“Privacy Invasion!”

Navajoland Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saint Michaels
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Staying here not enjoyable at all. Worst experience of my life. Wish I had read other reviews first. I checked out the very next morning because their security person doesn't value people's privacy. And then when checking out of the room I had to wait forever because they were inspecting another customers room before he could get back his cash deposit. Then I was told they had to inspect my room first for any damages! Like we would damage the room anymore than the existing damages? Traveling tourist...take my humble advice and do not stay here.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dawamana

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Have stayed here before and will stay here again :-) There is only one other motel in town and it was quite a bit more $$ so for the savings, and just for an overnight, it's entirely adequate. Definitely needs a little TLC but it looks as though they are making forward strides. Melissa and Yolanda at the front desk were helpful, and the pool and hot tub area looked inviting. Front desk thoughtfully called later to see if we wanted or needed anything. The linens, while not of the highest quality, were clean. The grounds were well manicured. We especially like being able to access our room directly from the parking lot, which makes it so much easier to load/unload luggage, rather than wrestling a cart down a long carpeted hallway. Bathroom tile needs to be re-caulked, and yes, there have been some less than professional DIY repairs made, but if you're just passing through, it'll do :-) The dramatic beauty of the area more than compensates for the lack of amenities.

Room Tip: The rooms on the north side are much quieter than those facing the highway.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank LINDA H
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Motel looks good from the outside and the lobby is OK, but beware! Room looked like it could fall down anytime. Lots of water damage. My hubby is a drywall contractor and was apalled at the workmanship. Smoke alarm didn't function, bathroom fan about to fall, holes in walls, carpet stained. Soap dish in bathroom ripped off the wall, terribly uncomfortable bed with plastic-type mattress pad. The heater cycled on and off all night long, keeping us awake. Scariest part, the security chain had been torn off by someone pushing the door open. Still watching my credit card bill for extra charges as some have said happened to them. DONT STAY!!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MemberBr459
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I called and asked if they had any discounts. The girl said no and gave me a price of $73. I said on the Internet it's $61 and then the argument began. We finally got it for $63.

It has a nice heated pool but the Jacuzzi, spa, weight room (and tv), and room coffee pot are broken. The standard answer is, "I'll tell maintenance", but the Jacuzzi has been broken for three months. I doubt if there is anyone. An exit door to get back to the room from the office couldn't be opened.

Room Tip: I think next time I'll check Quality Inn a mile or two from here.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank theprimaet
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Upon driving all day from canada ive decided to stay at the first hotel i came across and i did well tryed too i was checkin in and i was approach by a very rude mean lady with long hair and glasses i came to later find out this rude lady was a fd mgr the general mgr must have been on drugs or something to give her that title this is besides the point i was woken up around 2am to tiny stings on my body i had tiny marks on my legs arms neck i didnt think much of it since i was so tired and sleeply after a couple mintues later i felt bugs crawling and biting my neck i jump out of bed and found bed bugs on the bed and ive manage to squeeze the one of my neck i then put 4 bed bugs in a cup call the front desk all i was told was the mgr will be inform in the morning i was not even another room no apoligies needless to say i spend the rest of the night in my truck in the morning i demanded to speak with the general manager/owner who did not want to speak with me or even give me a full refund i have never been insulted in my life i was told by the fd clerk supposely is the fd mgr that i was the one who brought the bed bugs with me even when i had the lil creatures in a cup is this how you treat your guest/customers for future readers do not stay at this bed bug hotel the entire staff will make you pay for havin bed bugs in your room and believe me you will not feel welcome your better off stayin elsewhere where you will be greatly greeted and welcome

• Stayed: July 2012
6  Thank 2012sunrise
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I was traveling through an came across this motel & at the time i was very tired an all i wanted to do was sleep. When i had checked in the front desk lady with glasses was very RUDE. I had expected more from an indepently owned business. The room walls had stains and th bed had hair i couldnt get my door opened and a lot of noise outside i had called for security but the older man way outside carrying food and eating it. I had asked for a discount and to speak to the manager but he didnt want to see me. PLEASE SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ELSE WHERE.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank DoctorBarker
Reviewed July 1, 2012

After returning home from a two week vacation I saw an incorrect billing on my credit card. I called the hotel up to advise them they had the wrong amount charged on my credit card. They advised me there was a $500.00 fee for damages to my room. From all the other reviews it sounds like this hotel has many ways to get added fees from people that stay over night. Please beware...if you do stay I would have someone from the hotel go back to your room with you as you check out to review the room. But from some of the other comments that would not stop them from charging you added fees. The picture they have must be an update room they have not close to the one on my stay. If I would have seen the comments before I would have drove down the road.....BEWARE!!!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
5  Thank keith h

Been to Navajoland Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!