“Chicken???”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Called in a to go order for chicken fajita, After receiving our food my wife took a bite of what looked like pork or a very sick lamb. 2 seconds in to her fist bite she spit it out. Called to tell them and was returned with a rude response. Took the food back and still got more attitude. Hostess returned and confirmed it was chicken, but not edible. After going back and forth they returned $9 of our check. It appeared they needed the $. Will not return. The waitress told us the food was pre made. I imagine most of the food is pre made and heated. Shame.

2  Thank jimg3169

Reviewed October 25, 2012

This place looks nice but is actually rather unimpressive. The food tasted like a frozen box dinner and when we saw the cost of my ribs and my husband's steak we instantly disliked the place even more, if that's even possible. The menu prices should be set lower than the dollar menu at Mcdonalds because after all I can get better greasy food in a fast food line.

4  Thank Katie G
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I went here on a Sunday afternoon, just leaving town, and the place was pretty dead. (It seems like the place to be on a Friday or Saturday night, though). The staff is amazing! We had the nicest waitress EVER. The food! Yum! If you have picky eaters, or everyone is in the mood for something different, they have just about everything on the menu. If I go back to Safford, I will definitely be eating here again!

Tammy M, Manager at Manor House, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thank you so much for your patronage and even more so for your time inreviewing the restaurant. We were pleased to see that you enjoyed your time with us and your time in the Gila Valley. We hope to host you in the future.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

I have never seen an employee treated worse by their boss then what I experienced at the manor house. The poor waitress was demeaned in front of the entire restaurant (which was actually only one other table, no surprise there) for forgetting a dinner roll! I've never witnessed anyone more horrible than that owner or manager, whatever they were. Nobody has a right to talk to someone that way. It's really no surprise the food tasted as bad as the atmosphere. Save time don't go to the manor house. .

3  Thank John M

Sorry it took so long to comment on your review, but we took it to heart and went to great lengths to research the situation. We had not only the owners but a couple of the supervisory staff interview all the wait staff and no one could remember this situation happening. We also reviewed all the comment cards from the time period you visited, which was estimated based on your comment date and did not find any customer comments describing the event as well. Please feel free to contact me at gm@visitsafford.com or call me at 928-651-1000 if you would like to discuss this further. We would welcome any other information you might have as we don't believe in or endorse that type of behavior from our management team.

Reviewed October 4, 2012

The place itself is very appealing to the eye, but the ownership is horrible. The owners are very rude and take complete advantage of their own small town residents. We will never spend another dime here!!

2  Thank shellieinfiniti