“El Charro Sahuarita closed, thank goodness”
Review of El Charro Cafe - CLOSED

El Charro Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This location is relatively new, opening within the last year or so.
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We have given this location four good tries to correct these faults: slow waiters, wrong orders, mediocre food, not felt appreciated. If they hire the same staff for this location's replacement, they are doomed.!!! Outdoor view of the scenic bank parking lot.

1  Thank beSusan97

Reviewed June 2, 2013

On a whim, I stopped here on my way back to Tucson after a visit to the Titan Museum. Pleased to find El Charro was not a run-of-the-mill tamale and fajita place, but rather offered a number of specialty Mexican dishes. I ordered a Chicken Topopo salad, with chicken tortilla soup. The meal itself was tasty, though the homemade tortilla chips were borderline. Service was a little bit uneven. Early on, I had numerous wait-staff checking on me, but later, as the place filled up on Saturday night, it took a remarkably long time to get the bill settled.
The salad was good, with the thin apple slices adding a nice sweetness to the dish. The soup was noticeably spicy, but not overly hot-spicy.
The bill came to about $17, which seems a little high for soup and salad. But on balance, it was one of the more positive visits I've had to a Mexican cuisine restaurant in quite some time.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Pros:
Food always arrives good and hot, tho occasionally a bit slow. Waiters/waitresses cordial. Never have I had to wait to get in tho Friday ad Saturday nights are very busy. Cocktails and beverages are nice...never watered-down.

I wish they had more American entrees from the menu but it IS a Mexican Food restaurant.

Con: It's a bit too pricey.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

The outdoor bar and dining area are nice, but certainly not worth a trip.On our last visit, the service was non existent. Spoke to a manager who had a blank look on his face. Food ids usually just OK at best.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was a solo vegetarian lunch diner here on a weekday afternoon. I enjoyed perfect patio dining. The place wasn't too crowded, but wasn't empty either. The service was perfect - prompt but not aggressive. Friendly but not intrusive. I ordered from the special $5 lunch section on the menu: A grilled vegetable tostada. Picante y caliente in just the right proportions, and a nice selection of tasty vegetables. The serving size was perfect too. I would go here again in a heartbeat.