“Making improvements”

Cuisines: Mexican
Queen Creek, Arizona
“Making improvements”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

This place is really trying to make a stake in Queen Creek. They have made improvements to the food and chips and salsa are now complimentary. They have Taco Tuesday for either $1 or $1.50 (I don't remember). I am sure they would be open to receiving verbal feedback as you can see the family is really trying to please their customers. We have gone a few times now and seen them make improvements each time. Give them a try. You aren't going to get fine Mexican dining here, but the quality does match the prices. It is good food and a nice quiet atmosphere out in QC.

• Visited December 2012

San Tan Valley, Arizona
“Avoid at all costs...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Will absolutely NEVER go there again. I was extremely disappointed. My husband loves the one in Globe, and we really wanted to love this place too. This was not the case. As soon as we walked in, we were slapped in the face the the overwhelmingly strong scent of onions. It was hurting our eyes so bad that my kids and I had to go sit outside.
A few disappointing things;
#1- no lunch menu or specials.
#2 - no kids menu.
#3 - What kind of Mexican restaurant doesn't serve beans and rice with their combos?
#4 - You have to pay extra if you want another bowl of chips & salsa. Not so bad if they had yummy salsa, but it was run-of-the-mill, and the buttered chips were nothing to shout about, they needed salt. We considered it for a moment, but the waitress said our food was almost ready. 15 minutes later......
Our food; terrible. terrible. terrible. I ordered a #1 combo that had a taco, cheese enchilada, and a tamale, for me & my 2 kids to share. The taco was SO greasy, I picked it up and it was literally dripping oil. I had a puddle of grease on my plate. That's what the taco tasted like too, all I tasted was oil. My son's enchilada had so many raw onions in it he could barely eat it. (Who puts onions in a cheese enchilada?) And my daughters tamale... I'm pretty sure it was the first one the cook ever made, it was more like a mushy masa casserole than a tamale. I went ahead and paid the $3.75 for the plate of beans and rice, because my kids like them. Usually. These beans lacked any flavor, needed salt. The rice was horrendous. it was way overcooked, tasteless mush, more resembling oatmeal than rice.
The best thing about this place?... the bathroom was decent. We were immensely disappointed with this place, and won't return. The one in Globe is way better.

• Visited October 2012