“Always Consistent and Good”
Review of Grand Lux Cafe - CLOSED

Grand Lux Cafe
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Always Consistent and Good”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

As a Scottsdale resident, I dine out quite often with friends. When seeking a casual atmosphere, but one with a touch of elegance and of course a restaurant that serves good food, the Grand Lux is one of my favorites. The atmosphere is what I often refer to as "early 20th century cruise ship luxury." The dining room has that glitz of older cruise ships, and is very chic. The menu is so diverse that I would defy anyone to not be able to find something appealing. I would estimate that I have eaten at the Grand Lux at least 50 times, and it has always been excellent. During this month I was there three times, as I had a visitor from Northern Ireland, and he loved coming back. The portions are large, and most entrees are accompanied by assorted fresh vegetables, making the overall plate attractive and healthy. Their entrees are beautifully presented. The style of food is more basic, with an emphasis upon the home cooked type of meal. Desserts are decadent, and portions are large. So save room.

• Visited March 2013

Scottsdale, AZ
“Huge Portions...and Good”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

For a casual mall restaurant, the Grand Lux stands out. Huge portions; plan on splitting. The Chicken Piccata is a standout. Breakfasts are all good. Nice atmosphere with good service.

Visited December 2012
AMLL
“So many options!”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I ate at the GrandLux Cafe to pass some time before my flight. The restaurant is very large yet intimate. I love that they had organic options and the service was great. I do recommend trying this restaurant alone or in a group. Nice place :)

• Visited March 2013
Jackson, Michigan
“overall very good”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

ate here before we saw a movie. huge menu and good drink selection. they claim everything is made fresh so i'm not sure how they can have so much variety. great service and food similar to cheesecake factory but i liked it better.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Great soup and salad options”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great value, beautiful setting and huge portions. We always are concerned with mall type restaurants, but this place was an exception. The dining room was beautiful, with high ceilings and artwork.

We were there for lunch, and we highly recommend the chili mango salad.

Visited February 2013