“Super 8 Quartzsite, Az”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Quartzsite
Bullhead City Arizona
“Super 8 Quartzsite, Az”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2012

I reviewed their web site and saw that a double queen, smoking, was available. This motel was pretty well booked with Rock & Gem show participants. I called direct to the motel and was told all rooms are non smoking. I was going to book the room however, the clerk said she would not honor a AAA discount. She connected me to the Guest Services of Super 8 Motel chain and I was able to book a non smoking room with the AAA discount.
The toilet was dirty, the coffee mugs were dirty, there were empty coffee packets and no unopened packets. The supplied hair dryer had make-up caked on the handle. The sink was dirty from washing out the coffee pot. One of the beds had long human hair on the sheets. The room faced interstate 10, approximately 150 feet away, and was extremely noisey. To help distract the traffic noise I turned on the exhaust fan in the bathroom. The switch also controlled the lights in the bathroom which made the entire room quite bright. The Continental breakfast was cheap. Two kinds of childrens cereal, toast and butter, glazed roll, orange koolaide and coffee. Given all of this information, I paid $284 for two nights during the week. I have never stayed in a facility as poor as this and we are travelers. Blythe, Ca is 20 miles West with many hotel/motel and restaurants to choose from-go there.

Room Tip: Rooms on the South side are quieter. Stay in Blythe, Ca.-20 miles West. There are many more hotel/mo...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jimouts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

My husband and daughter and I went to the annual Quartzsite flea market and the Super 8 is the only motel in town (overwise a 23 mile drive to Blythe). When I reserved the room I was told that the only room left was $139 and was a FORMER smoking room that had been converted to a non-smoking room with walls washed down, drapes cleaned, etc, etc. Well, when we opened the door to the room we were almost knocked over by the cigarette smoke smell. It was so awful we had to keep the window wide open all night, despite the 40 degree outside temperature and being right next to I-10. It was a cold and noisy night. Also, the TV was barely functioning! Terrible experience.

Room Tip: Go away from the freeway side of motel and a good idea to inspect the room before you pay!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JoanLasVegas

Travelers are raving about these Quartzsite hotels

Palm Springs, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

The motel is located a short way from the "heart" if you can call it that, Quartzsite. The hotel has interior hallways, and doors that could be a bit more soundproof. The rooms are functional, clean, with Internet, TV, and individual AC. In the morning there is a simple, but well done continental breakfast. I appreciated having a hot-pot for real hot water. The front desk is probably a bit overworked, but they are friendly and ready with help, maps, etc. for Quartzsite.

If you don't mind the drive there are many more hotels about 22 miles away in Blythe, CA. There's nothing going east towards Phoenix.

And, there's nothing else I would even consider in Quartzsite. Most people are in their own RV's...

Room Tip: The rooms NOT facing the freeway are probably quieter... And, at the end of the hall...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Todd2PS
Escondido
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2011

Where to start?

I reserved a Smoking Room. (I know.......I shouldn't smoke) But none were available when I arrived. I have a printed copy of the Confirmation Email. The insinuation from the staff was that I was lying because the reservations for the smoking rooms were "made days ago". Well, mine too!

So they told me that the No Smoking Room I had was at the end of the corridor and close to the exit from which I could smoke outside. That was fine until they told me later that the exit door was broken and the room keys no longer worked on that door.

So...........that free breakfast they tout was some cereal or toast or some kind of stale cinnamon roll that hard and was really not edible. Certainly not something I would pick up at the market.

The room was OK for the money but don't expect and HBO or other cable channels. I think there were about 6 local channels with bad reception.

I will be making a few more trips to Quartzsite this winter but it looks like I will have to drive the 20 or so miles from Blythe every day to get there.

To top it all off.............I made the reservation on their web site and used my Business Debit Card. When I checked In I told the desk person that I would be paying in cash when I checked out. She said "no problem".
When I got home I saw a charge on that card for the same amount that I PAID IN CASH when checking out.

I have the receipt that shows payment in cash and the receipt for the card charge. I'm waiting on a response from the Manager.

I hope Blythe has more choices for breakfast also.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Jerry R
Westminster, CA USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2011

Pretty much everything you read in the reviews prior to this will give you a flavor for this motel. It is a basic Super 8, the only decent place in town, overpriced for what it is (law of supply & demand working here), bed was poor but the premises was clean, and you will most likely pass on the breakfast which is minimal at best. So if you're stuck in the desert and need a place to stay just be aware that it is what it is.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gary06
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

Fund this place late in the evening by accident. It is located in a remote location almost out of town, but was a welcome option rather than the trailer park motel.
Reception was incredibly friendly and helpful, room was clean and tidy - a bit tired bit exactly what we needed at a good price.
Air con worked well and there was plenty of hot water.

Room Tip: The Interstate is very noisy so ask for a room away from the highway if you want to open the window.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank frothygirl
MINNEAPOLIS
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2010

We stayed on a Sat..89.00 + tax for 101.00 total.Pillows and mattress just awful.Free breakfast was toast, rolls, orange drink of some kind, not real juice.No waffles but cold dry cereal, I chose cereal and could not find a spoon.I asked and was told " sorry we are out of spoons."

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank barowner
Also consider these accommodations in or near Quartzsite
BEST WESTERN Desert Oasis
#10 of 19 in Blythe
Knights Inn Blythe
Knights Inn Blythe
#13 of 19 in Blythe

Been to Super 8 Quartzsite AZ? Share your experiences!