“Desert Oasis”
Review of The Westward Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Salome
The Westward Motel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Salome
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Desert Oasis”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I loved this little adobe heaven! The owner and lady friend whom operate this motel are fabulous. I felt completely at home and had everything at my resource in the kitchen to assist with travel and making my own food/tea/meals for me and my field working boyfriend. The authentic ambiance to this Arizonian motel quite original! Amenities are great and even with four rooms to offer I felt secluded throughout the original and well manicured property. Thanks Randee and Janet Lee.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ashley D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Palestine, Texas
Reviewed May 15, 2012

I accidently found the Wesward. I was looking for something close to Salome. We needed four rooms for the weekend. We were having a mini family reunion. My family came from New Mexico and Texas.The kitchen was the gathering place. The family had all meals there, plus we played several games of dominos and a little game of penney ante poker. The only problem was the brother that we came to see could not spend as much time as we would have liked. He was on his way to the VA hospital in Prescott. But in spite of the problem. We enjoyed the hour that we had with him before he had to leave. My family loved the motel! It was perfect for what we needed. Loved the decor, good sleeping, great atmosphere, very clean. There was even a good restaurant about 2 blocks away. We wil be back.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Marlys L
Sandpoint
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I stopped at the Westward on my way to California. Just one block off Hwy 60, this motel is so incredibly cute!!! The place has so much character, I found myself constantly looking at the vintage pieces of furniture and landscape scattered with antique cars.

Probably the nicest part of discovering this little gem is how clean my room was. I can't tell you how nice it is to find a REAL bed when you are traveling, I actually slept on a tempurpedic bed!! Who gets a tempurpedic out in the middle of the desert??? I enjoyed riding my bike in the area and also eating at the Salome Cafe, only a block away - although there is a kitchen and BBQ there if you want to make your own food.

Thanks Rande for an enjoyable stay!! I will definitely return!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Sandy W
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Great ambience, really nice staff, spectacularly clean, absolutely unique.

• Stayed March 2012
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Reviewed February 15, 2012

I stumbled across the Westward Motel on accident, while bicycling from San Diego to Phoenix. What a special place! Owners Janet and Rande immediately made me feel at home. Unique decor, great rates (ask about the Airstream!), and funky/awesome touches. Stayed up late around the campfire in the back getting to know everybody, but could have easily done my own thing too, if that had suited me. A must-stop place for bicycle tourists, or anyone looking for a one-of-a-kind experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank JGoldbeck
Clarkridge
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Most interesting and fun place we stayed on 7 day trip in the west. Would totally recommend this place to anyone who's adventuresome. Very clean, comfortable, and reasonably priced. Spent two nights there and wished it could have been longer. You will feel like you're back in
the 50's in a route 66 western motel (with computer access and color tv.) loved it, Kathy& Gerald from Ar.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KathyClarkridge
El Cajon, California
Reviewed August 16, 2011

My boyfriend I need a place to rest during our long drive to visit my parents in New Mexico and we found this cute cozy motel to stay for the night ...The owers were so friendly when we checked in.The rooms were beautiful with the feel of a south westen comfort.. so if you happen to just be passing through this little town ..I suggest this place.

Room Tip: Quiet..peaceful..relaxing