“Had a good stay!”

Scottsdale Plaza Resort
Ranked #14 of 75 Hotels in Scottsdale
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Recently returned from organization's annual meeting. They took could very good care of us. Beautiful property! Service and staff of the hotel (excludes the spa) were great; food was good. Rooms were huge-defintely could use some updating as it made them a bit dreary.

I did have a problem with the spa. The massage therapist was either inexperienced or just unaware of customer needs. She was not rude at all, but just plain dizzy. The atmosphere in the room was poor. One of the top window shudders was open making it quite light in the room. It looked as though she had not tidied up after the last person with half-filled coffee and water cups on the counter as you walked into the room. She knocked as she was opening the door to come back in and not before she opened the door.. Although I had filled out a short history sheet when I came into the spa, she appeared not to have read it as she started rubbing my upper back very hard and then asked what type of problem i had when I shouted for her to stop rubbing so hard. The rest of the message was OK as she respected my request for light pressure; her technique was good The room was small which caused her to keep banging the stool into the table. She finally moved the stool after I asked her to stop. This all created an uncomfortable atmosphere. It was the most stressful massage I have ever had. I did not discuss this with the staff when I left as I had to go to an evening event. They did not ask me how things went which was OK at that point. I left more stressed than when I went in. I was looking forward to this treat my entire stay with a recent hospitalization, death in my family, and move of an elderly family member in the month of March. I hope someone will give some attention to the spa.

Otherwise, i enjoyed my stay. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
scottsdaleplaza, General Manager at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2012

Thank you for your stay at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort! We’re so glad to hear you enjoyed the property and had a good experience with the resort staff! You may be pleased to hear we will be updating our room’s interiors to make a more comfortable stay for our guests. We appreciate your comments regarding the spa and apologize for your unsatisfactory service. Our spa director will be in contact with you soon to discuss your service further and please feel free to email us at kellyr@scottsdaleplaza.com if you have any further questions or issues. We hope to see you again next time you are in the Scottsdale area!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,289)

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Tomblike. Dank. Dated oh so dated. Lots of charges - resort fee plus Internet comes to $30/day. For what so many in the area provide for the cost of the room. A reasonable resort fee should be no more than 10 per cent of your room charge. Room smell reminds me of those urinal deodorizers.

Between the Scottsdale Resort and Conference Center and the Scottsdale Plaza Resort watch out if you use Priceline to snag a bargain. Instead of the clink of gold you will get a clunker. It's no fun anymore. These places need to clean up their act. Reminds me of a schoolmate of mine that quit working at Stuckeys years ago because she refused to shortchange the customers. All that's missing is the Mafia banging on doors demanding their share.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Espressodoc52
scottsdaleplaza, General Manager at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

We're sorry to hear you had an unpleasant stay during your visit to The Scottsdale Plaza Resort. Thank you for your suggestions regarding changes we can make to better serve our guests. You may be pleased to know that we are updating our rooms for a more modern look and a more comfortable stay for our guests. Please email us at kellyr@scottsdaleplaza.com if you would like to discuss any issues further and thank you for staying at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Excellent property---large----value was good, likely due to a priceline buy. Recently, the trend with Priceline is to lock in a higher rated property at a reasonable rate, but then exhorbitant charges exist for internet, meals, etc, exist.

This place was no different, but I suspect it;s not geared for the business traveler. Still, for the family traveler going to a resort like this, it's just an irritant to pay $3 for 6 minutes, and then $1 per minute after. As I;ve said many times, for the amount of revenue you make you can only afford to lose 4-5 patrons per month and you'll lose money on the decision.

Food was fine. Beer was midly cold. Property was gorgeous. Service was 8-10. It's a great destination property, but for the business traveler it doesn't set up particularly well.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Thank you so much for staying at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort during your business trip. We're glad you enjoyed the property and had a pleasant stay. We appreciate your comments regarding making certain amenities more business friendly and we will share these with the rest of our team to help make a more comfortable stay for our business professionals like yourself. We hope to see you again soon at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort!

Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed here because of a wonderful deal through Priceline, and because of that I can't be too critical. Overall, the grounds were very clean and the staff went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. There were several pools to choose from and the food and bar service was fine. Our room was nice, but the only complaint I have during our stay there is that the walls were thin, and I mean paper thin. If that could be an issue for you, I would suggest asking for a room in a quiet area of the resort. We found the location to be quite convenient as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for staying with us during your weekend stay. We're glad to hear you enjoyed our property and had a pleasant experience with our well-seasoned staff. We hope to see you again soon the next time you are enjoying a weekend getaway!

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I went out with some co-workers for a conference and stayed at the Plaza. Accomodations were terrific and we stayed in the cottages in the back of the property. There was a private pool in the back and the other pools on the grounds were great too. Good fitness center and great location from all attractions that we were interested in. Service in the hotel was great and this was a great trip.

Room Tip: The cottages in the back of the resort is a small walk to the main hotel, but it is quiet and so pea...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
scottsdaleplaza, General Manager at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding your stay at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort! We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your room, amenities, and most importantly, your service. Our staff here is well-seasoned in the hospitality industry and we are happy you witnessed first hand, their excellent service. We hope you stay with us next time you are in the area!

Reviewed March 27, 2012

Another unpleasant experience here. Front staff rude and poorly trained and everything has dated feel. Only reason I'm here for a second time is booking made by colleague. Avoid this place- others nearby are much better.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank wilcoxbs
scottsdaleplaza, General Manager at Scottsdale Plaza Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2012

Thank you for staying with us at The Scottsdale Plaza Resort. We're sorry your experience wasn't more positive and we would like to hear more about it. If you could please email us at kellyr@scottsdaleplaza.com so we can learn more about your experience with our staff during your stay? Thank you!

Reviewed March 26, 2012

I enjoy trying different spa/salons around the valley and was excited to see a groupon available for the plaza resort. I made an appointment for a mani/pedi for this past weekend. Upon arriving on time, I sat in the "spa lobby" for 10 minutes while my aesthetician finished her phone call. She was on and off the phone for half of my appointment answering calls and trying to figure out how to work her cell phone. Besides that, this was the worst mani/pedi I have ever had. She asked if I wanted my nails longer or shorter, I told her shorter, the nails that she bothered filing were not straight. The nail polish that i had on previously can still be seen. She did not bother pushing back my cuticles and the polish is already chipping. I went home and had to finish my mani/pedi. After paying resort prices I would expect much better service. Extremely disappointing and I would not return to this spa. What's worse is I brought a friend with me for her birthday and it was not worth it for either of us.

• Stayed: March 2012