“Inexpensive and clean”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Prescott Valley
Santa barbara, CA
“Inexpensive and clean”
Reviewed March 1, 2011

I got a very reasonable rate with AARP. Stayed three nights. The unit was large and clean; the bed comfortable (though that's a matter of personal preference). Bathroom was basic with good supply of towels and a noisy fan/light combinnation. AC/heater also a bit noisy but didn't have to use either for any length of time. Was lucky with considerate neighbors; suspect noisier neighbors might be problematic. . Breakfast was again basic, consisting of a selection of Kellogs cereals, pastries, bagels, toast, juice, coffee, tea, etc. (There's a Denny's next door that gives a discount to hotel guests.) Front desk staff were helpful and pleasant. Note: If you want a quiet room, ask for something at the back away from Highway 69 and I'd also suggest avoiding the section facing the gas station that's lit up like two baseball fields! Bottom line: If you're on a budget and don't need a place to hang out during the day, this will work just fine.

fan/light a tad noisy; AC/Heater also noisy though I didn't have to leave either on for any length of time. Walls weren't too thin so no problem with adjoining televisions/conversations

Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Redwood City, CA
Reviewed October 5, 2010

I was traveling on a budget and found the price excessive for what you got. First we stayed in a King "suite" w/ our 2 kids and a dog. The price was $87/day which was a great deal. But then I moved down to a queen after the family left and paid $74/day. I think the queen should have been much cheeper given how much smaller the room was.

I did have one encounter w/ the staff. I extended my stay 2 nights but was not told that my key would no longer work unless I went to the office to get a new one. I was running late for a meeting and fussed w/ the door, then finally RAN to the office to get a new key when the door wouldn't open. The man behind the counter chatted on the phone while I tried to explain what a hurry I was in. It took a full 5 minutes for him to finally ask the person on the phone if they wouldn't mind holding (I had to ask several times for him to do this). And even then he continued to talk. By the time he put the person on hold I was furious. He has NO customer service skills.

The next day I complained to the manager and asked for 1 day to be refunded. Which she did no problem. The manager was spot on, but her employees leave much to be desired.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Chester-le-Street, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2010

Good clean room fridge microwave and coffee maker.

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank Slimjudith
Arizona
Reviewed April 25, 2010

We've stayed here several times. It's clean, convenient, the staff is friendly, and the price is right. This is the best Days Inn we've found. We recommend it to our friends who need overnight accommodations in the area.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ckchief
California
Reviewed September 5, 2009

This was a disgusting hotel. We checked in and went up to our room, which was in need of some updating. There were special purple towels (well, mostly purple due to the amount of bleach used in the laundering process) for you to use if you might do anything that would stain the white ones (i.e, removing make-up, cleaning up a spill, etc). When using the shower/tub it felt and sounded as though it might crash right through the floor. it's definitely the kind of place where you want to keep your socks on at every possible moment. When pulling back the covers to get into bed, we discovered crumbs. We then began searching for other hotels in the area and came across a brand new Hampton Inn, maybe 1 mile away, that was $7 more expensive, and promptly packed up and headed over there. It was a wonderful decision. We recommend NOT staying at this Days Inn.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Prescott Valley hotels

yuma Az
Reviewed August 30, 2009

3 friends and I reciently visited Prescott Az. and stayed at the Prescott Inn and Suites and I just wanted to say that everyone was so nice to us especially the Director of Hotel Operations Matthew Krumwiede. Our rooms were very clean and comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was very good... P. Thorne Yuma Az.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Chicago
Reviewed March 30, 2009

I normally avoid Days Inn. But after reading the positive reviews listed here thought we'd give them a try. We were on a stopover heading towards the Grand Canyon and the location was perfect. Our room on the second floor was closest to the highway. At check-in the clerk offered to move us to a quieter location if we would give up our king-size bed. We opted for the big bed and didn't hear traffic all night. The room was clean with microwave and fridge. We had dinner at Denny's (next door) and wisely took leftovers back to the room for next morning's breakfast. Continental breakfast consisted of juice, really bad coffee, apples, and mini packaged sweet rolls.

On our way out of Prescott we discovered how close we were to other restaurants and shopping. All in all the Prescott Valley Days Inn was a good choice for a quick stopover.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
#17 of 22 in Prescott
Hassayampa Inn
Hassayampa Inn
#9 of 22 in Prescott

Been to Arizona Inn? Share your experiences!