“Amazing Experience!”

Ranked #3 of 8 things to do in Rimrock
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I planned a visit to the Medicine Wheel Lodge and Wolf Sanctuary as a surprise for my husband and adult son. We were warmly greeted by our gracious hosts, Healing Wolf and her husband John. The tour of their historic home and grounds, which once belonged to Morgan Earp, was fascinating and filled with historical memorabilia and Native American artifacts.
The highlight of our visit and thrill of a lifetime was meeting and interacting with the two packs of wolves. There were two wolves in each enclosure, Mahota and her brother Jertoma, and Kira who is the protector of Dakota. We followed our hosts instructions upon entering the enclosure and the wolves were so loving and playful. It was very apparent that they were well cared for and very much loved and we were not the slightest bit afraid of our new furry friends.
One of the wolves, Dakota, was badly abused before coming to the sanctuary and did not interact with us at all, he just sat in a corner watching us with the saddest look on his face. His eyes seemed to bore right through your soul and his face looked hauntingly human to me. I will never forget him, I cannot get the look of his face out of my mind.
This experience was definitely the highlight of our trip and I look forward to coming back here in the future.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"land"
"sedona"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The wolves are magnificent..Beautiful and gentle creatures. I was surprised at how social and friendly they where. Another example of man twisting fact and nature. I went for the wolves but they place has so much to offer. Filled with a lot of history, legends and culture. It really is a hidden gem. Run by a great couple, meeting them was just as interesting and unique as the wolves. A great experience

Reviewed May 1, 2018

I didn't expect my experience to be so profoundly moving and healing.

For about 2 years I had suffered with PTSD, I went to Arizona to find a way to overcome this, and a friend of mine showed me some pictures and I thought it would be nice to go there.

What I had experienced was beyond anything I had expected. It wasn't only the wolves, but the energy of the land there.

Within the first few minutes being with the wolves something started to move inside of me and I started to cry and cry, it was a really healing experience.

Highly recommend going there!!!

1  Thank israjj23
Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

This is a MUST if you love wolves. The place is amazing, the energy strong and grounding. Healing Wolf & her husband, John, clearly loves these beautiful creatures and they them.

My daughter has loved wolves for as long as she can remember. In fact, wolves are one of her spirit animals. She will never forget this experience and we are considering making this an annual trip!

Thank you Healing Wolf and John for all that you do for these lovely creatures. We hope to see you again soon!

2  Thank Acupuncture Anj L
See more reviews
Reviewed March 20, 2018

My best friend and I found this amazing place when we visited the Sedona Chamber of Commerce and found a pamphlet. My friend has always had an affinity for wolves and so she and I of course had to go. The first year we were not able to make it but I told another friend about this place and she did visit and then told me about her amazing experience. My best friend and I made reservations and could not wait to go. Healing Wolf and her husband who run the sanctuary are some the kindest, gentlest, and welcoming souls I have ever met, The tour starts by entering their home and hearing about the history of the property and how they became a wolf sanctuary. After Healing Wolf takes you to the enclosures to be introduced to the wolves. There were 2 wolves per enclosure. Yes you get to go inside the enclosures to get "up close and personal" with the wolves. You can pet them, lay down with them and hug them. Listening to Healing Wolf's stories and messages of kindness while petting such and amazing animal is beyond word. I will let anyone who feels the pull to visit this place experience it for themselves as I'm sure everyone has their own unique experience. We were given a small bag of wolf fur to take home so that we could call on Wolf medicine when we need it. Donations are recommended and I wish I had brought more money because what I got out of it was so much more than I could give.

5  Thank LyssaK28

Travelers who viewed Medicine Wheel Lodge Spiritual Day Lodge & Wolf Sanctuary also viewed

Been to Medicine Wheel Lodge Spiritual Day Lodge & Wolf Sanctuary? Share your experiences!