“Good food but atmosphere a bit noisy”

Bobby's Restaurant and Jazz Lounge A Mancuso's Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Kierland Commons
Cross street: Scottsdale Road
Description: A restaurant and entertainment venue, Bobby's offers Continental fare with Italian and Mediterranean flare, jazzed with a few Mancuso signature dishes. Nightly entertainment features the sounds of contemporary jazz, a blending of Hollywood and Las Vegas. Bobby’s is unique, inviting, elegant and lively. The decor is sleek and contemporary with an eye-catching wall of pictures, pictures of musicians all named “Bobby.”
Vancouver, Washington
“Good food but atmosphere a bit noisy”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We dined during happy hour in the upstairs lounge and started off with a bit of confusion as to whether we could sit at a table or at the bar. We wanted a table as we were going to order off both the happy hour menu and dinner menu but we were told we had to sit at the bar to order any happy hour items. We did go to the bar and fortunately it improved from there. They had a wide selection of martini's and they were wonderful. I had an espresso martini and my boyfriend had a mojito martini and both were delicious. I ordered the Caesar salad and it was very good, dressing had plenty of garlic. For my entree I had mac and cheese and let me say they did not skimp on the cheese! My boyfriend ordered the spinach salad and it was large, flavorful and fresh. He also had the scallops which were a rather small portion but very good. The group behind us was a bit loud and they also had live music so for a quieter dinner I recommend dining downstairs.

• Visited March 2013

phoenix
“Food good, but needs other improvements.”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

First time here. We asked to sit upstairs in the lounge where the entertainment was playing, and were seated there at a small table. I had read their online menu before we visited, and saw that they offered a 4-course $32 meal, which sounded like a good deal. When we were presented our menus, I saw nothing in there regarding this deal. I asked the server, and he said he'd have to go and get those menu for us if we were interested. (They should have presented them right from the start; had I not seen online prior, we never would have known about it as they don't even tell you about it; you have to ask). When I showed the server a Restaurant.com certificate we had, he told us we couldn't order the $32 meal and use the certificate together. So we started reading the main menu, and saw that they offer happy hour pricing on select drinks and apps before 7pm. When we asked where these were listed, with their prices, on the menu, he stated that they had yet ANOTHER menu for happy hour. He then went and brought us that one. But then the server told us we couldn't order from the happy hour menu because we weren't seated at the bar or a high-top table! Yet, we were in the lounge, which is where the menu stated the happy hour menu was valid! We were told we would have to sit at a different table in the exact same lounge, right next to where we were, if we wanted to order happy hour items! This whole ordeal was ridiculous.
We opted to stay seated and just order from the regular menu.

Garlic bread that came out was ok, not great.
Had their wedge salads to start; a unique twist on the classic wedge, theirs with artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, pico de gallo, and hearts of palm, with a good blue cheese dressing.
Husband had the pasta trio, and it was very good. I had the chicken marsala, with parmesan risotto. Good marsala sauce with plenty of mushrooms. The sauteed spinach that accompanied it was also very good.
Our server was also good and attentive.

Were it not for the menu complications, and them not honoring our restaurant.com certificate with their 4-course meal, and not allowing us to order from the happy hour menu, even though we were in the lounge where the menu stated it was valid, I would have rated them higher, because the food was actually good. They just need to be more customer service oriented.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank sherryshoes
Germantown, Wisconsin
“Could be better...”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had drinks at the bar before dinner. I had a Bloody Mary which was good but I had to ask for stuffed olives and there was no pickle which I found odd for a place like this. My hubby had a rum and coke but got diet soda by mistake. The crab stack app was awesome so I had high expectations for dinner and was let down. I had spaghetti bolognese which was nothing more than tomato sauce- not bolognese by a long shot. My hubby had chicken piccata and it was one small breast that was nothing special. Service was just adequate. Probably won't revisit.

Visited March 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Excellent lunch spot in Scottsdale”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

My husband and I stopped by chance here for lunch while on vacation. We both had the small version Caesar Salads with wonderful complimentary warm bread. That's all we needed. The service was top notch, so was the food. Outdoor seating is available for nice weather.

• Visited February 2013
“Best lunch spot in town!”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My husband and I have a nice lunch here every wed. The service is amazing and the food is consistently wonderful. Marcos always takes excellent care of us and remembers exactly how we like our food prepared. The atmosphere is very comfortable and we always enjoy ourselves, this is "our spot" we have even moved our date night to Bobby's :0) the Cesar salad with grilled shrimp is to die for. The best scottsdale has to offer.

Travelers who viewed Bobby's Restaurant and Jazz Lounge A Mancuso's Restaurant also viewed