“very crowded, but fun. be patient”
Review of San Tan Flat

San Tan Flat
Ranked #1 of 116 Restaurants in Queen Creek
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Placitas, New Mexico
“very crowded, but fun. be patient”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Firstly, it helps to know the context - group of five, 5 pm, St. Patrick's Day, so STF was very, very crowded. This being the case,parking lot was full, and the line for food was very long, and pretty slow (STF has no waitstaff: you order at one window, pick up at another). Having said that, we had a blast. outdoor seating with individual little fire-pits, live music (country, of course: we're in AZ), good beer selection on tap, and the food was just fine.

We had a great time chatting with the other patrons on line - it being March, snowbirds from Canada were predominate (you could also tell it wasn't a largely local crowd, because they didn't know the words to all but the most obvious country songs). The staff kept a good attitude, despite the massive crowd, and the rude, overly-demanding little old ladies trying to cut the line and harass them.

2 Thank Matthew F

Bend, Oregon
“Great Ribs”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We went with a group of 9 and everybody enjoyed their food. The service was good considering the place was packed. The salad bar was the weakest point and the only reason this is a 4 rather than a 5. Even the salad bar wasn't bad it just wasn't as high quality as the rest of the food. My ribs were delicious.

Everett, Washington
“Don't have the time”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I've been to this restaurant 3 times now on different days of the week. If you want to eat, you will need lots of time as the food service is EXTREMELY slow even when they are not busy. The first visit we waited 45 minutes of our meals even after asking what is taking so long.. They were not busy, only about 15 customers. Second time the restaurant had maybe 25 customers and it took 35 minutes. The last time we were there they were not busy, I requested my money back and left after waiting for over 45 minutes. We didn't order anything special on our visits, burgers and fries - we'd heard that they were slow, but I thought maybe they were very busy, but not the in our three attempts.

2 Thank RueterRD
Littleton, CO
“Western atmosphere, good food, worth the trip!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The $12.99 steak is a draw, but the real reason to take friends and family is the western atmosphere. You can eat inside or out, with the fire pits, I would go out! Go early, 4:30 pm or late 7:45 pm to avoid even a weekday crowd. You serve yourself outside, so don't blame the wait staff. The 8 oz. flatsteak seems to be the best seller with sides and a roll. The salmon salad was tasty, but a bit overcooked. Bring your own marshmallows as they provide forks for roasting after dinner. Music is provided most nights and dancing if you a mind to twirl. Enjoy yourself, this is the real Arizona experience.

San Tan Valley, Arizona
“All the food is yummy.”
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

I have been here a few times. Once with my grandparents and always with my young kids. It is appropriate for all ages. It is a bar setting and there are some tough looking bikers and let's just say others. But I have never had a problem. I love sitting outside and having a fire. It keeps the kids entertainment with all the music and dancing. Plus the smore kits! Every single meal that we have gotten there has been really yummy. Everything from burgers to chicken to ribs and the salad bar. If you sit inside you may get a scatter brained waitress and yes if you sit outside you go in line to order your food. But either way is worth it for my family and I.

2 Thank kveltri