“Gotta have the ribs”
Review of San Tan Flat

San Tan Flat
Ranked #3 of 121 Restaurants in Queen Creek
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We took some friends from out of town and were as usual very happy with the food. Had the rack of ribs and as the best ribs I have ever had,absolutely wonderful, friends had the Flat Iron steak, the least expensive on the menu and they were raving about how great it was. The sides are also very good (creamed corn is a must) the atmosphere is completely western with campfires at night and of course s'mores for desert. Only complaint we sat inside where you have table service ( outside is self serve) the meal took 45 minutes to get after we ordered after we waited35 minutes just to sit down. Be prepared to wait for your food, but is worth the wait. Very casual and everyone will have fun there.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

6 of us went for dinner on a Wednesday evening around 8PM. We all were very satisfied with our dinners as well as the prices and the extra of buying a 'smore setup' to feed 6 desserts. The entire restaurant is self-serve from standing in line to order and pay, to self pick-up based on a lighted number sign and bussing your table. Very good flat iron steak ($12.00) cooked to perfection for me and smores for dessert. If we wanted drinks we would have gone to the bar, ordered and paid and delivered them to our table. The entertainment was very good country singer as we sat out under the stars by our very own firepit. There is even a large dancefloor if you are so inclined. The only downside to the after dark meal is no lights to guide you to a picnic table; could even have lights in the trees and this would help. Next time I will know to take a flashlight or lantern to be able to negotiate the somewhat uneven ground and to see 'what' you are eating. Not much of a complaint for a wonderful evening of good food and good friends under the starlit skies!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Very busy restaurant- no matter which day of the week or weekend you go. Either get there at 4:30 pm or 8 pm. You will have a 30-60 minute wait if you go between 5 and 8 pm.Good food and fun atmosphere. We took our three grandchildren (ages 14, 12, and 10) and had a great time. Be sure and get a table outside and take marshmallows and graham crackers with you to finish off the meal with s'mores.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Excellent place. Great wings! I am definitely going to return again. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Driving up I was really excited about eating here. Walking around I was really excited about eating here. Then I discovered that it is actually hard to eat here. don't get me wrong, the smell of the "q" going on outside was great. OK, once I figured out there was no table service and that you had to go to the bar, fine. Stood in line and waited. Of course, having never been here before I quickly irritated the help by not answering the question of sides quickly enough. I was going to have a beer but decided i had better not because I wanted to keep my faculties in case there was additional questions needing to be asked or answered. Well sure as [--] my name was called, went to the wrong place to pick up the food... Then I asked a dumb question regarding forks and knifes which rec'd a dirty look and a point around the corner. The burger was good. Half way through it I went back for a beer (assuming all decision making was completed). Waited 5-10 minutes for that and came back to be cold burger. Hence, my 3 stars rating. If you like waiting in line this is the place for you. Lunch was bad, I would hate to see the dinner lines.