“Yummy Soup!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cien Agaves

Cien Agaves
Reserve with OpenTable
Cien Agaves is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 1,241 Restaurants in Scottsdale
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Bar
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Bar scene, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown Scottsdale
Cross street: North Scottsdale Road
Transit: The Scottsdale Trolley has a drop off on the corner of our street!
Stoney Creek, Canada
“Yummy Soup!!!”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My husband and I just planned to stop for a quick drink after touring Old Scottsdale for a few hours so we stopped in at Cien Agaves for a quick beer. After seeing some of the food coming out to the tables, we grabbed a menu and ended up having lunch. The Chicken Tortilla Soup and the Creamy Pablano Soup were to die for but that wasn't enough, we also ordered fajitas, which were amazing. I started on the Creamy Pablano Soup and thought nothing could taste better, until my husband and I switched bowls half way and I was just as thrilled with the Chicken Tortilla Soup. The Fajita's came with rice & beans and all the fixens and my husband and I both have big appetites, but we split an order and were both very satisfied. A quick beer at the bar turned out to be a wonderful last lunch out before heading back to Canada.

• Visited June 2014

Gatesville, TX
“You must eat at Cien Agaves”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

If you are visiting Old Town Scottsdale (like we did) be sure a eat at Cien Agaves. You can sit inside (a bit younger crowd, with noise and louder music) or sit outside like we did (quieter and pleasant with fire pit). We happen to eat here on Valentine's night and still had a great experience with service and efficient food preperation. Our Tres Taco Special (Taco Al Pastor, Tecate Fish Taco and Ahi Taco) was served with rice and beans. The chips and salsa were extremely tasty as well. Our server and manager were really friendly and you could tell they were there to please the restaurant guests. I highly recommend this place.

• Visited February 2014
Palm Beach, FL
“Good authentic Mexican in casual environment. Definitely worth a visit.”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I first came here many years ago and remembered the happy hour food was good, so on a recent trip back to Scottsdale, I was in need of some good food but didn't know where to turn. I was one block away from Cien Agaves, so I came back to try it again. I got the two taco special with soft flour shell and carne asada. Comes with typical beans and rice. These are without a doubt the most flavorful tacos I've ever had. It's like a taste explosion! I think some of that comes from the fresh guacamole they put on the tacos. All their other food looked great too, and people seem to love it. I sat at the bar on two different days, and both bartenders were extremely pleasant and helpful. Definitely give it a try. There's a reason they've been here in business so long!

• Visited May 2014
Leesburg, Florida
“Great tacos and margaritas! ”
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

We stopped by while walking around through Old Town, which was a nice break. The Tres Tacos Especial is the way to go if you want to sample different tacos as you can choose any three and it also comes with rice and beans. My husband and I shared that for lunch, enjoyed a couple of margaritas, and went about our way! Will come back again whenever we are back in the area!

“Nice food but service a tad slow”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Called in on the off chance as only in town for one night. Place was busy but not cramped. Took a while for the server to take our drinks order and a bit longer to take our food order. Waited what seemed like forever for the food but was probably only about 20 mins. When it came it was fab. Plenty of interesting flavours and masses of accompaniments. I had 2 shrimp tacos and my husband had the chicken fajitas. Overall thoroughly enjoyable and came in at $35.

• Visited May 2014