“Good value with casino attached for fun”

Apache Gold Resort Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Carlos
Arlington Hts., United States
“Good value with casino attached for fun”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful with questions we had. Large comfortable room with very comfortable bed. Gave us coupons for a free breakfast at the adjoining casino. Well maintained hotel and grounds.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

2 Thank Joseph B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Thatcher, Arizona
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I had reserved a smoking room (for my traveling companion). When we arrived I asked that the room be changed to a nonsmoking room with a patio where he could smoke. The front desk was very accomodating and asked if we would mind a handicapped room. That was fine with us. The room was large, comfortable and very clean. The bed was extremely comfortable and the fact that my companion could smoke on the patio was a huge plus (I don't smoke). We had a great time playing at the casino and the food there is always great. Thanks for a very nice end to a great vacation.

Room Tip: If you are traveling when the weather is nice choose a patio or deck room, it's definitely worth...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mesa, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I love staying at this hotel. They have bands come and play on the weekends, the games are good and we enjoy using the pool and gym. We always have great service, the people that work at the hotel are very nice, treat all guest great. I have never had any issues with this hotel or any other Best Western hotel. We also stayed recently in San Diego in old Town. That stay was also great. Best Western has great places to stay and I enjoy the times we spend at the hotels.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Margaret M
El Paso, United States
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Incredibly accommodating wonderful Staff.... These good people went out of their way to make my stay extra ordinary. Any problem was addressed immediately and corrected. For the most part everything when very smooth and the rooms were very comfortable. The in room coffee was actually very good which made it very easy to get the day started and stay productive. I do appreciate the service these Folks offered and how each employee went out of their way to be helpful. Again my thanks to these fine Folks I look forward to enjoying some time off and getting pampered a bit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Glendale, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Great rooms, casino lounge was fun and Blue Moon Drafts for $2.50!! Fun times for everyone, kids had a great time at the pool. Food was great at the buffet, ate there for breakfast and dinner. And eating off the menu was wonderful. The small grill has good food also.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Heather R
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We had stayed here last week, there was no other rooms available but smoking rooms. We had checked in and my husband had unplugged the alarm and plugged in our laptop to charge. The next morning I woke up to the sound of the alarm going off, I sat up and tried to figure out how to shut it off when it was already off. I flip it over and looked under it to see if I could take out the batteries but there was no batteries in the alarm, so I grabbed the end of the cord and as soon as I had the end in my hand the alarm shut off. I told my husband and we reported it to the front desk when we checked out. We did check into a non smoking room the next day and that evening my husband decided to shower, he came out and said "Did you go in the bathroom when I was in the shower?" I said no. He said some one was opening the shower curtain when I was in the shower. He said they hit the shower curtain and he thought it was odd since the door was locked. I stood up and there was lots of cold air blowing in my face. I forgot to mention that I had shut the a/c off since it was cold for my baby earlier that evening.. I immediately reported it to the front desk and they apologized and stated they will move us to end of the hall near the casino doors. I asked is this common here? The manager said "Yeah, certain times of the year and to certain people and always down that hall." Pointing to the west of the desk. She said nothing will bother you guys on this side. So I went gathered all our belonging right away and we left to the new room. When I was checking out in the morning, the guy in front of me said "oh by the way your hair dryer was going off during the night." All in all it is really affordable and clean but made me feel uneasy.

Room Tip: East hall way was suppose to be better
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Queen Creek, Arizona, Usa
Reviewed May 31, 2013

In the morning the entire hotel lobby and hallways was extremely overwhelmed the smell with whatever cleaning chemicals that they were using to using to mop down the lobby floor and was the same smell emanating from the rooms where the maids were servicing. My wife is asthmatic and had great difficulty breath while walking in the hallway and did not recover from it for several hours. Her breathing was severely affected by the odor so much that we almost headed for the emergency room! I don’t know if it was what they were using or was it mixed too strong, but this is totally unacceptable to use a chemical like this in a public area. When we mentioned this to the lady at the front desk, when we were checking out - she seemed too unconcerned! Also, The Governor of Arizona ordered that all flags in the State be lowered to half mast in honor of the police officer and fireman that were recently killed in the line of duty in Phoenix. This facility did not comply with this order which so great disrespect to our fallen first responders!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

#1 of 6 in Globe
Belle-Aire Motel
Belle-Aire Motel
#5 of 8 in Globe

Been to Apache Gold Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!