“Clean”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Quartzsite
florida
“Clean”
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Room was clean and we had what we needed, the room cost was a little high for a Super 8. They are the only one to choose from so you have to pay. There is very little in Quartzsite to do. The flea market is like a poor garage sale X10. The vitamins had expired up to 10 years ago. This is a lot of junk in one spot. There might of been some really good stuff but we missed it.The only reason I wouldn't recommend this hotel to someone would be because I told them to go to avoid Quartzsite.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank jpb56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
SocialDirector
Reviewed May 10, 2009

Checked in here for one night when we were too tired to drive any longer. Room was adequate, but expensive really. Several things weren't working but we just needed a bed at this point. One thing that really left a question mark in our minds was the breakfast. Toast and a toaster I understand, but jelly, just a few tablespoons full dumped out on two open saucers? I suspect that would be a health code violation. This made me wonder what other 'corners' they were willing to cut. Didn't stay long enough to look.

• Stayed April 2009
2 Thank Funinthesun044
New Orleans
Reviewed April 15, 2007

I stayed here for one night in April 2007. When I checked out, I said I was coming back in two days' time and staying another night. I asked if I could leave my modestly sized backpack there until then.

Bizarrely, they refused on the grounds that they had no space. I told them I'd been traveling for nine months and stayed in over 200 motels, and people had always been happy to look after my bag. Either they had a special room for storage, or they put it in the office.

But they were adamant that I couldn't leave it, so I told them in that case I 'd stay somewhere else when I came back to Quartzsite - not that they cared. I stayed at the Stagecoach Motel on the other side of the freeway, which was more basic but only half the price and perfectly comfortable. And they looked after my bag while I was away.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank hikerNewOrleans

Travelers are raving about these Quartzsite hotels

Reviewed May 6, 2005

I always thought Super Eight Motels, which I have stayed in many, were moderately priced, but the one in Quartzsite is ridiculious. The roms for from eighty to over a hundred dollars during the Main Show and that is a rip-off!!!!! I have been coming to Quartzsite since 1989 and I and no longer going there as it is getting all commercial and very expensive.
Yuma Az. is just about an hour and fifteen minutes to the south where the prices are more for the retired and you have flea markets and shopping galore. Just about everybody goes to Yuma for their groceries and Mexico is just a few minutes away, so stop and see Quartzsite, just don't stay as it is very boring and expensive. Plus if you go shopping for relics, well, good-luck. Just about everything is also found at Freight-Harbor!!
It used to be the worlds largest flea market, but no more, it seems that every-one has went away to spend the winter some where else. Which is what I and many others will be doing as all the fun is gone.

22 Thank goofy57
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quartzsite
Best Western Desert Oasis
#3 of 19 in Blythe
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#4 of 19 in Blythe

Been to Super 8 Quartzsite AZ? Share your experiences!