“Very Pleased”

Apache Gold Resort Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Carlos
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The rooms were VERY nice. They seem to have been recently updated/remodeled. The room was fresh and clean every day. The beds were very comfortable. The front desk staff was welcoming and friendly. The room was a great value for the price!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Well, this wasn't the fanciest, most luxurious Best Western I've stayed at but it was as clean as can be and the girls at the front desk were very nice and helpful. I had a big room overlooking the desertscape golf course, which was nice. I had to stay here for 2 weeks for work and it was quite pleasant.

There are only about 5 TV channels, so that's a bummer but at least the rooms had flat screens and movies to order. I like the fluffy pillows but the bed was a bit lumpy. But, for what it cost it's a good value.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a balcony!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Having spent 20 years in the service my family has traveled 7 times cross our great country. Have stayed in many different motels during that time. After 1968 we started staying at the BW while going from Mich to Ariz every year. This was one of the best we have been able to stay at. Rooms were huge and very comfortable to sit around in. Will be going back 4 or 5 times this coming year.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helped me with a change in my room location. Everything was handled great. The facility was very clean and comfortable. The breakfast was excellent at the Apache Grill.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Alex A
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We have stayed here on two occasions. Our most recent trip was this past late October 2012.
We had a nice room with 2 queen beds and non smoking. There was no smell of cigarettes at all which surpised me because some people will still smoke in the non smoking rooms.The A/C worked perfectly and kept our room nice and cool. The room looked recently remodelled and had a nice flat screen TV. There are sitting areas near the front desk and a couple of computers for the patrons that are free to use. They have a good sized swimming pool and a jacuzzi. I wish the jacuzzi was closer to the entry gate, but that's just my preference. Everything from our room, to the pool area and the sitting areas are nice and clean. The decor is nice too. The staff at the front desk is no overly friendly, but they get the job done. There aren't mean or anything, they just do their business without much emotion (like smiling). We were fine with it, though. The prices are fair and we got a discount special that was cheaper than using our AAA card and they gave us coupons. One for a free breakfast and one for free $10.00 of slot play in their casino. And since we stayed 2 nights there, they gave us a 2nd set of the coupons to use the next day. And if you have never been to the casino, if you sign up for their free play card, they add $10.00 to it to start you off. And the card comes with a cool card holder thing that you can clip onto your shirt or bottoms. It retracts when you remove your card from the slot machine. Check in and check out was easy peasy. Nice all you can eat buffet in the casino. A snack bar food place in the casino with alot of food/snack choices) I reccomend the battered and fried zuccini. Yum. We were close to the service desk so we didn't have to use the elevator.This is the only place we will stay when visiting my husband's family. 4 years ago we stayed one night here (were had read bad reviews so we only booked one night) and the 2nd night at a Motel 6 or Motel 8. I forget) and NEVER AGAIN!. It was nasty and had blood splattered on the walls and it was scary to be there. Horrible experience and the manager didn't even come to look at the blood when I went to him right away. Unfortunately we had to say there because there were no openings anywear else. Anyways, all in all, I reccomend the Holiday Inn to anyone.

Room Tip: Clean room with modern decor. Reasonably priced Nice restaurant in casino (All you can eat Buffet...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank ItchyAllOver
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The hotel was very clean. Especially noteworthy were the plush bath towels in the clean bathrooms. They extended Senior discounts without even asking. A very pleasant stay, The attached casino was also convenient.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I would be passing through the area and we called the day before to reserve a room at the Best Western Apache Gold Hotel. Since this facility is apparently part of the "Best Western" chain, we assumed that the accomodations, staff and customer service would be acceptable, if not above average. We were wrong.

I called the hotel directly to make the reservation. I requested a 1st floor room and, if possible, early check-in, understanding that these requests were subject to availability.

We arrived at 1 PM and were told that our room was not ready and to check back at 3 PM. We came back at 3 PM and again were told our room "was not ready." The desk clerk indicated she could give us a 2nd floor room to which we agreed. We went up to the room with our luggage in tow. Once inside the room, we discovered that the air conditioning unit was dead as a doornail. It wouldn't turn on- no power - nada. It was over 90 F degrees outside. I went back down to the desk to report the problem.

The desk clerk's response was that she would report the problem maintenance. I requested, instead, a different room. She assigned us another room on the same floor. My wife and I, luggage in tow, proceeded to the new room. We opened the door, and to our surprise, the room was already occupied. There were clothes on hangers, an open suitcase and valuables (watch, cash etc) in plain sight, although no one was in the room.

I went back down to the desk and described what we had just experienced. The two young ladies manning the desk had no response except to stare at their computer screen. No apology, no evidence of concern, no nothing. After staring at the screen for several minutes, they assigned us to a 3rd room. When we entered the room, the first thing we noticed were multiple stains on the carpet, dirt stains on the tub, and a window shade that was shredding. However, the AC worked, the TV worked and we decided to make the best of it. Entire check-in process was 30 minutes without a hint of concern or apology on the part of the staff.

A few days after our stay, I received an email from Best Western CEO David Kong, requesting that I take the time to complete a survey regarding our stay. I completed the survey, describing our experience in the same manner I have described it in this review.

Later in the day I received an email from Cecelia Miles who identified herself as the "front office manager" of the Best Western Apache Gold Hotel. She apologized for her hotel not "exceeding our expectations." Heck, the hotel never came close to meeting our expectations.

In her email, she requested my phone number because, in her words, "I would like to personally speak to you, so that we may figure out how we can rectify this situation. May I have your phone number? I would like to hear the details of the situation." That's a direct quote from her email.

Minutes after receiving her email I attempted to call her. I was told that she was not available. I left a message. I then emailed her, giving her my phone number. It's been eight days. I haven't had a response. So much for any semblance of Best Western customer service.

I understand things can go wrong in the hotel business. Rooms may not be ready. AC units may break down. But, hey, I'm a customer paying good money to stay in your hotel. Show a little concern and compassion, try to make it right without seeming that I'm a bother to you. And most of all, if a manager says he/she will address the situation, they should be held accountable.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dream Manor Inn
Dream Manor Inn
#1 of 6 in Globe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Globe

Been to Apache Gold Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!