Wife and I stayed here in September 2006 with conference associated with my work place. Booked for 3 nights but left after 2. Upon arrival given wrong room assignment per our reservations(requested king standard). After 15 mins a room switch did occur. Bryant, the bellman, given high marks for all his efforts. Decor and cleanliness of the two rooms we saw firsthand average at best. Bed linens below average, but bed didn't give my back problems which many do. Bath adequate, but again very average. Aveda sundry products were a nice touch. The entire staff was always very nice and receptive to us. However I believe this hotel must be under management change or transition. I say this because no leadership at the higher levels existed. All employees seemed new (I just started here 2 weeks ago was a comon reply). Everyone seemed to be going through the motions, but without direction from a higher source. The meeting room was below standard in size and Audio-visual requirements. Lobby had some quaintness about it, but the sofa chairs very dusty and I felt dirty sitting in them.
The advertized horse stables were still closed for the summer, despite the very comfortable 85 degree temps we enjoyed while there. The golf course we did not play, however I have heard only good things about it from those who have. Outside of that there is nothing nearby to do or see. Tubac is a nice art colony 10-15 miles down Interstate 19.
As to why we left so early has to do with the noise outside our room both nights we stayed. Our room was near the cabana adjoining the pool area. First night a group of young men played the radio and talked loudly past 1 am. We didn't call because we were both winding down from a 3 hour drive from Phoenix. Night two however the hotel hosted a wedding ceremony and reception. A group played loud music till past 1 am and then sitting by the pool talked and laughed loudly until 5 am. Yes that is 5 am. We made 3 calls to the front desk and evidently security had no control of the situation. I'm sure others were affected. That second night we got very little sleep and we were both happy to leave "Dodge" for Phoenix and a great night's rest in our bed at home. We will never recommend this place to anybody, unless of course you want to party till 5 am by the pool because they'll let you do as you please.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover simplicity, beauty, and understated elegance. The Esplendor Resort at Rio Rico combines the essence of the Old West with spirit of Old Mexico. With its acclaimed cuisine, championship golf, and memorable vistas, Esplendor Resort offers an exciting place for travelers to enjoy the beautiful scenery and history of southern Arizona. The 179 comfortable guest rooms are adorned with evocative Southwest furnishings. Just 40 minutes south of Tuscon, Esplendor Resort at Rio Rico will transport you to another world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Esplendor Resort at Rio Rico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esplendor Resort At Rio Rico Hotel Rio Rico
- Esplendor Resort Rio Rico
- Esplendor Hotel Rio Rico
- Rio Rico Resort