“Kinda pricey, but good.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn & Suites Safford

Comfort Inn & Suites Safford
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Safford
Mesa, Arizona
“Kinda pricey, but good.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We put up a group in 17 rooms and were unable to get a rate lower than $90 per room, perhaps it was because the county fair was in town, but just seemed kinda pricey. The staff seemed not to be knowledgeable in how to handle large groups. On check in the people's names were not associated with their room numbers, and when I checked out I couldn't get a final bill for all the rooms in my group. But the rooms were comfy and spacious, nice sheets and comfy mattresses. The breakfast was more than I was expecting. The lobby and breakfast room were very clean, as were the rooms. Slowest elevator on the planet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tammy M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Safford, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your wonderful group in Safford. Please accept my personal apologies for the check in and check out, as our guests satisfaction is ultimately my responsibility. Your comments will be used in a front desk training. We were pleased to see that your rooms were clean and comfortable and that breakfast was great. Thank you again for your time and patronage. Please have safe travels!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Florence, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

If you happen to be a day sleeper. DO NOT STAY HERE!. The housekeeping staff will keep you awake. They lack proper training as how they prop open a door. they use the slide lock and everytime they go in and out of the rooms you hear a THUD! THUD! THUD! and that every room on the floor. I brought this to the lead housekeepers attention and it went just that far. They go by once and collect the laundry. Then come back by a few hours later and clean. then come back by and make up the bed. The housekeeping staff could use more training. I come here to sleep. Weather it be in the night or day. I never heard anyone come out of the elevator or walk down the hall.

Room Tip: Day sleeper beware!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tammy M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Safford, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
I am so sorry that your sleep was interrupted, please accept our apologies. We do try and cater to our day sleepers as we even have a night cleaning team to clean their rooms while they are at work. Your comments have been turned over to our head of housekeeping to be addressed. You can contact me personally at GM@visitsafford.com and I will note any incoming reservations to see if we could put you in a location that would be the most beneficial to you. Again please accept my apologies and please have safe travels!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Quick check in with no issues at all. Comfortable bed, everything was in the room was clean. Easy in and out from the main road with plenty of parking. Overall good nights sleep...will definitely stay again if in the area

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our location was easy to find and convenient to get to. Your comments will be shared with the entire team. Thank you so much for your time and patronage. We hope to be able to host in the future and please have safe travels.
Florence
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Staff very friendly and helpful. When we checked into room we didn't have the remote for the TV. I told the front desk and they got ahold of maintenance right away to get one for us. Breakfast was excellent and staff there made sure all items were filled and hot and ready. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your patronage and for taking the time to provide us with your comments and feedback. Your comments will be shared with the entire staff. We were pleased to see that the issue with the remote was taken care of promptly and that you enjoyed your breakfast. Again thank you for your time and patronage. We hope to be able to host you in the future.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I spent one night at this Comfort Inn. The room was nice and clean but somewhat crowded. But I would stay here again if in the area. Front desk was very friendly, no problems with check out or check in. If memory serves me right, breakfast was pretty much standard.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tammy M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Safford, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing us for your accommodation needs while here in the Gila Valley. Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your comments and feedback. Have safe travels and we hope to be able to host you in the future.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I went to Safford to visit couple of my buddies there. After some research, I decided to stay at Comfort Inn & Suite in Safford instead of the one in Thatcher. The room rate was good, less than 100 per night on AAA rate. Since it was a small town, I didn't have much expectation. The lobby is simple and functional, the staff at the front desk was friendly and helpful. I was assigned a room on the third floor.

The room is like a studio. It has a living room area, and a sleeping area (mine has a king bed). The room is clean, and still has the new smell.

Did I mention that it also includes hot breakfast in the morning.

Overall, it was a good stay, Will go back next time

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
      Cleanliness
Thank you so much for choosing your Comfort Inn & Suites during your stay in Safford and for taking the time to provide us with your comments and feedback. We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your room and your stay. We hope to see you again in the future. Have safe travels!
Marion, Iowa, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

We arrived in Safford later in the evening and got one of the only hotel rooms left. We were very pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness of the room and its spaciousness. And even though the hotel was full, it was quiet! The best surprises happened the next morning. We opened our window shutters and discovered a magnificent view of some of the mountains surrounding the town. And when I returned from my 4 mile run, there was a very good breakfast waiting. In fact, I had checked it out prior to leaving for my run and told the wait staff I would be back...she saved some really good bacon for me. The staff were all pleasant and helpful. We would choose to stay here again if we are ever in Safford.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Tammy M, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Safford, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
It was so nice to read all the wonderful things you had to say about the hotel and staff. Your comments will be shared with all. I am glad you had an opportunity to stay with and experience our beautiful mountain ranges and our hospitality. We hope to be able to host you in the future. Safe Travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Safford
Quality Inn & Suites
Garden Inn
#4 of 5 in Safford
Hwy.Express Inn & Suites
BEST WESTERN Desert Inn

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Safford? Share your experiences!