“4 relaxing days on the San Pedro River”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint David
Down By The River Bed And Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Saint David B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Visiting Arizona from Toronto - booked at the Down by the River to "get close to nature" - great experience.No car - so walked in a few miles from St. David -no problem and very scenic being surrounded by 4 mountain ranges.Welcomed warmly by hosts Mike and Angie and spent 4 days of great breakfasts and conversation, easy walks to the river,watched humming birds feeding just feet away on the porch.The highlight for me was evening and early morning sessions with my small telescope - the night skies were great - the stars were like jewels placed in the sky.Definitely recommend.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Ron F

Reviewed November 15, 2012

My husband and I had such a nice relaxing evening here. The inside was decorated so well that you definitely need to take the time to go slow and see everything. Tons of little antique items and just the house itself is very cool. It is out in the boonies, but had no problem finding it using the directions given. Very quiet and peaceful. Met a great couple that were also staying there. We had a fireplace in our room that we took advantage of and fell asleep to the warm glow ( don't worry-no danger of fire in the room) Breakfast was delicious! If you're looking for action and entertainment, this is not for you. But if you want a quiet, relaxing evening with friendly hosts and a sky full of stars, give this B & B a try!

Room Tip: We were in the cowboy room which was great. It does let a lot of light in the windows in the morning...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank n0sn0girl
Reviewed October 29, 2012

A little off the beaten path, a lot more than we were expecting, this superb establishment lets you enjoy the experience at your own pace. You can watch TV, play pool, hike by the river and into the riparian area, look at the stars through the telescope or sit on one of the patios -- by day, in the warm sun and by night, with a a crackling fire in the chiminea. Mike and Angie really make you feel welcome and can provide all sorts of information about things to see and do in the area. The house itself is amazing -- a structural wonder and beautifully decorated with in-room fireplaces and fun extra touches ranging from gorgeous antiques and architectural finds to kitschy embellishments. You can spend hours just examining all the collectibles on display. Gourmet-quality food for breakfast and great conversations. Really a wonderful experience that we are recommending to all of our friends.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 1, 2012

What an experience. Every room is amazing decorated with antiques and fine designs. They have fire places and private patios even. The food and the company is great. The common rooms are just gorgeous. It's kind of far from anything and not really much of a river walk, but its not far from the caverns and observatory. A sweet little get away!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My recent stay at the B&B was one that I will treasure. Sharing good company and good food with the Hug's was like going home to family. Guests are treated with like kings and queens at this unique B&B. Be sure to check out all the historical pieces they have collected to make this stay a memorable one. I will return with friends as this place must be shared.

Room Tip: You have your choice of several uniquely themed rooms, all unique in their appearance and amenities...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank TravelingLibrarian77
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I wanted to treat myself to a couple of days of peace and quiet, and found DBTR online. I am SO glad I did! The place was immaculate, the entire guest portion was beautifully decorated, the internet service was lightning fast, and Mike and Angie were FANTASTIC hosts. The breakfasts were gourmet-quality, and I felt more like I was sitting down with friends for a meal, rather than being treated as "just" a customer.

In addition to the wonderful B&B experience, I treated myself to a facial by Janan (who does house calls!) out on the back patio. It was amazing! Afterwards, Mike and Angie set up their telescope and gave me a vision of the moon and the Andromeda nebula.

I can't wait to go back! My thanks to Mike and Angie for a really great visit.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east get the morning sun, and cool evening shade. The smallest room (the "Mission...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Love Mike and Angie, love the B&B, loved the experience. We spent the night before at the ER (an eye issue) and my sweetheart needed to rest. Very peaceful, quiet and lovely - perfect for recuperation! After moving at the speed of light all week, this is a welcome change and a time to power down. Terrific breakfast. Mike and Angie are awesome!

Room Tip: Each room is decorated with a theme. I am a quilter so the Bird Room was a terrific fit for us.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CinVinFlyn

Been to Down By The River Bed And Breakfast? Share your experiences!