“FOR SMALL TOWN.....GOOD STEAK”

Copper Steer Steakhouse
Ranked #21 of 36 Restaurants in Safford
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Glendale, Arizona
“FOR SMALL TOWN.....GOOD STEAK”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The help does everything they can to make your dining experience a good one. The steaks and very well aged and grilled over a mesquite wood fire. You can almost cut them with a fork. Now, when it comes to the sides there is a problem. I'm not going into what needs to be done but the owners really need to visit a steak house in a big city to get some ideas of fixing this problem. Look, it's a small town restaurant trying hard to make you (the customer) happy and that is worth a lot. Also, some attention is needed at the salad bar. All this said, I'd go back if ever in Safford, AZ, again. Ron.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank avie8tor

Silver City, New Mexico
“Great Steak!!!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We had a great steak dinner at the Copper Steer Steakhouse. The steak was cooked over an open pit fire with mesquite wood. The grill master had over 30 years experience as a butcher and chef. The steak couldn't have been cooked better!! The waitress was friendly and attentive. This restaurant is only a few years old and is very nicely done.

• Visited July 2013
San Simon, Arizona, United States
“Nahhh, get steak somewhere else.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have eaten here 3 times and each time has been a disappointment. I thought they would have improved things after the first 2 visits so I went in for a 3rd time and received the same. The salad bar is just your very basic salad, similar to Pizza Hut, if not with less offerings. They do bring out bread before your meal, however it is always COLD. I appreciate a good steak, however each time I have ordered the ribeye and all I can say is that it is okay, not good or great. I did enjoy the baked potato but I can't justify the cost just to enjoy a potato. Sorry, but I would not stop here and expect a nice steak dinner. Some small adjustments would make this place very good but after several years the owners haven't caught on.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Scoti M
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Best Local Steakhouse”
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I travel to Safford quite a bit and find that this is the best steak in the Safford area. They have a good salad bar and good quality cuts of meat. The steaks are cooked over mesquite wood fires and give the best taste! Overall I have never gotten a bad meal and the service is usually good also!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Jim D
Mesa, Arizona
“Darned good!”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

I read some other reviews wherein complaints on the salad bar were present. I ate there last night (5/24/13) and there is NOTHING WRONG with that salad bar. It had all the standard offerings and the gal was replenishing low items as I approached it. My burger was good. I am not much of a meat guy. My wife drags me and she had steak. Not a darned thing wrong with any of it. Darned good. Ignore the whiney babies.

• Visited May 2013