“Mexican restaraunt <-- A joke”
Review of El Coronado

El Coronado
Ranked #13 of 38 Restaurants in Safford
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 3, 2009

This place is filthy, the restrooms are nasty and dirty. The staff is rude and the managment is rude. The food is mediocre. you want mexican go to La Casita and skip this old and i mean old dive.

Reviewed August 20, 2008

After reading a review naming this as the best restuarant in the county, I thought I was in the wrong place when I drove up. It is in an old soda counter type operation, like an old Woolworths, but smaller. It is old but not cool in any way, metal and glass and scratched up formica, old stuff on the walls that is kind of embarassing, like Goodwill giveaways. Absolutely zero ambiance. The service was maddeningly slow, one disinterested teenager was the only person in sight, and even though there were only three tables occupied it still seemed to take forever. It is not a Mexican place really, it has a diner menu with sandwiches, fries, burgers, etc, and on the back of the menu a list of Mexican specialties. The prices are pretty low. There is no beer available. When we ordered we had to ask for tortilla chips and salsa, and they were the best part of the meal. While we were waiting for our food a delivery guy came in through the front door (at 7:30 at night!) with a handcart of supplies and did business right there in the dining area. When my food finally came, it seemed like it was from the frozen food bin at Walmart. We were starving, otherwise I would have left for sure. There must be some items worth going back for, but we didn't get any at our table. The experience was so far below par that I will never risk visiting EL Coronado again.

1  Thank Saluki77
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed May 3, 2008

ONLY Old Fashion Mexican Food Joint in the area, 50 miles to PJ's! Excellent! Tacos suck but only one place in town where they Don't

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 23, 2008

I now live in McRae Arkansas and am going to Safford for vacation in May and one of the reasons I am going there is that ElCornados has the best food I know of. The service is excellent and the food is high quality. I use to live in the area there and would go have a breakfast burrito everyday. Their salsa is to die for as well and the prices can't be beat. I am looking forward to my vacation and some real wonderfull food.

A TripAdvisor Member
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Reviewed June 5, 2006

Authentic old diner. Not many left these days. Clean, great food, unbelievably low prices. I never miss it when I stop in town. You must try the meatloaf special!