“Apache Stronghold update”

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Apache Stronghold update”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I played today in a tournament 4/13/13. $30.00 is the normal rate. I live in a town without a course. I would love to live near here. I thought the course was closed. I was pleasantly surprised. The course has had some hard times over the last 4-5 years. You can see where they are making improvements. The fairways, tee boxes, and greens were mowed. There are a few greens that have some bare spots. These didn’t cause any problems. We were allowed to move the ball sideways if we needed to putt through one of these. I moved the ball once about 12 inches. The fairways will need to mature a little. There are many bare spots. However if you move your ball you can hit from grass. I didn’t move my ball at all. I only had 2 bare ground shots. I loved the course. No houses, no cars, no noise…I take that back lots of birds. I saw a few jack rabbits. Fun day. I’ll be back. They have a new superintendent. I wish him the best.

Visited April 2013