“A Pleasant Experience”

Agave Restaurant at Desert Diamond Casino
Reserve with OpenTable
Agave Restaurant at Desert Diamond Casino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Sahuarita
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Interstate Hwy-19
Transit: Taxi service available at Valet.
Description: Agave Restaurant, voted Best of the City-Casino Restaurants, by Tucson Lifestyle magazine, as a fine dining destination throughout the I-19 corridor and beyond. Enjoy Contemporary American cuisine, with daily lunch and dinner features. Savor signature cuts of Sterling Silver Beef, fresh fish selections, tempting pastas, savory salads, mouthwatering sandwiches and our delectable signature desserts. Located at Desert Diamond Casino-Sahuarita. Agave Restaurant, casual atmosphere, fine dining.
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I've been dining @the Agave on & off for 10 yrs. Several people have told me that the quality of food has deteriorated as the prices have increased. I had been given a $30 gift certificate, so my meal was free & the difference between my meal & the $30 certificate was given to me as cash, unexpectantly. I took advantage of their 2 for $29 special; By presenting my 'club card' I only paid $14.50 w/no upcharge for a solo diner - much appreciated! My mediallions of beef w/mashed & sweet potatos & a nice array of lightly sautéed veggies was preceded by a choice of 2 salads or soup; the chicken noodle soup was tasty & homemade. The food was well prepared & the beef was cooked to a perfect medium/rare. No dessert choices, but the crème brulee was delicious. My server, Shawna, has worked there quite a while & her svce is always excellent - friendly, courteous & professional. It was a very positive dining experience.

2  Thank bocce69

Reviewed June 3, 2013

A very good menu well prepared and served. Very pleasant atmosphere with good service. Superb specials keep it very busy in the off season summer.

2  Thank HapGreenValley_AZ
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We enjoy dining at Agave every couple of months before trying our luck at the casino. We were pleasantly surprised to find a special menu for the month of May, even more pleased when we saw Beef Wellington as one of the special entrees. But alas, in order to offer such an elegant dish at a special price corners must be cut. Out of curiosity we asked the waitress what cut of beef the chef used for the Beef Wellington. Instead of the traditional beef tenderloin we were told it was the "shoulder tenderloin". Never heard of shoulder tenderloin. Clearly NOT the filet. I opted for the bacon wrapped shrimp stuffed with crab. The shrimp were overcooked and dry. Crabmeat was spotty at best. It came with mashed white & sweet potatoes. I asked for the risotto instead but was advised there would be a surcharge for the substitution. It was a disappointment to be charged extra on an already pricey entree. My husband had the chicken special and my son had the lamb tenderloin. Both entrees were good. We will still return from time to time for our date night hoping to have an affordable yet quality dinner.

1  Thank GVgolfer2aces
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

The price is on the high side at $10 but it was pretty good and I'll probably go back. The selection was also pretty good and probably changes from day to day. Nothing spectacular but no complaints either. The restaurant was clean and the staff was friendly.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

We have been to the Agave numerous times with most of the visits being a delight. If anything was a detriment, it was in the beginning when they apparently had some rule where the tribe members had to be servers. They were resentful, slow and sometimes even rude. That changed as new servers were brought in and when we visited this last Friday, our server was funny, friendly and prompt. Sitting in the beautiful weather on the patio was a real treat as you can't do that in a month or so, due to the heat. For my lunch, I ordered the salmon appetizer with a Rueben sandwich and felt both were fantastic. My wife shared my meal, and was equally delighted. My friend had the Monte Cristo sandwich with a calamari appetizer and his wife had the seafood linguini. As a topper, a nice bottle of Kendall Jackson Chardonnay finished off what was a great lunch. We all remarked how good the meals were and how great the service was. Our friends had never been there before, but are already looking to return. I haven't tried all of the other restaurants in the area, but I'll wager (this is a casino, by the way) that there aren't many better than the Agave.