“a gem in the desert”

Essence of Tranquility
Ranked #4 of 12 things to do in Safford
Reviewed December 13, 2013

this little oasis is just what the doctor ordered, peace and quite, casual and homey. Old style Deep cement tubs to soak away your cares.Camping options are clean and comfortable.The locals make this a regular stop, it's worth a trip.

4  Thank lauriemona
"tuesday"
"bed"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My husband and I came here and were not disappointed. The people here are very nice and the hot mineral spring tubs were so warm and relaxing. We soaked in the tub and then Mary gave us a massage which was so relaxing. The people here make you feel right at home. There is no rush. They have different rooms with hot tubs and door for privacy. Will return here when we are in the area. Please remember this is not a fancy place, but the prices are so very reasonable that it was well worth our time here.

2  Thank AZretiree
Reviewed November 11, 2013

If you are looking to be waited on or want to have some upscale experience with bathrobes and tray bearing waitpersons, this is NOT the place for you. But, if you are looking for absolutely PURE soaking waters, quiet grounds, peaceful surroundings and some other soul mates, then this is absolutely the place to be.

I have been to Essence twice now, once with my friends from Tucson and once solo and both times the experience was stellar. I love that you have complete freedom to soak whenever a pool is open day or night. I can't think of a more lovely experience.

The shared kitchen is lovely and clean as is the shared space to just read a book. My favorite is the outdoor eating area and the lovely grounds.

I adore this place and will be back again as time allows.

1  Thank demenshea
Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I stopped by here and enjoyed a pleasant soak in one of the hotter enclosed tubs and then in the cooler outdoor tub. It was very relaxing and my skin was nice and soft when I was done. It was great to not smell chlorine! Don't worry... it's not weird. No alcohol or people smoking. Everyone we encountered from the owners to the other patrons were very pleasant people... and everyone was wearing a swim suit. In the enclosed ones it's clothing optional. Like other reviewers said... it's rustic and homey... not a fancy spa. So as long as you know that, go and enjoy!

3  Thank JanetB2656
See more reviews
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I do occasional work in Safford and have taken to stopping by for a relaxing soak before my trip home. This is an absolutely lovely place with private clothing optional soaking rooms that run about 106 degrees. There are also other temperature pools if you are so inclined. The owners have obviously worked hard to make this lovely and relaxing spot. The private soaking rooms are decorated with beautiful and calming colors, each has a different theme. Truly a lovely spot, and well worth the drive to Safford. Safford is a great weekend spot, regardless. Some of the best Mexican food you'll find in the state. Essence of Tranquility also has rental cabins and a full communal kitchen, my work schedule hasn't allowed me time to do this yet, but it's definitely in the plans. Of note, this is NOT like a trip to the spa upstairs in the Marriott. This is just simply a wonderful and calming place with reasonable rates, a lovely setting, and healing waters.

2  Thank Debra P

Been to Essence of Tranquility? Share your experiences!