“great learning experience”

Queen Creek Olive Mill
Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Queen Creek
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Tour, Shop, Eat, Repeat at Queen Creek Olive Mill - Arizona's only working olive farm and mill. Family owned and operated, our 100-acre farm with over 7000 olive trees is a true blossom to bottle experience. Visitors are able to learn first-hand how olives are pressed into fresh extra virgin olive oil on our educational Olive Oil 101 tour conducted daily. Guests can taste their way through our gourmet marketplace and shop for locally made extra virgin olive oils, Balsamic vinegars, olives and other local treasures. Our Italian inspired Eatery features old world family recipes. We use local and garden-sourced ingredients to create our healthy and delicious cuisine and showcase how extra virgin olive oil can be used best in your kitchen. Our in-house roastery, Superstition Coffee, will ensure that you'll get the freshest cup of coffee you've ever had. With plenty to taste, discover and enjoy, Queen Creek Olive Mill is a true agritourism experience!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Reviewed September 25, 2011

We stopped in the cafe/store and had breakfast. My friend and I both had the Florentine Frittata Benedict and coffe. The frittata was pretty good. The Rosemary Focaccia bread base was really good. I could've eaten it alone. Great coffee.
We decided to pay the $5 & take the Olive Oil 101 class. Well worth the money. I now know everything I need to know about how olive oil is made.
Went back to the store & got 2 boxes of Olive Oil cupcakes (every flavor). This was, by far, the best part of the visit. YUM!
We are planning a trip back in Nov when they will be harvesting the olives. They say you can watch the process while it's happening.
All-in-all, a really good morning and worth the drive to get there.

There are newer reviews for Queen Creek Olive Mill

Reviewed September 9, 2011

It bothers me greatly to inform anyone of this place mainly because it is so good and I have to share. If you go in the winter EXPECT it to be very busy; summer visits are just about right. Food is very very good; I suggest the bundt cake as well with their coffee.
look for speals I had the pulled pork and that was very good.

They are expanding so growth means good things to come....
sometimes if you are lucky there is a famers market available in season. Check their web site for wine tasting events and specials. The have tours and a great gift shop.
they are open 9-5 daily with indoor/outdoor seating.

I got this from their web site:
Enjoy breakfast or lunch by del Piero, our Tuscan inspired eatery featuring local and organic products. Our menu includes appetizers, bruschettas, soups and salads, sandwiches and desserts from del Piero family recipes using herbs from our organic garden, meats from The Pork Shop as well as our own oils, tapenades and balsamic vinegars.

Reviewed April 4, 2011

All in all it was a great way to spend the afternoon. We came for lunch, went on the tour, bought a baguette and a glass of wine and tasted all the olive oils. Very fun day !

Reviewed February 17, 2011

As a Phoenix resident, I am always looking for places to take winter visitors. If you are in the area, I would say go ahead and stop, visit the store and grab some food. I would not pay the $5.00/pp for the tour. The tour consists of a 5 minute talk on the front lawn and a 10 minute presentation in a tent. You do not go out and tour the grove or see how they infuse or create the various oils. I found the tour extremely disappointing.

Reviewed January 22, 2011

I have been to Queen Creek Olive Mill on many occasions. It's a lovely afternoon to enjoy the tour, a delicious sandwich and the great Arizona weather in the grove. There are nice events on the calendar including "grill in the grove" or wine-tastings. We love to take visiting family and friends for a relaxing afternoon. The products sold are also outstanding. Among my favorites: The garlic olive oil and the chili olive oil, the asiago-parmesan tapenade, ALL the stuffed olives, and last but certainly not least, the hand balm. Don't miss the chance to check out this local family owned business. You won't be disappointed.