“Working Down The Road”

Apache Gold Casino & Resort
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Slots, bingo, and more! Casino, five restaurants, hotel, golf course, meeting rooms, entertainment venues, and RV Park, 90 minutes from Phoenix, just outside of Globe, Arizona.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Working Down The Road”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Bout 5 miles out of Globe,Az. Stayed there for my job which was down at Fort Thomas,Az. Hotel room was clean. Went to the buffet for diner, not bad for 7 dollars.
Yes it twisted my arm to drop some money in the machines. No Luck .

Visited September 2011

Mesa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Hotel Staff is uncaring”
Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I stayed at the hotel this past weekend. The room was nice sized, with a nice balcony, but all the furniture was dusty. The TV was ancient big box type and didn't work well. Hold your nose when you ride up the elevators - they smell skanky. The staff couldn't care less about you and don't ask how your visit was. They take your money without a thank you or asking of there is anything they can do for you. My husband and I heard many times from different employees "Oh, I am so tired" "I can't wait to get out of here". By the time we left we were tired of listening to them complain and glad to get out of there too!

Another thing that bothered us is it appears this hotel let's employees and thier friends and family use the facilities and stay in the rooms without paying? I overheard a bunch of people at the pool discussing their free stay and they said they do this almost every weekend. If that is true that is totally unprofessional.

We ate in the restaurant for lunch. It took them over 1/2 hour to get the food to us and there were barely 10 tables filled. My hamburger came almost raw, I had to send it back. My husband ordered the Indian Fry Bread, it was cold, chewy and tasteless. Despite this, we ate at the buffet that night because there aren't a lot of choices in the area. That was a better experience. The food for the most part was good and for the price a good value. Our waiter was attentive and cheerful.

The pool and fitness area are beautiful and the best part of the hotel. The rest of the hotel needs carpeting replaced and a thorough cleaning.

The most frustrating thing was the a/c unit. Everytime the a/c cmpressor turned on the wall unit shook and made a noise that sounded like dogs barking! Neither of us got hardly any sleep.

the biggest issue here is the staff - they truly don't give a rat's backside about you or the fact that they are employed to assist you, the customer. Poor attitude! Don't think we'll be back.

Visited August 2011
3 Thank Livia22
Las Vegas, Nevada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The great hospitality I received this weekend from the staff.”
Reviewed August 1, 2011

I have been going to Apache Gold Hotel and Casino since 2004 and always have a good time, but this weekend was the best ever. I would like to extend my gratitude and to the staff. I would like to start by saying every employee, I came in contact with was very polite and said hello with a smile. I would like to express an even deeper thanks to the staff members that went above and beyond the call of duty. These employees performance was executed in an outstanding manner from the moment we checked in, until we drove out of the parking lot. Shortly after check-in, it started when the refrigerator in my room #116 didn't work and the girls at the front desk were very helpful and were right on top of the situation. They called maintenance from the casino over to the hotel. Within minutes, maintenance had taken care situation with speed and were very courteous. Next I forgot my room key at the computer, again the ladies at the front desk held on to it until we returned to the hotel. Then as I was researching for something on the computer in the hotel lobby, I must have seemed extremely frustrated, because another employee came over to the computer and asked if he could be of any assistance. The hotel computer was running slow, he took us to his office to continue our research and printed out the driving directions, then called the museum for us. That's what I call outstanding customer service. I just wanted to say thank you to the team members that made this a great weekend for me.

To shy to say hi

Visited July 2011
3 Thank TOSHYTOSAYHI
Phoenix, Arizona
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Disrespectful to handicapped. Uncaring, Rude. Do not go.”
Reviewed July 17, 2011

While visiting the casino with friends, our Good friend was removed from the showroom for "appearing" intoxicated. He actually has a severe head injury affecting his equalibrium. They did not care and would not change their decision. Very unprofessional. Avoid this casino if you have ANY problems. Also the food was nondescript and that is being nice.

Visited July 2011
3 Thank Rhonda T
Tucson, Arizona
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“We have always had great service”
Reviewed July 16, 2010

My husband and family, have been their several times. We have always been treated with great respect and we usually stay with the Stay and Play package which is a gonga deal. Can not wait for the new fitness center and swimming pool to be finished we were there in April and great progress was being made on the construction of the new facilities.

1 Thank kylvisaker