“Blast Off”

Titan Missile Museum
Ranked #1 of 6 things to do in Sahuarita
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The guided tour shows visitors how ready the U.S. was for war with the Soviets.
Tucson, Arizona
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Blast Off”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This was my 6th or 7th visit with out of town guests and I never tire of this place. Each time a new guide gives you a fresh perspective on the workings of this Cold War relic. Most enjoyable and a must see for those of us who remember ducking under our schools desks.

Visited March 2014

Otsego, Minnesota
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Titan Missile Museum - very interesting”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My recollections of the Cold War were rekindled as we viewed the Titan Missile and heard the narrative. It was a bit chilling to reflect back to those days. The retired Air Force tour guide seemed as he had lived it himself and was very knowledgeable and informative. We experienced a simulated launch of the missile which made me thank God it was never actually done for real. I was glad I had the opportunity to see a part of our past which of course was secret and classified for a number of years. I wonder though, how close we are to reliving those days with our current world situation and negative political climate.

Visited February 2014
Camas, Washington
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Close up views of our once top secret missile silos”
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Having been in the USAF during the 1960's and being stationed at Vandenberg AFB which launched test missiles for SAC, this was great fun to take our grandkids on this tour and show them the real missiles and silo up close. The tour guides are very knowledgeable and were able to answer all our the questions.

Visited March 2014
Edmond, Oklahoma
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Living history.”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

For us "Boomers" the nuclear threat had a double entendre. To see an actual Titan complex and go through the launch sequence was a bit spooky. The two ladies from our tout who were selected as launch officers said it was intidating. Overall a neat tour. Guides were mostly retired Air Force.

Snohomish, Washington
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Discovered the secrets of the Cold War”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

This museum is amazing. As a child of the Cold War, I never dreamed that I would ever get to visit the site of a Titan Missile (well, less the nuclear war head). This is a complete step back in time as you go through the blast doors and into the launch room of this formerly highly secured area. It is fascinating to me to explore our past through the declassified secrets of yesteryear, and that is just what this place allows you to do. The guided tour part was very fun and even entertained my 8 year old daughter who was able to move the 6,000 pound blast door! This is a must do. It appeared to be very popular, as we got the last tickets for tours that afternoon.

Visited February 2014