“Terrible service.”
Review of El Charro Cafe - CLOSED

El Charro Cafe
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This location is relatively new, opening within the last year or so.
Reviewed May 19, 2013

The outdoor bar and dining area are nice, but certainly not worth a trip.On our last visit, the service was non existent. Spoke to a manager who had a blank look on his face. Food ids usually just OK at best.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I was a solo vegetarian lunch diner here on a weekday afternoon. I enjoyed perfect patio dining. The place wasn't too crowded, but wasn't empty either. The service was perfect - prompt but not aggressive. Friendly but not intrusive. I ordered from the special $5 lunch section on the menu: A grilled vegetable tostada. Picante y caliente in just the right proportions, and a nice selection of tasty vegetables. The serving size was perfect too. I would go here again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

It's night and day: the original El Charro Cafe in downtown Tucson is a gem. Go there ASAP!

However, the El Charro Cafe is Sahuarita is a joke. What a pity! Sahuarita deserves better than this poorly run joint that can't get anything right. I've walked out of there twice because of rude management, bad food and lousy service. I have to assume the owners of the original downtown El Charro Cafe have farmed this location out to an idiot relative. Help!

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I visited this restaurant a year ago and was very pleased with quality of food and exceptional service. Yesterday I returned to the same restaurant and tried something different. Again I was not disappointed. The waiter and waitress were both so very pleasant. The food was excellent. There was more than we could eat in our luncheon serving. Take out boxes were in order. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone seeking good Mexican food.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This is one of those restaurants that gets about 50% right on every visit. Sometimes the food is good but the service stinks. Other times the service is good but the food is off. Sometimes neither are really good but not really bad. Just once I'd like to go here and have a 100% experience.

On our most recent visit it was the atmosphere that was totally off. Food was ok. The service was the most attentive and professional we've ever had (I think Jesus was our waiter?). The food was ok. However, they had the basketball game BLARING on the sound system instead of music. Not just in the bar but throughout the restaurant as well. We moved once to try to find a quieter spot but it really didn't help. So we ended up shouting across the table at each other (how enjoyable is that?) and struggling to hear our waiter.

The sad part is El Charro is still the best Mexican food between Sahuarita and Green Valley. Other offerings are so bad they aren't even worth naming.

Come on El Charro... get your act together! You're all we've got!

1  Thank Artistseye