresses and plush feather pillows, work station and lounge. Lest we forget Kimpton's signature gold fish, (ours was called Nuriel) who winked at us, I am certain, as we all turned in for the night in the comfort that is Kimpton's trademark.

Room Tip: Kimpton's are all pet-welcoming but be sure to let them know you are traveling with the entire f...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dehn B, Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Like all Kimpton hotels, the FireSky Resort & Spa is a pet-friendly property. We strive to make sure our furry, four-legged friends are just as comfortable as all our other guests. I'm glad to hear that you and the gang were comfortable and enjoyed your time with us. I hope you and your favorite Fidos get to escape with us again soon!
Eugene, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

Kimpton knows how to do it that's for sure. Their customer service is always outstanding, the rooms absolutely wonderful, pool... amazing, free transport within 3 mile radius (drop off and pick up) via Cadillac Escalade. Loved it!

• Stayed April 2012
Dehn B, Manager at The Scott Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Ah yes....warm days, cool nights - doesn't get much better than this! Come back and see us again soon - our new Chef Massimo DeFrancesca is working culinary MAGIC in our dining room! The man can work wonders with Risotto :) Thank you!