“The Best in Safford”

Dining options: Reservations
Mesa, Arizona
“The Best in Safford”
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

We ate here on our final night in the area. Had we eaten here earlier, we probably would have visited more than once. My husband's steak was still juicy, even though he ordered it medium well (). My chicken was quite moist, but the raspberry-chipotle sauce a tad too spicy. Even my granddaughter' hot dog was a notch or two above normal kids' fare. The salad bar was small but good enough. Our sever, Bay (sp?) was darling, hospitable, accommodating, and attentive. We will visit again on our next trip.

• Visited June 2014

Safford, Arizona, United States
“Great Steaks, watery drinks, service?”
Reviewed May 6, 2014

The Copper Steer has been a local success story, growing in capacity in the last couple of years, adding dining space. The quality of the beef is excellent and is prepared well. The salad bar is unremarkable. We were there before the night crowd hit and the romaine was leftover, edged with red and no so very crisp. The assortment on the salad bar is unimaginative and sparse. They do their best on the main course. The prices on the steaks was high for Safford but worth it. Since the place is Mormon owned, don't expect much attention to the service or quality in the bar. We ate in the bar, preceding our dinner with mixed drinks. After ordering a scotch and soda which was almost white, I asked the bartender to put more in, so she charged me for a double, which was another four dollars on top of a 9 dollar drink. I was through drinking after two drinks but without asking she shoved a third one on me. My wife ordered martinis, and she said she could hardly taste the vodka at all. Although arriving at before 5 PM, we still had slow food service. Would I go back? Probably based on the quality of the ribeye, but I have no illusions about the service or drink quality. It is still one of the two best choices in Safford.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Robert V
Phoenix, United States
“Best restaurant in Safford”
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Visited this restaurant with my fiance and our hiking club recently. We ate there twice in our 4 day visit. Loved the food. We had the seafood platter (Mahi Mahi, butterfly shrimp, scallops,mashed potatoes, grilled zucchini and trip to salad bar) which was delicious! We went back second time and had the grilled chicken sandwich and my fiance had a nice juicy large tasty grilled hamburger. I substituted the potato side for the salad bar with no difficulty. The service was great accomodating our 8 person group. Outdoor seating limited. Very satisfied with this experience!

• Visited May 2014
Safford
“Yummy and tender Prime Rib.”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

The prime rib is smoked, wonderfully seasoned, and tender enough to cut with a fork. If you are looking for a great steak or burger this is the place to go.

• Visited March 2014
Pisa, Italy
“Yeah eccellent meat !”
Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

In Tuscany we have Good meat, so I can say that this restaurant has tasty and well- cooked- dishes. Eating meat can be relaxing for an Italian guy not used to foreign food, so a restaurant with soft steak mixed with finely dressed vegetables and not invasive sauces is ideal. The price is proper.