“Soccer Parents Retreat”

Cork & Cuisine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Cork & Cuisine offers house made breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our dinner menu changes monthly as do the wines to keep things interesting and fresh. It is a casual relaxed atmosphere that is geared toward a slow enjoyable meal with friends and family.
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

What a gem! While our children went to the nearby movie theater after a long day in the wind at soccer tournament games, several of us parents walked to find a quiet, meal. The staff was inviting and super friendly! We loved the atmosphere and entertainment, and even met the singer and his wife. The wine and sangria were excellent. The food was outstanding! This will be a priority any time we visit the area.

1  Thank SonnyaD

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

After surviving a brutal day at the hospital I wandered into Cork and Cuisine serendipitously and was met by a delightful woman who I later discovered was the owner. I was ready to celebrate my survival but had no idea what a gem I had discovered. Sherri suggested trying out the wine pairing which was just astounding. Bold Spanish wine paired with exquisite small but satisfying portions of pork belly rubbed in coffee and medium rare beef for a price that was below a glass of water and soup at Le Deux Magot! Spoiled living in Scottsdale and annual summer house exchanges with my Parisien friend from the Latin Quarter I was just floored. The Prescott Valley company was also as friendly and agreeable as the cuisine. Well done Sherri! Tres Exellent! The Spoiled Scottsdale Psychiatrist, Thomas

1  Thank Thomas G
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Cork & Cuisine serves the best available food in Prescott Valley, AZ. Their chef (formerly with the Broadmoor) created delicious meals served promptly and hot. Four of us enjoyed delicious dinners including duck breast, chicken caneloni and whitefish with a miso-style sauce. All were done to perfection with sauces to die for. We met the gracious owner who explained her vision about fresh ingredients, local sourcing and their restaurant project development. The menu changes monthly including the AZ-only wines selection. I was astounded to learn this restaurant only offers wines from Arizona vintners, and the reasons given is they support businesses and the Cork & Cuisine lacks storage space. I was extremely disappointed because the majority of AZ wines I have tasted are marginal quality at best, and I ordered beer with dinner instead. Imagine drinking beer with a gourmet quality meal of this quality? There are not twelve decent vintners in this state to cover each month of the year. As an alternative they should consider continuing a state theme for wines with CA, OR, WA then AZ in consecutive months.
The restaurant is very small with a large central bar and if you are seated near the kitchen bring your sunglasses. The fluorescent light glares into approximately one third of the restaurant space and it is very annoying if you happen to have a seat facing the kitchen in the evening. Two members in our group complained about it. Maybe adding a drape on the south door wall would reduce the glare? The service was average - kind of a spacey server and our water glasses were empty for the last hour we were seated. The staff is uniformed and looks professional but the owner wears jeans and fails to match the image the restaurant is trying to project. I hope they smooth out the rough areas because again, the food was excellent and we plan to return.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Who would have thought right here is Prescott Valley, a superb dining experience with a 5 star chef, no rush and engaging staff. Menu changes monthly. (Had to-die-for ox tail ragu in February.)
Also, each month they feature wines from a specific Arizona winery; you will be amazed at the quality of these.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

Went there last night. 2 couples... Very nice atmosphere.. They seemed eager to please us when we arrived.

1 st strike Soup was cold..did not finish
2 nd strike Pretzel bites were raw inside sent them away.
3rd fish was so bland everything had no taste. Pasta dish was cold.. They reheated.. very bland..
We all tried to eat with the salt and pepper shaker just a workin..
We gave up after 20 min went buy waiting for them to heat up a plate of fish...
Finally had enough. I walked over to the owner and handed them my card. Said were done. The bill was 95 and then a reverse charge of 45 dollars.. The owner seemed mad at us for there bad food.. We went next door to Buffalo wild wings and spent another 60 bucks..Much better.
Looked at other reviews before we went.. Everyone said great....and chef John... maybe he was not there?... I admit the drinks were great!
Wonder if the other reviews are real.I Don't get it.

4  Thank kim j
Sherri C, Owner at Cork & Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Kim,
Thank you for your positive comments regarding our atmosphere, service and beverages. We are disappointed that you did not find our food to be more exceptional than our neighboring wing restaurant's offerings. We pride ourselves in offering elevated, well-seasoned dishes, paired with local wines and brews in a relaxing yet upscale venue. I do remember your party - as one of your guests had a food allergy. We successfully reworked her entrée choice to accommodate her request to remove the food allergen and she seemed pleased with her dinner. Please know that we would not simply reheat a dish if it were not to a guest's liking; our policy is to prepare a completely new plate which may be why you didn't receive your fish as quickly as you anticipated. Our apologies for not explaining that to you. Finally, as your bill was significantly reduced, we feel that we did our best to recompense you and your guests; however, on your next visit we would be happy to provide you with an appetizer or dessert for your table to share, with our compliments.