“Nice clean rooms. Large pool area.”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Carlos
Reviewed March 18, 2011

The rooms were clean and up-to-date. It appeared that some of the furnishings were new. The room was quiet and the beds comfortable. Hotel attaches to the Apache Gold Casino. Large pool area. Golf course adjacent. Staff could smile a little more; maybe even thank the customer for coming.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Apache Gold Resort Hotel

Reviewed March 9, 2011

I always check first. You should too. Found bugs. Room upgraded and comped. They were good about it. Acted as if they had never encountered before. Am skeptical about that, but appreciated the upgrade and comp. See photo.
Any Hotel can have bugs from last guest, so I'm not going to draw conclusions about their knowledge or negligence. I would advise any traveler to always check THOROUGHLY at any hotel irrespective of how clean it may be. remove pillow cases, sheets, mattress cover, check seams and look for stains, inspect EVERY mattress surface - at any hotel. If you're not aware- bug's look like brown ticks.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank irvthetraveler
darinlowery, Public Relations Manager at Apache Gold Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2015

Thank you for your review. Your unfortunate experience occurred in 2011; please be assured the matter was taken care of immediately. We ended our relationship with the Best Western franchise in June of 2014 and are now self-branded as the Apache Gold Resort Hotel. We hope you'll visit us soon and see a host of improvements!
Darin Lowery 7/7/2015

Reviewed March 2, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for business and have stayed here a few times. My previous complaints were the room stunk and the food at the restaurant is marginal. On this trip I. woke up to a bed bug crawling on my sheets near my pillow. smashed it and it was FULL of blood! Obviously had a great feast on me all night! Gathered my things, took the smashed bug to the front desk and asked to check out early. (I was scheduled to stay all week.) Was told by the front desk clerk "OK". I said, OK, no apology, no nothing! She offered to call housekeeping who told me she had just come back to work the previous day. Housekeeping offered to move me to another room. I declined. I was disappointed by the lack of concern of the front desk staff and no attempt to compensate me for this inconvenience. I will NOT stay here again. I have had others tell me they ordered room service, the hotel staff brought the order then excused himself and proceeded to use the bathroom IN HER ROOM! He 'dropped the kids at the pool' and the remaining stench he left made my associate physically ill. She had to leave her room! What kind of employee does that!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank AZtraveler625

Thank you for your review. At the time of your stay, the hotel has managed by Best Western; as of June 2014, the Apache Gold Resort Hotel is now a self-branded entity and has taken pains to improve the total customer experience. We believe we are succeeding in our efforts. We hope you'll visit us soon and share your experience with us and others.
Darin Lowery 7/7/2015

Reviewed September 13, 2010

My wife and I wanted a weekend getaway and thoroughly enjoyed the Apache Gold Hotel and Casino. Rooms were very pleasant with recent remodeling very obvious. Everyone we encountered was very friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. The casino is lots of fun, food in the buffet and BBQ was better than usually encountered at a casino. We already want to go back!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2010

I had read the previous reviews and was surprised to find that the hotel is actually quite nice. I asked for a quiet room and the room, toward the back, was quiet and very clean. Also, spacious. We had a nice king size bed, desk, and love seat. The furnishings linens, etc. all appeared to be brand new.
The pool is being worked on, it looks like it will be open soon. And the Golf Course seemed pretty nice to me.
All of the staff that I encountered were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Just recently stayed, and I have to write a review as I didn't have any of the issues that I read in other reviews. The staff was courteous and asked if I would like a quiet room. I said yes, and was placed opposite end of the casino. The Stay and Play was a good deal, but the bartender at the casino was not friendly when I handed him my free drink coupon. I am also a golfer and would definitely recommend the golf course! It looks pretty shabby from afar (sand traps are terrible), but I have to admit the layout was great, creative shot making, and fun. I hope business takes me this way in the future.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2010

We asked for handicap room, the room we were assigned had no assist bars in the bathtub, we tried to call the desk, no answer. We will probably not return, this was the second trip and our last!

• Stayed: March 2010
Motel 6 Globe
Motel 6 Globe
#6 of 8 in Globe
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Globe

Been to Apache Gold Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!