“Great Italian food at a reasonable price with a friendly staff”
Review of Giovanni's Pizzera - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Prescott, Arizona
“Great Italian food at a reasonable price with a friendly staff”
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Having been to Italy numerous times I would have to say their food is the closest you can come to the real thing using products available here in the USA. The owner and staff go out of their way to make sure your food and dining experience exceed your expectations - they even do "special" orders. The restaurant is a little off the beaten path but your reward for finding them is better food at a more reasonable price than the "touristy" establishments closer to town. This is NOT a Sports Bar but they usually have live music on the weekends.

• Visited November 2011

New York City
“Excellent NYC style, Italian, family restaurant”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

This is a great, little restaurant. Being from NY, I've eaten in many of this type of family, Italian restaurant both in NY and New Jersey. We started with a delicious caprese salad and then my wife and I shared a pizza which was very good and then had baked zitti which was again excellent.

I appreciated the cloth napkins and the friendly service. It is obviously appreciated by other new yorkers because my wife and I were laughing our guts out listening to the deep Brooklyn accent of two couples sitting next to us.

We even liked the out-of-the-way, quasi industrial location and setting. I'd be a regular if I lived in the Prescott area.

Visited August 2011
Solomons, Maryland
“Great family owned Restaurant!”
Reviewed July 19, 2011

Fabulous authentic Italian food done right! I've been to many Italian restaurants in the Metro D.C. area. Giovanni's in Prescott is definately top notch food ad a good price.

• Visited April 2011
“Disgusting - call the department of health on that place.”
Reviewed June 19, 2011

Me and my family are NO LONGER EATING THERE!!! We went there months ago and it was DISGUSTING. 1. When I went to the bathroom, I saw and heard one of the owners there “Tony” telling one of the employees to save allot of the food that came back from one of there caterings so they can reheat it and sevre it to the next one. 2. They dry the dishes with a dirty rag, your suppose to AIR DRY DISHES not use a rag because of the spread of bacteria. 3. They don't use tongs and gloves when they make salads, they use there bare hands and they don't even wash'em before they make'em. Me my family and everyone we know are never eating there AGAIN!!!

East Greenwich, RI
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A diamond in the rough.”
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I scouted out the restaurant for that night. My wife is Italian and we were on vacation. When I saw this one I was hesitant, Italian in Arizona? When she came back from shopping I said, how bout some Italian? She said yes. Olive Garden or some local fare? She said its up to you. I made the choice, we picked up some friends at their hotel and headed down to Giovanis. When we got there I started to wonder, did I make a mistake? We decided on the "La Familia" { $29.95} a sit down meal that feeds four with a nice selection of different items. What a hero I was that night. We went back a few nights later for more great food and the great friendly atmosphere. You won't find a better deal.

1 Thank AlSue69