Scottsdale Plaza Resort
$118
  • Pool
La Quinta Inn & Suites Phoenix Scottsdale(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$109
$187
$169
$177
$163
3 Palms Hotel(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$77
$72
The Scott Resort & Spa(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$189
$563
$539
  • Restaurant
The Scottsdale Resort at McCormick Ranch(Scottsdale)(Great Value!)
$204
$159
$359
$339
Hyatt.com
2,488 results
All reviewsbi leveltennis courtsnice groundsmain poolking suitefitness centerbeautiful propertybusiness conferenceper daygolf cartpoolsremingtonamenitiesaccommodationsfireplacepatiostaycation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 12, 2009

Let me start by saying we got this hotel from Priceline for under sixty dollars. That makes me feel A LOT better about the hotel. Had we paid full price I would have been much much less impressed.

The Good:
- the price
- it was quiet when we were there, we were able to have the 'villa pool' all to ourselves one afternoon, a perfectly restful place
- the location: near many upscale Scottsdale strip malls, containing great resturants and shops. Starbucks right across the street (free wifi, don't pay $15 for it!)

The Bad
- the rooms are really really dated. Nothing 4-star about them. The beds are hard, sheets are old and bathrooms need remodeling.
- limited customer service; the conceriage handed me a paper when I asked about movie times, and no one offered to help me with my bags upon check in
- the pools are small, though there are several, if the hotel was crowded I could imagine trouble getting a chair in the sun
- the resturant is expensive and food not great
- the cabana bar was closed when we were there, without any explanation
- walls are thin, our last day a family with kids stayed next door and we heard every word

Bottom Line:
- if you've gotten a great (and I mean outstanding) deal on this hotel, you'll enjoy yourself. Know upfront it's not a 4-star hotel - despite what Priceline says!! - (think Holiday Inn not Hilton) and with realistic expectations you'll be ok.

Tips
- check out Paradise Bakery
- SASSI (near Pinnacle Peak Park) is outstanding, delicous food, romantic atomsphere
- you can see a mountain from the villa pool - remind yourself you're in Scottsdale!
- pick up water and other supplies from CVS or a grocery store; $6 for a bottle of water is far too much!!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer1978
Reviewed November 3, 2009

got there, place looked nice, nice pools, rooms were fine. thought i was in for a great stay, until they started pecking at my wallet like a pack of vultures. Breakfast was 11 bucks for a continental breakfast. One day they said the "guy" didnt show up, so their was no breakfast. They pointed us towards the menu, $4 for a little glass of OJ. $3.51 FOR A CUP OF COFFEE. Then they tell you they are giving 15% off the food in JD's lounge, but if you do not bring it up, they dont bring it up...very embarrassing...i walked intot he business center to check my email, lady says to me "what room are you in?" I said "what does that matter?" she says "Its a DOLLAR A MINUTE TO GO ON THE INTERENT!" then they hit you with a resort fee at the end. they load your room with candy, $3.50 FOR A TINY BAG OF SKITTLES...Do yourself a favor, stay somewhere else.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2009

This has been one fo the most enjoyable stays I have ever had by myself. The staff is so attentive and personable. I have not had to ask for anything, they are all mind readers.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This was a nice facility and the staff was great. Only one proplem. We had to call for towles everyday. They would come clean and leave one set of towles, wehn we listed three as being in the room. It varied sometimes their would be three big towels, two medium and one face towel. Or Two big, one medium and one face. Each day for 6 days we dealt with that. Other than that, it was a great stay.

The rooms are huge.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 7, 2009

I stayed with my family in April 2009. The rooms were huge, well appointed, perhaps slightly dated but that should not worry any traveller. The hotel facilities were excellent, lovely pools, tennis courts, and at the time of our visit, the resort was empty (about 10% occupancy),

Location is good in the midst of Scottsdale just a short drive away to the very large shopping mall on the river.

I had an internet outage during our stay but management did not charge me for its use due to this.

I booked through Priceline and got a great deal. I found Priceline an excellent resource to book hotels within the US.

I would recommend this property to anyone travelling through Scottsdale and Phoenix in general. Lovely area, and a good hotel

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family