“4 days in paradise.........nice clean adult spot to relax”

Scottsdale Plaza Resort
Ranked #21 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Seymour, Connecticut, United States
“4 days in paradise.........nice clean adult spot to relax”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights and we really enjoyed the facility. Nice restaurant, sports bar and pool bar.

Very clean, roomy 1 bedroom suite we had which was like a small condo.

Hot tub and bools are nice, grounds are beautiful. My wife says it was absolutely wonderful

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
TheScottsdalePlaza, Director of Rooms at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We appreciate your business and hope that you will visit us again soon. Your wife may also love our Salon and Spa if you have an opportunity to visit again.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Would highly recommend. Good sized rooms and great service. Better prices than other Scottsdale hotels. Tennis courts were well maintained and enjoyed good matches in between thunderstorms. Family owned I believe.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Desigal7,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful review. Our resort is indeed privately owned. Thank you for visiting our resort and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business, and would like to invite you back again soon.

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed March 1, 2014

The entire staff was friendly and extremely helpful! The grounds were immaculate and the rooms were well appointed and very clean.
This hotel is in a great location - 3 miles from old downtown Scottsdale, and block from the free trolley, and near great restaurants and fabulous shopping. It's not far from Arcosanti where the Soleri windbells are made and you can tour the grounds and watch them pour the bells - free admission. .

Room Tip: I was given a choice of the floors (ground or 2nd). Since there are no elevators they gave me a gro...
Dear Mcgolfer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review. We appreciate the positive feedback and the room tip that you left. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to welcome you to our resort and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your business, and would like to invite you back again soon.

Cobourg, Canada
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We are currently staying at the hotel this very moment and at 4 am I am wide awake in the room because the air conditioner is so loud I can't sleep. Obligation will keep us here another night because we purchased through Hotwire which means no refunds and unfortunately we booked for two nights. The reason for taking two nights....it was shown to be a 4 star hotel, room rate regularly $234 but hotwire rate was $109. We thought it might compare to the wonderful stay we had just down the road at the Scottsdale Resort and Conference center which we paid the same rate for and it was totally awesome.

The bed is small. Must be a "budget" mattress because it actually sinks in the middle and the upper perimeter of the mattress feels like theres a wire all around. (much the same as one expects on sofa bed mattresses). Neither of us is heavy, so its not related to our weight.

Room decor...big, yes, but DATED, just like other reviews said and much like we would expect at a 2.5 star hotel (other than size). There is an array of snacks all spread out for us...just $3.50 for a small pack of M&Ms and $6.00 for that 1litre bottle of water.

There are, however, bathrobes provided.

No breakfast buffet. When we inquired about a breakfast buffet the person at the front desk looked at us like he had never heard the word before. Just a regular restaurant with menus.

Lounges at the pool have no padded surfaces, just plastic mesh making them uncomfortable to lie on one's front. We were probably spoiled at our last accommodation with a saltwater pool which made the chlorine in the pool at the Scottsdale Plaza feel less pleasant.

For the advertised rate of $234 it would have been a collossal disappointment. For the hotwire rate of $109 it is still a significant let down. Sorry we came here.

First of all,

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank WorldTraveller373
TheScottsdalePlaza, Director of Rooms at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear WorldTaveller,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for your business. It is never our intention for a guest to be uncomfortable during their stay. We will look into each of the issues you have mentioned. The resort is updated regularly, and we take all of our customer's reviews seriously. We would like to invite you to visit us again and hope that you will give us a second chance.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

Found myself in Arizona this week. Had some stuff to do and drive down from Vegas. My plan was to do what I needed to do and drive back. I'm hardcore like that.

After my meeting, I was exhausted so decided I better find a hotel for the night.

Hopped on the webs and Bill Shatner began to work his magic.

Since it was first day of spring training, everything was overpriced. Got an ok deal on this room. Not great, but not terrible either.

Anyway, Room was nice. Felt a little dated. It's hard for me to describe how I felt about this room. It was good but it was lacking something.

It was VERY clean though!

Service was ok. Nothing spectacular.

Location is good. Close to everything Scottsdale has to offer.

I'd stay again if I could get a better price. Give it a solid 3.5 stars.

PS- If AZ ever legalizes MJ for recreational use, this place will make a fortune off the mini bar. (What is it about a basket on a table in a hotel room that makes a Snickers worth 3 bucks?)

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Michael,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. The resort is consistently updated, and hopefully if you join us again, the room will leave you pleasantly surprised. Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your business, and would like to invite you back again soon.

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Picturesque, immaculate grounds. Large, spacious room. Very friendly helpful staff. I booked a room on Priceline and was concerned about what I saw posted, but have no worries! This is a wonderful resort! No fee for WIFI or extra charges. Gorgeous, very clean pools. Very well maintained. I would love to stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
TheScottsdalePlaza, Director of Rooms at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Wow! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. We appreciate your business and we certainly hope you will visit us again soon. We are consistently updating our resort, and value our guests feedback. In the future when booking your travel to Scottsdale, we hope that you will think of us.

North Carolina
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I just spent 4 nights at this hotel for a conference- I was extremely impressed! I read some mixed reviews prior to my stay, and I have no idea what these people had to be dissatisfied with. The room was spacious, clean and seemed very new. The grounds were gorgeous! The staff were friendly, accommodating and just easy to talk to in general! I actually accidentally left my ring at the pool and within 5 minutes of being back in my hotel room, security called me and then hand delivered my ring. I didn't even have time to notice I had misplaced it!

The hotel also provided the food for the conference which I also thought was awesome! The location is nice, as well. Located right near a trolley stop to go downtown Scottsdale and the shuttle service to and from the airport was both convenient and a good value. Thank you Scottsdale Plaza for a great first visit to Arizona!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. It is always nice to hear positive feedback about our staff as well. We appreciate your business, and would like to invite you back in the future to visit us again. Hopefully when booking travel to Scottsdale in the future you will think of us.