We have stayed at the Esplendor Resort in Rio Rico a number of times over the years. The rooms are large, with attractive southwestern decor, particularly the bathrooms with the nice tile sinks. The low-rise resort is very well laid out, on various levels. The grounds are well maintained and the large pool nicely heated. The resort, including the lobby and restaurant are very nicely decorated. This is all excellent.
Where the resort loses points is on internet access and restaurant (breakfast) service. We were there for three days, two of which we experience extensive times when internet access was not available. In this day and age service should be more reliable. As well we echo the comments about service at breakfast. After an extensive wait we eventually had to search out a waiter as no-one was around to servce us. Most breakfast items, e.g. the french toast and huevos rancheros were excellent with the exception being the granola, which was nothing more than from a box.
That said would we return to Esplendor Rio Rico? Absolutely. For the price (we had a third night free special) this is a wonderful resort, nicely located on the top of a hill with expansive views over the countryside.
A note for golfers. I have very much enjoyed the nearby Rio Rico golf course over the years but currently (November 2012) the condition was simply awful. Greens and tee boxes were terrible, embarrassing really. There was indication of new management, and considerable work being done, especially on the greens. Hopefully this very playable course, with a number of nicely designed holes will be brought back to its previous quality. But at the moment the condition is terrible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover simplicity, beauty, and understated elegance. The Esplendor Resort at Rio Rico combines the essence of the Old West with spirit of Old Mexico. With its acclaimed cuisine, championship golf, and memorable vistas, Esplendor Resort offers an exciting place for travelers to enjoy the beautiful scenery and history of southern Arizona. The 179 comfortable guest rooms are adorned with evocative Southwest furnishings. Just 40 minutes south of Tuscon, Esplendor Resort at Rio Rico will transport you to another world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Esplendor Resort at Rio Rico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Esplendor Resort At Rio Rico Hotel Rio Rico
- Esplendor Resort Rio Rico
- Esplendor Hotel Rio Rico
- Rio Rico Resort