“Heaven for me!”
other travelers have booked this property
The private courtyard is all yours
Rio Rancho Verde, our 62 acre ranch on the Tonto National Forest Comfortable king size bed, dining room, fireplace, kitchen, all the amenities of home
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Rio Rancho Verde, our 62 acre ranch on the Tonto National Forest
Dining room/bedroom
This is our backyard!  The horse facility opens up to the mountains, enjoy sunrise at the barn!
The barn at Rio Rancho Verde
Amazing sunsets
Enjoy a glass of wine on your private patio
Start your day with a cup of coffee on the patio
Western chic decor
Spectacular sunsets
Welcome!
BBQ your dinner in the courtyard
Cool cowboy
Incredible hiking!
Sunsets that can't be beat
Storm movin' in
A full kitchen
The Hole in the Rock gang
Join us for cocktails as the sun sets
Friends ridin' out of the ranch
Goin' home
Big screen TV, cable and wireless
Desert vista
Hay!  Where's my dinner?
Boulder bike boy
Desert in bloom
Double crested saguaro on one of our hikes
Ridin' the range
Desert ocotillo
Have a picnic under the palo verde
The welcome mat is out for you!
Night time storms
wild horses down at the river, 10 miles away
wild horses down at the river (10 miles away)
ocotillo in bloom
view from the courtyard
private courtyard
casita entry
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

JillUrabb...
Edmonton, Canada
“Heaven for me!”
Reviewed February 20, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Just finished spending the best two weeks of my life at this place. If my life ended today, I would be a truly happy human after having this experience! I stayed in the two bedroom suite which had the most amazing views, a trailer and lastly a bunkhouse. Each place had its own benefit but what made the experience to me was the location, the two amazing hosts, Joe and Carmela and the wonderful friendly guests who also stay there. A big thank you to Joe and Carmela who in my opinion went to the moon and back in time and effort to make this trip a success for me!

Feb 28, 2018
Aren't you the best! It was truly wonderful having you here at the Ranch. Joe and I, and all of our guests, were so happy to be a part of your amazing experience with your new horse. We all totally enjoyed watching you learn with Jack, and your enthusiasm and sheer delight in being able to ride the trails with everyone was just as much fun for us as I'm sure it was for you. It's not often you get to be a part of making someone's dream come true - it was an honor to be a part of yours. This is truly one of the major reasons we have the ranch and do what we do - to share it with people like yourself (and Gord) who appreciate the magic that happens when a girl and her horse connect. There's always a saddle at the barn for you and a stall for Jack here at Rio Rancho Verde!
JillUrabb...
Edmonton, Canada
“Heaven to me!”
Reviewed February 20, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Feb 28, 2018
Dreama A
Sedona, Arizona
“Great getaway for YOU and your HORSES!”
Reviewed February 4, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

This is our second year staying in the bunkhouse. The accommodations are lovely, the grounds are impeccable, and the views are amazing! We have our own horses and the horse setup is great. A short ride down the road is easy, meandering trailriding with iconic Sonoran views. Rio Rancho Verde is professionally run, welcoming and happy to make sure your stay is memorable!

Feb 5, 2018
You are the best and we so enjoy having you at the ranch. Thanks for the great feedback and we hope to see you next year!
cwh620
Ham Lake, Minnesota
“Cozy Accomodations, Friendly People, Beautiful Desert Surroundings”
Reviewed January 22, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

You can't get any closer to the desert than this. This is the second time my wife and I have stayed with Carmela and Joe, both times in the Bunkhouse. It is just the kind of place we love. Clean, comfortable and cozy. We also love cooking our own meals either in the kitchen or on the patio grill while watching the sun set over the mountains. Coffee on the patio watching the sun rise was spectacular a couple mornings. We spent our days hiking in the desert and there are miles and miles to hike. Carmela and Joe are friendly and helpful. We look forward to spending time with them again!

Jan 23, 2018
Thanks for the great feedback, it's also great to have return guests come back, and we so enjoyed having you both. Hope to see you next year!
Sandra B
Mason, Michigan
“Great hosts, Great view, Great Place, and Great Times”
Reviewed April 11, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Oh my were we pleased! We selected this rental because we are horse trail riders who wanted a great Sonoran desert experience.

The description of Rio Rancho Verde and the Bunkhouse/Casita does not do it justice. First, there were the awe inspiring views of the mountains and desert from all parts of the property. Second, the Bunkhouse/Casita is charming and cozy. It was well appointed --with a king bed, full size refrigerator, and big screen TV. We spend considerable time on the patio (including barbecuing) while absorbing the beauty of the desert. Third, the horse facilities were excellent. Horses were happy in their clean and dry stalls just steps away. Fourth (and perhaps best for we riders) the trails were close, abundant, and not rocky--all on public lands with views! Some banned motorized vehicles. Fifth, while it seemed we were worlds away, we were only 30 minutes from Scottsdale. Finally, Joe and Carmela could not have been more perfect, welcoming, and attentive hosts--making everything seem seamless. Their advice on trails, shopping, hiking, and touring were spot on.

If you want a western desert experience that is special...this is the place.

Apr 12, 2017
Wow! Thanks so much for the amazing review. We so enjoyed having you out to Rio Rancho Verde and always are appreciative of the great guests that we have stay with us. It was such a pleasure getting to know you both and I'm happy to know that we'll see you again!
James B
Libertyville
“The prettiest and quietest spot the desert has to offer”
Reviewed May 3, 2016 for a stay in March 2016

People asked me why we stayed at a horse ranch for a month. I tell them that Rancho Rio Verde is a horse ranch but is also a place where years of planning and construction have made it a beautiful place to relax and enjoy the fruits of Joe and Carmella's work. The landscaping on the 62 acres is picture perfect, the rooms and bunkhouse are designed to blend in and offer first class lodging. For a horse person and his/her horse this place is really the finest place I have seen where both can live in harmony for the winter months. The owners are always available to tend to any needs and the impromptu cocktail hours are more fun than the daytime events at most resorts! When you stay here you really want to thank Joe and Carmella for sharing their part of heaven with you.

Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
May 4, 2016
What a wonderful review, thank you so very much! We so enjoyed having you and appreciate your kind words. It's always refreshing to have guests who truly appreciate the natural beauty iin which we live and that enjoy the ambiance and environment we've tried to create. Please come back and see us again!!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing